49ers first round draft pick Ricky Pearsall shot in San Francisco

Chaos

25 minutes ago, julian said:

I don’t care, this isn’t shoplifting, this “we must have compassion for criminals and figure out who hurt them” nonsense is hurting good people.

I’m over it all, anyway I’m not interested in arguing over these POS criminals, I’d rather focus on the innocent person who was almost killed, I hope he can fully recover and make it back on the field.

Ah, well when you have more of the facts of why this person did this, that’d be a good place to start in proposing solutions to prevent more of this from happening in the future.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bob in STL said:

What?   When was the last time you were there?  SF has become a very dangerous city and it’s been difficult for business owners to operate there.   Statistically they say that the crime rate there is down in 2024, but it’s still very high. 

The suspect is a juvenile. 

My wife had to be at a conference at Half Moon Bay south of SF for a conference last summer. We planned to build some vacation time in at the end, and the people from her SF office said whatever you do, just avoid the city completely. It wasn’t safe, they said, so we just did wine country. Very sad because I remember how beautiful it had been in the past. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

I was just in SF two weeks ago.  The place still has some nice areas but overall is a train wreck.  Sadly not a surprise to me that something like this has happened.  I hope he recovers completely and that they properly charge the attacker with attempted murder.  We need to keep this kind of violent criminal off the streets.

Agree. Some parts are safe and others are terrible. 

Lots of emotional over corrections in this thread. This was a daylight robbery shooting on an NFL player. That doesn’t happen everywhere. Unless we hear this is gang or drug related, people should be free to judge the city based on their own experiences without being silenced. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Oh man I got suspended for 24 hours for talking about the Bills during a MNF game the Bills weren't playing.

If the mods follow the rules of no politics looks like several people will be missing for a while

Mods start a lot of the problems on here and say more inappropriate things than most. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, julian said:

I don’t care, this isn’t shoplifting, this “we must have compassion for criminals and figure out who hurt them” nonsense is hurting good people.

I’m over it all, anyway I’m not interested in arguing over these POS criminals, I’d rather focus on the innocent person who was almost killed, I hope he can fully recover and make it back on the field.

This is dumb, wondering how we failed as a society that a 17 year old kid ended up with a gun trying to rob somebody and ended up shooting them and himself, is not a bad thing to try and assess.

Also as another thing to mention, not victim blaming, obviously person committing crime caused bad thing to happen, but when someone threatens you with a gun or knife for your money or watch/jewelry, just give them your *****. Getting shot or stabbed is not worth your stuff, you should not go after the weapon unless you really think they're going to use it anyway.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Also as another thing to mention, not victim blaming, obviously person committing crime caused bad thing to happen, but when someone threatens you with a gun or knife for your money or watch/jewelry, just give them your *****. Getting shot or stabbed is not worth your stuff, you should not go after the weapon unless you really think they're going to use it anyway.

I agree… however, most NFL players are alphas.

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

This is dumb, wondering how we failed as a society that a 17 year old kid ended up with a gun trying to rob somebody and ended up shooting them and himself, is not a bad thing to try and assess.

Yes we failed the criminals lol.. talk about dumb, and a 17 year old young man with a gun robbing and shooting innocent people isn’t a kid, he’s a POS criminal.

Not sure how some people have gotten to the point of blaming law abiding citizens for the actions of garbage criminals , but here we are.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, JohnNord said:

Damn, you wouldn’t normally expect this in San Fransisco but I’ve heard about an increase in crime and homelessness in that area.  Hope he is ok

SF is super sketchy. It's bizarre, because the same streets that are littered with dope fiends and human waste are home to $4000/month apartments and multi-million dollar homes.

My last visit there, I saw a homeless guy take a dump on the sidewalk in broad daylight, 5 blocks from Mark Zuckerberg's house. 

Edited by skibum
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Radar said:

Idiotic statement

Not really, just another example of why punctuation matters. He was not laughing about what happened, or that it happened in San Francisco, he was laughing at the idea of the criminal receiving a harsh punishment, because the crime occurred in San Francisco. (Which would have been more accurately conveyed by saying “lmao, this happened in San Fran”)

That said, it is horrible that this happened, and I hope Pearsall is able to fully recover, mentally and physically, from this traumatic experience.   

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Bills Bud said:

So you should just let someone rob you? 

If they have a gun and you do not have a gun, yes.

And id bet since It is San Francisco so he didn't have a gun, only the criminal did.

• Like (+1) 2

Buffalo homicide rate is 9.7% per 100,000 people, San Francisco is 6.3% per 100,000, according to USA Facts. US News and World Report, according to FBI statistics, ranks San Francisco 20th for most dangerous US Cities.

23 minutes ago, Bills Bud said:

So you should just let someone rob you? 

I got mugged years ago, two guys, one had a knife to my throat. I made a business decision that my life was worth more than the money in my pocket and my watch. Any questions?

Edited by chris heff
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Shocked 1

15 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

No one thought it was funny? I replied to the comment (below) on page one.

LMAO means "laugh my ass off."

If he's "laughing his ass off" then he's finding humor in something that's not funny.

Nice name calling btw.

And TableDestroyer69 was the one who posted both the LMAO comment, and the comment that said no one thought it was funny. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, chris heff said:

I got mugged years ago, two guys, one had a knife to my throat. I made a business decision that my life was worth more than the money in my pocket and my watch. Any questions?

wild , where did this happen ?   

1 hour ago, chris heff said:

Buffalo homicide rate is 9.7% per 100,000 people, San Francisco is 6.3% per 100,000, according to USA Facts. US News and World Report, according to FBI statistics, ranks San Francisco 20th for most dangerous US Cities.

Hell even if you had a gun, I know it's everybody's fantasy to stand your ground and shoot the perp, but what are you going to do? Pull it out while somebody is pointing a loaded gun at you. Sounds smart. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

This thread is like the fattest lobster in the tank.  Every hour it’s still here is a miracle.

With irony being you are a vegetarian/vegan/something like that [talking about meat]

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, skibum said:

SF is super sketchy. It's bizarre, because the same streets that are littered with dope fiends and human waste are home to $4000/month apartments and multi-million dollar homes.

My last visit there, I saw a homeless guy take a dump on the sidewalk in broad daylight, 5 blocks from Mark Zuckerberg's house. 

Agreed-  the pacific NW has taken a big turn for the worse over the last 5 years despite its ridiculous real estate prices. 

Edited by NewEra