How Is Rashee Rice Not Suspended Or On The Exempt List?

H2o

3 hours ago, Punching Bag said:

Studios suspend actors/actresses and other personnel.  

i.e. Cas Anvar in the Expanse, Jonathan Majors in Marvel movies and Actress Heard in Aquaman.

Ezra Miller as Flash.

He’s not suspended because he didn’t punch a woman or smoke a J- he just killed multiple people being a selfish, moronic, POS.  The NFL does not give a ***** if someone in general public is killed by a Chief.  Just don’t over inflate a football.

Edited by Pete
  • Dislike 1

On 8/30/2024 at 7:10 PM, Logic said:

It's simple. 

The NFL tends to let the legal process play out before imposing discipline.

The ONLY exception is domestic violence charges, which is what they got Zay Jones in. In these instances, the league tends to come down more harshly (ever since the Ray Rice incident gave the league such a black eye), and even when it doesn't outright suspend players, it often places them on the commissioner's exempt list while the league "investigates" the incident.

Rashee Rice's incident did not involve domestic violence, and it is unlikely to be resolved legally during this calendar year. As such, he avoids the commissioner's exempt list, and any discipline he faces from the league will likely not come until next season.

I'm not defending any of it, I'm just giving you the answer to your question and explaining the league's process.

Can you say Donte Stallworth ???

4 hours ago, Pete said:

He’s not suspended because he didn’t punch a woman or smoke a J- he just killed multiple people being a selfish, moronic, POS.  The NFL does not give a ***** if someone in general public is killed by a Chief.  Just don’t over inflate a football.

1 hour ago, T master said:

Can you say Donte Stallworth ???

I don’t believe anyone died. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/1/2024 at 8:48 PM, Billl said:

So the fan base of the team who cut Araiza is complaining that the league isn’t rushing to judgment?  This isn’t some heinous crime.  We don’t even know what he’s being accused of.  There is nothing to be gained from not waiting until the legal system sorts everything out.

There is video of the incident and he has publicly apologized for his actions.  Not only do we know what he was accused of, but we know what he did and we have no doubt about his guilt.  Thats a pretty unique fact set. 

Does Goodell really need to know the severity of public sentencing  to inform the length of Rice's suspension?

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Pete said:

He killed multiple people?

• Shocked 1

12 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

There is video of the incident and he has publicly apologized for his actions.  Not only do we know what he was accused of, but we know what he did and we have no doubt about his guilt.  Thats a pretty unique fact set. 

Does Goodell really need to know the severity of public sentencing  to inform the length of Rice's suspension?

Agree.  In this case, why delay it?  Does his punishment from the court weigh into punishment from the league?

2 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

I’m sure he’d like to know if Rice was impaired, had drugs in the car, the cars were stolen, etc. before making a decision. There is literally no reason not to. 

7 minutes ago, Billl said:

I’m sure he’d like to know if Rice was impaired, had drugs in the car, the cars were stolen, etc. before making a decision. There is literally no reason not to. 

As I mentioned, there was enough marijuana in the car to be charged with a misdemeanor.

• Like (+1) 1

It was only an accident your honor, the accelerator got stuck and I couldn't stop the car. I didn't leave the scene voluntarily either your honor. I hit my head hard and everything was just a blur from that point...

It hasn't gone to court yet, what can uncle Goodell do ?

24 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

It was only an accident your honor, the accelerator got stuck and I couldn't stop the car. 

He wasn't driving a Cybertruck, as far as I know.

I agree with other posters that the main reason he isn't suspended is because the legal process hasn't played out yet.  It's kind of a joke, but so is the NFL when it comes to fair and consistent suspensions. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Just saying...Donte Stallworth?? But why??

This guy that they are talking about they are asking why he hasn't had any discipline from the NFL as of yet And Stallworth was the one that only got like 30 days in jail for vehicular manslaughter and bought his way out of jail basically . So i was using that as a comparison meaning if he can get away with that pretty much scot free a speeding charge should mean nothing to Roger .

Did that help ?????

Edited by T master

5 hours ago, T master said:

This guy that they are talking about they are asking why he hasn't had any discipline from the NFL as of yet And Stallworth was the one that only got like 30 days in jail for vehicular manslaughter and bought his way out of jail basically . So i was using that as a comparison meaning if he can get away with that pretty much scot free a speeding charge should mean nothing to Roger .

Did that help ?????

He will likely be paying massive amount of money in damages to those hurt and laywers are recommending him to delay as long as possible to earn some money to pay it.  if he goes to jail he may not be able pay all of the damages. 

Understand legal process needs to play out some times. However the nfl usually automatically suspends anu player proved to act in away that is detremental to league. This young arrogant idiot admitted he was guilty. He litterly could of easily killed those inocent victims that were injured and vehicles totaled. He first caused a seriuos accident with RECKLESS ABANDOMENT of thought. Then FLED SCENE without checking on the people hurt. Should be at HOME