Dolphins extend McDaniels 4 years

Virgil

6 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

I watched the entire game last night as it was entertaining watching the dolphins implode.  

I'm not sure I've ever seen an nfl team so fundamentally broken.  The closest thing I can think of is the last few Rex Ryan games in Buffalo when he knew he was a goner and the team mailed it in.  

It goes way beyond Tua.  They commit stupid penalties, make stupid mistakes, show tangible signs of no effort.  Even not knowing the rules and situational awareness.  

You also now see signs of hill checking in and out as he pleases and tantrums are coming out.  Waiting for the other shoe to drop with him, Ramsey, and others.  

And it goes way beyond qb.  They have had a few weeks to recover, and the titans aren't a great opponent.  Tennessee lost their qb in the first quarter, their backup threw for 85 yards, and you can make a case Huntley outplayed him.  They still have all these top end playmakers and no ball movement at all.

They show McDaniel on the sidelines and he has a goofy look of purposeful stoicism.  I think if you painted an x on the field, he does not move from that spot at all.  To me it looks like awful body language, almost like he is above this and gives up.  He is showing zero energy, and i would be furious if I were associated with the dolphins from owner to fan.  There seems to be zero communication with players, and he doesnt seem to look anywhere but straight forward or at his play charts.  Meanwhile, you have Callahan on the other side up 2 touchdowns, running around ranting and raving, spiking head sets.  The team seems to have taken on McDaniel's personality in some way and its not good.  This experiment has failed.

McDaniel is the opposite of Flores which they thought was a good thing at first 😂. Kind of ironic really.  If they let Flores finish out that rebuild I bet he’d have that team contending 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

They show McDaniel on the sidelines and he has a goofy look of purposeful stoicism.  I think if you painted an x on the field, he does not move from that spot at all.  To me it looks like awful body language, almost like he is above this and gives up.  He is showing zero energy, and i would be furious if I were associated with the dolphins from owner to fan. 

What do you want him to do?  Wear a witty T-shirt, and do 'the Waddle'? 😁

6 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

Thats the most striking thing.  I know he isn't the most animated or demonstratively emotional guy out there, but since the first half of the Bills game he has turned into a statue.  He stands there, either with a blank look, looking down at his charts, or slightly shaking his head.  There seems to be zero engagement with players or anyone else.  Add in the hip clothing, haircut, etc and its a terrible look. 

This was a spot to maybe fire up the troops and inspire them.  A prime time home game against a bottom-3 team (with possibly the league's worst team coming up next week).  

Its almost like he is purposefully looking pathetic to make people feel sorry for him or see him as above this, etc.  The team's play follows suit.

Id be freaking out crawling out of my skin if I were a Dolphins fan right now.  And if I were the owner, Grier and McDaniel would be in my office through the night getting torn apart and told that this thing turns around this minute, no matter who the QB is.   

Tua being out is no excuse for the performances they are putting in.  

100%

Tua is not this all amazing QB that they simply can’t win without. The fact is since week 13 last year (45-15 win over commanders) and a 9-3 record. That have since gone 3 wins (Jets, Cowboys, Jags) and 7 losses (including the playoffs) and been out scored 164-254. Tua has missed two of those games

Its the coaching 

9 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

100%

Tua is not this all amazing QB that they simply can’t win without. The fact is since week 13 last year (45-15 win over commanders) and a 9-3 record. That have since gone 3 wins (Jets, Cowboys, Jags) and 7 losses (including the playoffs) and been out scored 164-254. Tua has missed two of those games

Its the coaching 

Coaching and front office I’d say…idk why they thought they could build around a guy that really can’t read a defense if his first option is taken away.  Such a bizarre decision

hes got that quick release that they want but the better defenses can force him to hold onto the ball so the whole team philosophy is completely broken  

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

5 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

Fish gotta clean house. Watch them hire belicheat and have him control everything 

Interesting. Especially with Brady being so tied to the Phins in the recent past.

They are heading towards the "bring in 'experienced' HC as President of Football Operations" phase of sucking.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

Fish gotta clean house. Watch them hire belicheat and have him control everything 

Perfect way to destroy the team.  Hopefully this time there will be criminal charges filed.

10 hours ago, Breakout Squad said:

McDaniel showed zero emotion or even motion on the sidelines last night. Nothing about him shows leadership or ability to lead men. 

He looks like a person who is out of ideas.  He doesn't have any more motivational buttons to push.  His gimmicky offense (that relied heavily on illegal motion) has been figured out to a large extent.  He doesn't have a solution.  When he says stuff like "everything is on the table".  What?  What is on the table? You aren't going to reinstall a completely different offense right now.  You clearly can't push the correct buttons to get the players to play, and haven't been able to back into last season. Your roster is built to run your BS offense and you're stuck with it.

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

So did the Dolphins not want Mike White? Very confusing why his name never really entered the conversation.

Maybe Mike White is smart and told them to pound sand.

4 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Interesting. Especially with Brady being so tied to the Phins in the recent past.

They are heading towards the "bring in 'experienced' HC as President of Football Operations" phase of sucking.

Man that'd be great. Belichick drafts like Helen Keller throws darts.

• Haha (+1) 3

9 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Coaching and front office I’d say…idk why they thought they could build around a guy that really can’t read a defense if his first option is taken away.  Such a bizarre decision

hes got that quick release that they want but the better defenses can force him to hold onto the ball so the whole team philosophy is completely broken  

The Dolphins put themselves in a bad spot with Tua this summer.

Given his injury history and decline late last season, I think it’s fair to believe they’d prefer  to wait a season.

But the team kind of decided to go “all in” again this season and Tua had the leverage, so they crossed their fingers and pulled the trigger.

7 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Belichick is talking to the jags.  You heard it here first.  Started talking to them before the bills game.  Pretty good source on this one.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Belichick is talking to the jags.  You heard it here first.  Started talking to them before the bills game.  Pretty good source on this one.  

That is a Jags like move. Splashy HC hire followed by suckitude. Urban. Doug. Bill. 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

That is a Jags like move. Splashy HC hire followed by suckitude. Urban. Doug. Bill. 

I think it's dumb, too, especially given the timing.  (Two weeks into the season??)  But the sourcing is impeccable on this one.  

17 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

I think it's dumb, too, especially given the timing.  (Two weeks into the season??)  But the sourcing is impeccable on this one.  

Do they go by the nickname “Scooby”?  Perhaps drive a BMW?

• Haha (+1) 2

9 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

I buy that. That team has plenty of talent. BB is a guy to take them over the top

30 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Nope.  Take it or leave it, this one is rock solid. 

Just curious, would it be an in season move or post season?