49ers first round draft pick Ricky Pearsall shot in San Francisco

Chaos

1 hour ago, WotAGuy said:

Ricky is friggin TOUGH. Walked to the ambulance!

Not sure who is more of a bad ass.  This dude or President Trump.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

11 hours ago, rusty shackleford said:

Sad, hopefully he is okay and recovers. Not much hope for justice being in San Fransisco and all.

What is with you people? Do you seriously believe nobody goes to jail in San Francisco? Or that there's no crime in places like Houston?

Enough with the knee-jerk nonsense.

Let's just hope for the best for Pearsall

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Hope the kid recovers, he’s had a damn tough start to his career.

This thread is a prime example of why this board sucks now. I’ll always enjoy hanging with the TBD crowd at Hammers, but this place is pathetic online.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buddy Hix said:

This thread is a prime example of why this board sucks now. I’ll always enjoy hanging with the TBD crowd at Hammers, but this place is pathetic online.

Why? Do you believe people aren’t honestly concerned or praying for this young man? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Thurman#1 said:

It ain't a matter of maybe yes or maybe no. It's no.

And no I haven't spent time there recently. But I have noticed that voting results did not go from conservative before these problems to liberal these days. Nor the opposite.

I'm willing to believe the decline is terrifying. Major major economic and demographic changes happening there

You seem desperate to bring politics into this. Or maybe to avoid it. The fact remains that these once beautiful California cities are virtually unrecognizable. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

I'm neither bringing politics into it (others did this) nor avoiding it.

What I said is that Red vs. Blue is not the major factor. The reason I said this is ... that Red vs. Blue is not the major factor.

Some seem to want to pretend that it is. It is not.

So the palpable decline is inevitable? Fabulous! 😉

22 minutes ago, Buddy Hix said:

So, if I agree with the takes you disagree with I suck to be around at hammers? That's silly. The board has always had this kind of discussion; in fact it was much less moderated with self moderation in the past.

I think many things different than you. And vice versa. The world isn't black and white. I'm sorry we suck and you're better than us.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

So the palpable decline is inevitable? Fabulous! 😉

Well, if there's ever a sign that you're talking with a person who's not worth spending time on, it's that he constantly repeats your meaning back to you and completely misstates it.

You've done that two posts in a row. I'm not interested in folks who relentlessly pull straw men out of the ether. Have fun playing with yourself.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

18 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Well, if there's ever a sign that you're talking with a person who's not worth spending time on, it's that he constantly repeats your meaning back to you and completely misstates it.

You've done that two posts in a row. I'm not interested in folks who relentlessly pull straw men out of the ether. Have fun playing with yourself.

You got all of that from me simply asking if you’ve been to California? I was just curious having lived here for over forty years. Have a nice day. 

13 hours ago, JohnNord said:

Damn, you wouldn’t normally expect this in San Fransisco but I’ve heard about an increase in crime and homelessness in that area.  Hope he is ok

What?   When was the last time you were there?  SF has become a very dangerous city and it’s been difficult for business owners to operate there.   Statistically they say that the crime rate there is down in 2024, but it’s still very high. 

The suspect is a juvenile. 

• Like (+1) 2

I was just in SF two weeks ago.  The place still has some nice areas but overall is a train wreck.  Sadly not a surprise to me that something like this has happened.  I hope he recovers completely and that they properly charge the attacker with attempted murder.  We need to keep this kind of violent criminal off the streets.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

What is with you people? Do you seriously believe nobody goes to jail in San Francisco? Or that there's no crime in places like Houston?

Enough with the knee-jerk nonsense.

Let's just hope for the best for Pearsall

agree, this could have happened anywhere. Some locales have… uhm… more “unconventional” views on punishing criminals than others, though.  Which is cool.

5 hours ago, Dibs said:

That'll fix the problem. 🤔

Almost all serious offenders are repeat offenders, so yes that would be a great start in fixing the problem, it doesn’t look like criminals with dozens of convictions on their rap sheet are learning from their mistakes. I find it odd that people feel the need to defend these lowlife garbage humans who prey on the hardworking members of society.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, julian said:

Almost all serious offenders are repeat offenders, so yes that would be a great start in fixing the problem, it doesn’t look like criminals with dozens of convictions on their rap sheet are learning from their mistakes. I find it odd that people feel the need to defend these lowlife garbage humans who prey on the hardworking members of society.

Why did this 17 year old feel compelled to do this?

10 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Why did this 17 year old feel compelled to do this?

I don’t care, this isn’t shoplifting, this “we must have compassion for criminals and figure out who hurt them” nonsense is hurting good people.

I’m over it all, anyway I’m not interested in arguing over these POS criminals, I’d rather focus on the innocent person who was almost killed, I hope he can fully recover and make it back on the field.

Edited by julian
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1