Jessica Pegula US Open interview

djp14150

20 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

I wish she would wear some Bills gear or at least say "Go Bills" occasionally. Perhaps she is really intent on not linking herself to her dad as a Bills owner 

Are you being sarcastic? She's constantly bringing up the bills.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Third. Definitely at least second. One more win, she is #1. 

Patrick Kane is #1. Jimmy Arias was pretty good too. 

Just now, Process said:

Are you being sarcastic? She's constantly bringing up the bills.

She represents the Bills well. I've heard her on several occasions giving them their props. 

• Like (+1) 4

21 hours ago, Chaos said:

Third. Definitely at least second. One more win, she is #1. 

Well no offense but she certainly doesn't have as many fans as the bills and sabres 

And she definitely was not raised in Buffalo even if she was in Western New York Pennsylvania area 

She's not  a local to the level andreeson is

( It's funny all the eye rolls I'm getting, but let's just break this down... Terry pegula is not born and raised Buffalo... His wife is Rochester... Terry never lived in Buffalo and she wasn't raised here... She lived in Pennsylvania Carolina and Florida... Sure she reps the Buffalo bills who her father owns but she is not really a local like the gronkowskis or andreeson or Kane.. she didn't spend any of her early life in Buffalo

Best of luck to her and her career! I just think it's crazy to put her on any level as the bills or sabres which have 50 plus years of history in Buffalo 

Before Terry bought the sabres he didn't invest in Buffalo, he wasn't tied to Buffalo 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Eyeroll 4

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

I’m not sure parents owning a business makes you a Buffalonian.

If that’s the case then she is a Pennsylvanian as her parents owned a business there for far longer.

Thank you for clarifying for me 

57 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

She represents the Bills well. I've heard her on several occasions giving them their props. 

Bob Lanier says hold my beer. Well, he would if he were still with us. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

Back when i was 12 or so, i took tennis lessons at a place off Sheridan Dr. , I think it was called Amherst Tennis club?!  anyway, Jimmy Arias showed up and just kicked me and the instructor off the court.  He was in his heyday and i was a fan.  But he was such a douche i hated him after that lol. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Back when i was 12 or so, i took tennis lessons at a place off Sheridan Dr. , I think it was called Amherst Tennis club?!  anyway, Jimmy Arias showed up and just kicked me and the instructor off the court.  He was in his heyday and i was a fan.  But he was such a douche i hated him after that lol. 

When I was a kid one of my friends had Jimmy Arias's racket from when he was like 12 yrs old.  At the time being young kids we thought it was going to be worth a fortune.  I see the guy like every 10 yrs and every time that's the first thing we talk about (he still has it) 

My brother lives in sarasota and for a while his son was on teams with Arias's kid and he got to know him a bit - didn't ever say he was a douche though 😛

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Good story.  I guess it's hard for some to stay humble when they become a star sort of speak. 

26 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Bob Lanier says hold my beer. Well, he would if he were still with us. 

Forgot about him. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Jimmy Arias still does commentary on Tennis Channel from time to time. He definitely comes off as a bit of a douche, but he is not afraid to call out a player's weaknesses and his knowledge is impressive.

• Like (+1) 1