49ers first round draft pick Ricky Pearsall shot in San Francisco

Chaos

1 hour ago, Saratoga Leo said:

Should I say "Yikes Dallas. Three police officers shot yesterday. One dead. Example number one of how bad politicians and bad policies ruin a city"

That’s for the “back the blue” forum.

This is the football related one. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Where does it matter where it happened? How is it funny? 

Thankfully, he's in Stable Condition. Hopefully he recovers without any lasting damage.

He is implying that since California is soft on crime that the possibility of the criminal facing a stiff sentence is slim. 

Hoping for a full recovery for Pearsall. What an awful set of circumstances. Waiting for the update on his condition. Hopefully a good one. 

Edited by PetermansRedemption
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

St. Louis had America's highest gun homicide rate in 2022, followed by Birmingham, Ala., New Orleans, Jackson, Miss., and Baltimore.

maybe in 2024 it’s just SF 

Edited by nedboy7
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, JohnNord said:

Damn, you wouldn’t normally expect this in San Fransisco but I’ve heard about an increase in crime and homelessness in that area.  Hope he is ok

It’s still one of the prettiest cities in the US. But ya, downtown is fairly isolated and the homeless population is high. So you will find yourself with homeless people isolated at times. I would never consider the wearing something like that in the areas I was in recently. But obviously not a justification for what happened. I hope he is ok. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 3

Bullet went through his chest. Thank God he's going to be ok. Shooter is a 17 year old from Tracy, about 1 1/2 hours outside San Francisco. 

https://abc7.com/post/san-francisco-49ers-wide-receiver-ricky-pearsall-shot-attempted-robbery-union-square-authorities-confirm/15253615/

SAN FRANCISCO -- 49ers wide receiver Ricky Pearsall was shot in the chest Saturday during an attempted robbery in central San Francisco, officials said, and he was reported to be in serious but stable condition.

Mayor London Breed said in a post on the social platform X that Pearsall was shot in Union Square, which is a downtown shopping and theater district home to a popular public square of the same name.

"My thoughts are with Ricky and his family at this time," Breed said.

San Francisco police said in a statement that Pearsall was injured while being robbed in the area of Geary Street and Grant Avenue, and so was the suspect. Both were taken to the hospital, the statement said.

Authorities say the robbery suspect is in custody. In a press conference Saturday, the suspect was identified as a 17-year-old juvenile from Tracy, Calif. Their condition was described as stable.

3 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

And lack of respect for life. 

Noone is happy that Pearsall was shot.  A lot of us think that San Fran is a ***** hole sess pool of a city, because of the leaders and the politics that have pervaded the area, as well as many other areas in this once great country.  If you don't understand that, then wake up and start figuring things out.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 4
  • Dislike 3

38 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Wow, I didn’t know we had so many political experts here at TBD

Many of them read an article and saw a local news story 

Edited by Mikie2times
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Saratoga Leo said:

Should I say "Yikes Dallas. Three police officers shot yesterday. One dead. Example number one of how bad politicians and bad policies ruin a city"

Yes, but that doesn't fit the narrative.

California is associated with liberals, therefore BAD. Same with Chicago.

Texas isn't, so anything bad that happens here has nothing to do with politics. I live in Dallas, worked as a corrections officer for several years & now work security for an ISD. Bad things happen here all the time, but nobody ever associates it with politics.

But when anything negative happens in CA, oh boy does everyone love to do victory laps & "I told ya so's" around the story. Ok, proceed to down vote me.

Edited by BigDingus
  • Like (+1) 10
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

Yikes.  Here's to a speedy recovery for Pearsall.  What a terrible thing to have happen to the young man.

And now I'm sweating, since I'll be taking my wife and kids up there on Friday to see the symphony and sightsee. Kids have never been and I haven't seen the city since 2016. Of course, were staying in Union Square.

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Yikes.  Here's to a speedy recovery for Pearsall.  What a terrible thing to have happen to the young man.

And now I'm sweating, since I'll be taking my wife and kids up there on Friday to see the symphony and sightsee. Kids have never been and I haven't seen the city since 2016. Of course, were staying in Union Square.

I go there a decent amount with my girlfriend and we go just about everywhere. It’s fine. the touristy areas are very safe. Even the rest is fairly safe.

We just make a point to pay attention and not find ourselves with a homeless person and nobody else around. But it’s still very pretty and the food is great. Have fun!

• Like (+1) 2

Me looking at the comments in this thread 

ron burgundy GIF

1 hour ago, Jon in Pasadena said:

Awful for Pearson, his family, and the Niners.

Weird how fate works sometimes. This incident might never have happened if the Bills had not traded back in the 1st round of the draft, especially if we had picked Ricky ourselves.

Beane really dodged a bullet on that one.

I don’t understand. Are you implying that if he was drafted by Buffalo he somehow still would have been shot? 

• Like (+1) 1