Dolphins extend McDaniels 4 years

Virgil

I don’t want to be an “I told you so…” dude but I wonder if the people who disagreed with me when I said it was a bad move have changed their tune.

Edited by Bruffalo

21 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

They extended everybody.  Ramsey waddle hill Tua and McDaniel and they can’t beat their boogie man.   This will not end well for them. They will have to slash and total rebuild with new coach GM etc.   then they will be cupcakes.  

Christian Wilkins (13th overall).

Robert Hunt (2nd rd).

Andrew Van Ginkel (5th rd).

Jerome Baker (3rd rd).

Brandon Jones (3rd rd).

Raekwon Davis (2nd rd).

All Miami draft picks that were allowed to walk instead of getting a 2nd contract while they threw more money at Ramsey and Hill, and extended a mid-tier QB.

It's like they got all those picks in the Tunsil trade and then threw them all away.

That is how you destroy a franchise.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Doc said:

They extended him for 4 years?  I wish it were longer...

I see what you did there

23 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

They extended everybody.  Ramsey waddle hill Tua and McDaniel and they can’t beat their boogie man.   This will not end well for them. They will have to slash and total rebuild with new coach GM etc.   then they will be cupcakes.  

Then they will be cupcakes?

They're cupcakes now.  When's the last time they beat a team with a winning record?

• Like (+1) 1

I think he is an example of why despite the league's undoubted pivot to offense not every good offensive mind and playcaller is suited to being a Head Coach. I say it all the time but when hiring a Head Coach for an NFL franchise the absolute #1 criteria for the job has to be their leadership ability. That sustains in the medium and longer term better than being a great Xs and Os guy. I respect the hell out of what McDaniel has done with Tua and that Miami offense. But I'm not sure I want him leading my franchise. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

15 minutes ago, BRH said:

I see what you did there

Then they will be cupcakes?

They're cupcakes now.  When's the last time they beat a team with a winning record?

Dallas last year,us in that heat stroke game, and that huge comeback against Baltimore the week before the heat stroke game are the only three I can remember since McDaniel has been there.  So since like mid September 2022 there’s only been one. All 3 of those wins were by 4 points or less 

they’ve gotta be like 3-14 now in those games 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

12 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

I don’t want to be an “I told you so…” dude but I wonder if the people who disagreed with me when I said it was a bad move have changed their tune.

I’ve always said he was among the brightest offensive minds in the league but that there were some questions about him as a HC.  

Tua’s injury aside, I didn’t think he coached a very good game last night and it was the latest example of his team not rising to the occasion versus top competition.  

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, JohnNord said:

I’ve always said he was among the brightest offensive minds in the league but that there were some questions about him as a HC.  

Tua’s injury aside, I didn’t think he coached a very good game last night and it was the latest example of his team not rising to the occasion versus top competition.  

He’s starting to feel closer to Chan Gailey now where he came up with a good system that worked for awhile but then got figured out and he can’t adjust.  

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Dallas last year,us in that heat stroke game, and that huge comeback against Baltimore the week before the heat stroke game are the only three I can remember since McDaniel has been there.  So since like mid September 2022 there’s only been one. All 3 of those wins were by 4 points or less 

Technically you are correct but both the Baltimore and Bills game were kind of early season flukes.  

The Cowboys team of last season had a winning record but was very much flawed as evidenced by their first round beat down by GB.  

I think the larger point is the team’s record against playoff teams is very bad. 

8 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Technically you are correct but both the Baltimore and Bills game were kind of early season flukes.  

The Cowboys team of last season had a winning record but was very much flawed as evidenced by their first round beat down by GB.  

I think the larger point is the team’s record against playoff teams is very bad. 

Oh yea I don’t disagree at all…I think they win those bills/ravens games like 10% of the time and it was just their lucky day 

even with those wins their record against good teams is pretty dismal they’ve gotta be like 1-11 since early 2022 

the only thing that’s kept them afloat is they don’t have a letdown against bad teams very often but last year they lost that titans game at the worst possible time 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

37 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Robert Hunt (2nd rd).

Jerome Baker (3rd rd).

Brandon Jones (3rd rd).

Raekwon Davis (2nd rd).

All Miami draft picks that were allowed to walk instead of getting a 2nd contract while they threw more money at Ramsey and Hill, and extended a mid-tier QB.

It's like they got all those picks in the Tunsil trade and then threw them all away.

My point was their cap is screwed which is true

• Like (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Robert Hunt (2nd rd).

Jerome Baker (3rd rd).

Brandon Jones (3rd rd).

Raekwon Davis (2nd rd).

Literally all their physical players who have buffalo problems. Howard was probably washed but he also made plays against buffalo. 

Jackson's an athletic lineman but he ain't physical. They extended him. 

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

From a purely wins/losses, playoff appearances standpoint he deserved the extension.  The guy is a fantastic offensive football mind.   That said, when the camera caught Hill and Waddle on the sideline laughing during the 4th quarter last night, it was a reflection of what's wrong with McDaniel and the Dolphins.    Cocky, sarcastic, aloof, and soft.     For a guy who seems to think he is the smartest guy in the room, his self-awareness is quite poor. 

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TFBillsfan said:

I was surprised by that drive as well but the vibes seemed to be they were very worried about another turnover as the Bills forced them to dink and dunk. If Tua tried to force anything, it would have resulted in an INT. 

I expected Poyer's inside knowledge and experience with defense would have helped them significantly on how offense should attack it but maybe they just do not have the weapons to consistently execute it.

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I've just watched his post game presser and given the shock over Tua maybe I should cut him some slack but at one point he said "I think about what if we'd won this game by 30, what would that mean?"

WTF is this dude taking?

Substitute 'think' with 'dream' and it makes more sense.  They have blown out a number of teams. Even in day game with full sun on Bills players the Phish did not demolish Bills that way and as been talked about in press and this board Bills rarely lose to a blowout under Coach McD.

12 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I've just watched his post game presser and given the shock over Tua maybe I should cut him some slack but at one point he said "I think about what if we'd won this game by 30, what would that mean?"

WTF is this dude taking?

I caught that presser.  It was excruciating to watch.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Oh for sure. I wasnt arguing or disagreeing with you, just expanding your point that they signed those big names, but at what cost.

Why are you arguing and disagreeing so much!?!!

• Haha (+1) 1