Dolphins extend McDaniels 4 years

Virgil

1 minute ago, H2o said:

You look at the construction of the rest of this roster, and you understand why they can't win. They paid $50M to an often concussed QB. They have two close to $30M WR's. They traded for and gave Bradley Chubb $110M w/ $54M gtd. They traded for Jalen Ramsey and just gave him $72M w/ $55M gtd. They paid the often injured Terron Armstead too much $$$. They have Jalen Phillips coming up on a contract. Jevon Holland will likely chase the $$$. Poyer has been worse than a JAG for them. The depth on that roster across the board is bad, except for at WR and RB. The OL is probably Bills 2018 bad, only Tua doesn't have 10% of Josh's athletic ability so he can run for his life. Ross and Grier created, then rewarded this mess. It's bad business all the way around. Maybe Flores was right? 

Dont stop, I'm almost there.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 20

47 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Not really. Their offensive scheme is severely limited by their lack of fundamentals and reliance on trickery and gimmicks and their QB. Punch them in the mouth and they fold like a cheap tent.

We are talking about the severely limited offense that was first in the NFL in yards and second in points?

14 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

We are talking about the severely limited offense that was first in the NFL in yards and second in points?

The Dolphins do an absolutely fantastic job of accumulating yards and points against the teams they are supposed to.  When their schedule got tougher and the games started to carry more weight their offense no longer looked like an offense that was 1st in yards and 2nd in points.

Not to mention that 70 point game against Denver was a massive boost to their stats.

Also this isn’t a total shot at the dolphins believe me there have been plenty of times when I wish the bills put up points and yards on the teams they are supposed to.  Not every team can do that.

41 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

The only thing that matters is the W-L column and the Dolphins are 8-10 in their last 18 games including the playoff game against the Chiefs.

The Dolphins rely on the moonball and the first read being wide open by 10 yards. Take those 2 things away and they are just another team. 

Mediocre or bad teams/defenses either can't do that or don't have the discipline and patience to do it all game. So they hold them down, hold them down, then get antsy for a big moment and blitz and BAM! 85 yard moonball to Tyreek and all that work to hold them down all game is undone. 

The great teams with great defenses have the patience and will not allow the moonball or the quick read, which throws the Dolphins off. Great teams can also score themselves, which puts even more pressure on the gimmick offense to hit a big play. 

the Jaguars totally choked or Miami would be 0-3. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

For sure, they're extremely top heavy team, GMs seat should definitely be very warm,  McDaniels will be safe til at least next year imo but they def seem to lack culture/leadership 

I said for the last 2 years, theirO reminds me of an arena football team, that'll only get you so far in the nfl before defenses figure you out. 

The 2 high safety look seems to be their cryptonite

So glad it is cryptonite not kryptonite - kryptonite so much easier to find and you can find cryptonite in any old grave.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I think it was a good decision on McDaniels.  He’s an offensive mind even though McD has his number.  They have to figure out the defense.  It was a mistake getting rid of Fangii so fast.

go read a fish forum, those fans will tell you what they think of McDaniels…who they now refer to as McDork.

10 minutes ago, ControllerOfPlanetX said:

go read a fish forum, those fans will tell you what they think of McDaniels…who they now refer to as McDork.

While it’s very fun to dance on the Dolphins, they can’t all suck.

They are a fundamentally flawed team, with a hurt QB1. 

Most teams in the NFL would look bad missing their guy at QB.

11 hours ago, ControllerOfPlanetX said:

Planet, I don’t go to others forums for a reason.  Let them vent.  We have enough goofballs rarely at times on our own board.  They have every right to share what they want, but why would I waste time on a Fish board.

13 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Planet, I don’t go to others forums for a reason.  Let them vent.  We have enough goofballs rarely at times on our own board.  They have every right to share what they want, but why would I waste time on a Fish board.

see your point..unfortunately it is the Schadenfreude in me, which is sinful.

I will tell you though…they really hate JA, but with respect.

On 9/23/2024 at 12:44 PM, H2o said:

The first game they won on a last-second FG.

Game two, well, we own the Phins. Josh is their daddy and they know it. We played that two high look and shut their WR's down. We got pressure on Tua, which is the formula to causing him make mistakes. Then he gets hurt. That pretty much ended Miami's season.

Tua is decent, but Tua is fragile. He made it through last year and they fell for it by giving him that huge contract. Pretty much everyone else, everyone with any sort of common sense on the outside, could so this being a sooner or later scenario. It just so happened to be sooner rather than later. Not too many teams are going to win with Skylar Thompson or Tim Boyle. 

You look at the construction of the rest of this roster, and you understand why they can't win. They paid $50M to an often concussed QB. They have two close to $30M WR's. They traded for and gave Bradley Chubb $110M w/ $54M gtd. They traded for Jalen Ramsey and just gave him $72M w/ $55M gtd. They paid the often injured Terron Armstead too much $$$. They have Jalen Phillips coming up on a contract. Jevon Holland will likely chase the $$$. Poyer has been worse than a JAG for them. The depth on that roster across the board is bad, except for at WR and RB. The OL is probably Bills 2018 bad, only Tua doesn't have 10% of Josh's athletic ability so he can run for his life. Ross and Grier created, then rewarded this mess. It's bad business all the way around. Maybe Flores was right? 

They blew the whole rebuild on that Bradley chubb trade imo…then really jumped the shark on the tua extension 

really haven’t outperformed what Flores was able to accomplish by much and Flores still had a ton of draft capital to spend when he was fired 

On 9/23/2024 at 12:46 PM, Matt_In_NH said:

I think he’s talking about limited in variety of what they can do to you.  Teams that can disrupt the timing on those quick throws don’t really have any trouble with that offense that has so much of a cap investment.  Seems like they very rarely cracked 20 points against winning teams which just isn’t good enough when your strength is offense…doesn’t even matter that they’re dropping 50+ against terrible teams