Jessica Pegula US Open interview

djp14150

11 minutes ago, Augie said:

Are you mad at her for being successful? She never said she was poor, she was just squelching the kind of people who think she lives on a mega yacht. 

Exactly. She is a pro and earned her status. As for that Yacht of Terry’s, it is definitely quite a sight. I spent some time in the Caribbean last winter and the “ Top Five” happened to be in the bay of the Island I was staying on. It was probably there for around a month. 

1 minute ago, jkeerie said:

Actually it was pretty good... especially the final USC drive for the win.  I'm not a fan of Brian Kelly so I was glad USC won.  The WRs in that game were outstanding.

Actually it was pretty good... especially the final USC drive for the win.  I'm not a fan of Brian Kelly so I was glad USC won.  The WRs in that game were outstanding.

I was joshing you there. 

I heard it was great, but my provider screwed me out of it. 

1 hour ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

0507eb4e799f4b400c3552d1ef7f2ab8

'No, I don't have a butler', says billionaire's daughter Pegula

Jessica Pegula says she finds it "annoying" and "outrageous" that fans believe she has servants waiting on her hand and foot just because her father is a multi-billionaire sports mogul.

American star Pegula is an accomplished professional tennis player in her own right and on Monday showed off her credentials by reaching the quarter-finals of the US Open.

However, the 30-year-old has found it almost impossible to separate her fortunes from those of father Terry Pegula who owns the Buffalo Bills NFL team as well as the NHL's Buffalo Sabres.

She has maximized her talent and done quite well on the courts. I give her kudos.

I had purchased tickets to the Sunday night session several weeks back. Leading up to that night, I was fervently hoping for a Pegula and Tiafoe double bill but only one of them turned out to be scheduled advantageusly (for me). Tiafoe's game was quite entertaining and the crowd was loud in his support. If JP had played the second game, my vocal cords would have taken weeks to recover. 

Anyone who plays to the best of her capabilities deserves major kudos as JP does. 

Edited by Fan in Chicago
  • Like (+1) 5

20 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

She has maximized her talent and done quite well on the courts. I give her kudos.

I had purchased tickets to the Sunday night session several weeks back. Leading up to that night, I was fervently hoping for a Pegula and Tiafoe double bill but only one of them turned out to be scheduled advantageusly (for me). Tiafoe's game was quite entertaining and the crowd was loud in his support. If JP had played the second game, my vocal cords would have taken weeks to recover. 

Anyone who plays to the best of her capabilities deserves major kudos as JP does. 

I heard Tiafoe and Jess are friends and sometimes hit with each other

32 minutes ago, Augie said:

I was joshing you there. 

I heard it was great, but my provider screwed me out of it. 

I hear ya.  I hate these provider wars.  Hopefully it ends soon and you get to watch what you want when you want it.

3 hours ago, jkeerie said:

You should be hopeful DTV gets a package like Spectrum got.  This happened a year ago at the beginning of NCAAF and I was p'od.  But now I get free Disney plus and free ESPN plus and my rates weren't badly impacted.

They just gave you ESPN+ at no cost? 

28 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

They just gave you ESPN+ at no cost? 

Yep.  If you choose the Select package, you get Disney +, and with Select Plus you also get ESPN+ for free.  And now they're giving away Paramount+ with Showtime (which was already part of my package along with HBO).  This was part of Charter Spectrum 's negotiations.  They want to add more value to their customers with all the options people now have with streaming services.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 8/30/2024 at 2:54 PM, ProcessTruster said:

Great career /. Did it all on her own.  came up from nothing through the merciless "what have you done for me lately" world of pro tennis rankings.   all the kudos in the world to her.   f all the detractors.   winning majors and super bowls does not define a career or a team.  thats folks letting the sports media click baiters tell them what to value. 

I've never been #6 in my neighborhood at anything.  She's currently #6 in the world and has been ranked as high as #3.  Impressive.  

I would love to see her win a Grand Slam event though, especially the US Open, just because I think she feels that would make her career complete. 

She clearly has the talent.  But each Grand Slam invites the 128 best (more or less) tennis players in the world to compete.  It's quite a gautlet to get to the trophy.   She's got three more matches to go - against players who are all playing great tennis right now.  I'm rooting for her.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

On 9/2/2024 at 7:42 PM, hondo in seattle said:

But because she's a Buffalonian

That’s an interesting question. Do you all consider her a Buffalonian? From what I understand she was born in Buffalo but spent that vast majority of her life in Pennsylvania and Florida. 

9 minutes ago, Einstein said:

That’s an interesting question. Do you all consider her a Buffalonian? From what I understand she was born in Buffalo but spent that vast majority of her life in Pennsylvania and Florida.

I would say she has a deep connection to Buffalo

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Screw Simone "I'm a big fan of Iga - I'm here to watch her" Biles.  Momentum changed after that annoying useless mindless interview

Edited by stevewin

6 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Yes, born in Buffalo, and her parents own the Bills and Sabres.

I’m not sure parents owning a business makes you a Buffalonian.

If that’s the case then she is a Pennsylvanian as her parents owned a business there for far longer.

Just now, Einstein said:

I’m not sure parents owning a business makes you a Buffalonian.

If that’s the case then she is a Pennsylvanian as her parents owned a business there for far longer.

Like you said and I reiterated, she was also born in Buffalo.  Beyond those elements, openly supports the Bills too.  She’s a Buffalonian in my book.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1