Blue Jackets Johnny Gaudreau and brother Matthew dead in bike accident

BillsFanNC

• BillsFanNC changed the title to Blue Jackets Johnny Gaudreau and brother Matthew dead in bike accident

Apparently someone hit them with a car while they were riding bikes in NJ, the day before they were supposed to be in their sisters weddings, just awful.... RIP

Edited by Bray Wyatt
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

This is why I refuse to ride a bike on the right side of the road that does not have bike lanes.  

Yea, I have trained for several Tri’s , and had many close calls, especially on more rural roads. Have no idea what type of road this happened on, but I swore off bike  training by myself about a decade ago. Only in larger groups now  out where we do not affect traffic. 

May peace find his family at some point.  

Wow! So sad... RIP...

Here's the breakdown.  The guy was gonna pass left in the oncoming lane, but vehicle ahead of him moved left to avoid bikes... The jerk then went right and plowed into the bikes.  There's gotta be a special place in hell for jerks like this guy!

"John Gaudreau, 31, and Matthew Gaudreau, 29, were riding their bikes north on County Route 551 in Oldmans Township on Thursday at 8:19 p.m. At the same time, Sean Higgins, 43, of Woodstown, New Jersey, was driving a Jeep Grand Cherokee north on County Route 551, according to investigators.

Higgins tried to pass two vehicles ahead of him and entered the southbound lanes, police said. An SUV in front of Higgins moved to the middle of the roadway, splitting the north and south lanes in order to safely pass the Gaudreau brothers as they rode they their bikes on the right side of the road, according to investigators."

😔😟 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, djp14150 said:

This is why I refuse to ride a bike on the right side of the road that does not have bike lanes.  

The way people are on their phones scrolling and texting while driving, I don't trust those either. 

• Agree 3

Horrible story.  When I read stuff like this I’m reminded life as precious no matter how much it can feel like it sucks at times.

And yeah Jersey drivers are the worst.  

2 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Wow! So sad... RIP...

Here's the breakdown.  The guy was gonna pass left in the oncoming lane, but vehicle ahead of him moved left to avoid bikes... The jerk then went right and plowed into the bikes.  There's gotta be a special place in hell for jerks like this guy!

"John Gaudreau, 31, and Matthew Gaudreau, 29, were riding their bikes north on County Route 551 in Oldmans Township on Thursday at 8:19 p.m. At the same time, Sean Higgins, 43, of Woodstown, New Jersey, was driving a Jeep Grand Cherokee north on County Route 551, according to investigators.

Higgins tried to pass two vehicles ahead of him and entered the southbound lanes, police said. An SUV in front of Higgins moved to the middle of the roadway, splitting the north and south lanes in order to safely pass the Gaudreau brothers as they rode they their bikes on the right side of the road, according to investigators."

😔😟 

I mean assuming this guy Sean has some decency in him he’s got to live with himself the rest of his life.

That should be punishment enough.  

• Like (+1) 1