AFCE predictions and thoughts '24

On 8/31/2024 at 12:38 PM, VW82 said:

At this point, it feels dumb to bet against the Josh/McBeane infrastructure.  

That said, we have 60M in dead cap and one of the hardest schedules in the L. Jests and Phins have injury concerns due to age/fragility, but their overall roster talent is at least on par if not better than ours. Plus, it took an herioc five game win streak to finish last season just to make the playoffs. 

10 wins seems appropriate and that's probably not enough to win the division, though perhaps enough to make the playoffs. 

I feel about the same for roughly the same reasons.  I'm just a little more optimistic, predicting 11 wins, and another AFCE crown.  

On 9/1/2024 at 12:28 PM, newcam2012 said:

I think the oline will be pretty solid. Top 10 for sure and top 5 is realistic. Kromer is an excellent coach and some young guys look very promising. I think they will be solid in both the run and pass game. Personally, I think the oline will be one of the strengths of the team. I can see a balanced offense attack that keeps defenses guessing. 

On a side note, I am going to keep a close eye on Torrence. He started out solid and I believe tailed off the latter part of the season. 

I really hope you're right because I think the OL was overrated last year and will be just okay this season. 

But I get your belief and Kromer and want to be wrong.

Edited by hondo in seattle
  • Like (+1) 1