Dolphins extend McDaniels 4 years

Virgil

42 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Sounds like my kid when I tell them I got a call from the school and ask if there's something they want to tell me about before we talk.

This dude really tries to say the trades the Bills and Jets made help Miami be a better team. 

Well wtf do you expect him to say?  

Def not a Miami fan, but their coach isn’t the issue imo. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

I kind of disagree. I think he is one of their many issues. 

As for what he could’ve said, how about something like this: “Yeah, those are two good players the Bills and Jets got. That said, we’re confident in the guys we have, and we look forward to playing them both again.  Next question?”

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

I reasonably brave coach could say "Our franchise QB is indefinitely out. We aren't going to burn assets on a rental if we are so underwater that miss the playoffs anyway. Evaluating our younger players seems like a better use of our time, money and picks" 

Because if the Phins are likely to do that is Tua comes back later 

57 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

"I don't really comment on other teams personal moves. I'm just trying to get the guys on my roster ready." Something a long those lines. Not "It makes us better". That's idiotic. 

And yes, their coach is an issue. Their GM is the bigger issue. Their owner may be the biggest issue of all. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

"I don't really comment on other teams personal moves. I'm just trying to get the guys on my roster ready." Something a long those lines. Not "It makes us better". That's idiotic. 

And yes, their coach is an issue. Their GM is the bigger issue. Their owner may be the biggest issue of all. 

Nailed it. I have a handful of Dolphins fans near me down here, and they all agree with that list. Ross is the biggest problem, GM is the other big problem. It's likely Ross isnt going anywhere, so they're stuck wishing for a new GM. But they also know that given the track record, Ross doesnt have the ability to identify/hire the right guys (and us Bills fans know that cycle all too well).

Love to see it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Blackbeard said:

He isn't the biggest issue. But he is a part of it. When you struggle to compete with playoff teams, have late season collapses two years in a row, go through 3 defensive coordinators in 3 years... some of it is on the Head Coach. I'm just not sure he is HC material. He is a really good offensive coach. But you need more than that.

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

He isn't the biggest issue. But he is a part of it. When you struggle to compete with playoff teams, have late season collapses two years in a row, go through 3 defensive coordinators in 3 years... some of it is on the Head Coach. I'm just not sure he is HC material. He is a really good offensive coach. But you need more than that.

He's also limited by the quality and production of his personnel.  Just like every other coach in the NFL.

You have ***** employees, expect ***** results.  It's that simple.  Sure, maybe you can squeeze a little better performance out of them, but it is what it is.

2 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

He's also limited by the quality and production of his personnel.  Just like every other coach in the NFL.

You have ***** employees, expect ***** results.  It's that simple.  Sure, maybe you can squeeze a little better performance out of them, but it is what it is.

Yes, but there are elements that are on him. They didn't lose to Tennessee to blow the division seed last year when in poll position because Tennessee were more talented for example. He is a good Xs and Os coach on offense. But he struggles to lead and he hasn't been able to get the D right at any stage despite a lot of resources being poured into it.

4 hours ago, Blackbeard said:

Wait......what?!?

He is a part of their issues. Miami has talent on that roster, there's no doubt about that, however, if the HC can't lead these guys every week, then that talent is wasted, which is what's happening with the Fins these days.

They are imploding.

The owner......the GM.....the HC......in that order, so he's about 33.3% the issue.

• Like (+1) 1