Jessica Pegula US Open interview

djp14150

57 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Congrats to Jessica !!

Another win and she now advances to the quarter finals !

Onto either Iga Swiatek or Liudmila Samsonova next.  Either the #1 in the world or the #13.   But she's beaten both before.

• Like (+1) 2

So, my DTV Streaming is apparently having one of those little contract snits with anything Disney. That means no ESPN/ABC or US Open. I learned this as I tried to tune in to see Jess play at noon.  I went to a local bar to watch and have a beef on weck. They don’t have Disney either so no tennis, and they just sold the last roll of weck. I struck out. 😢 

People here are more worried about maybe missing FSU tonight. College football rules here. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Augie said:

So, my DTV Streaming is apparently having one of those little contract snits with anything Disney. That means no ESPN/ABC or US Open. I learned this as I tried to tune in to see Jess play at noon.  I went to a local bar to watch and have a beef on weck. They don’t have Disney either so no tennis, and they just sold the last roll of weck. I struck out. 😢 

People here are more worried about maybe missing FSU tonight. College football rules here. 

You should be hopeful DTV gets a package like Spectrum got.  This happened a year ago at the beginning of NCAAF and I was p'od.  But now I get free Disney plus and free ESPN plus and my rates weren't badly impacted.

• Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Augie said:

DTV Satellite same BS. We didn't lose ABC, must be only ABC owned stations

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

DTV Satellite same BS. We didn't lose ABC, must be only ABC owned stations

Good to know. I was busy and never bothered trying to switch over (several exhausting clicks of multiple controls) but I wondered if I had a safety net. 

0507eb4e799f4b400c3552d1ef7f2ab8

'No, I don't have a butler', says billionaire's daughter Pegula

Jessica Pegula says she finds it "annoying" and "outrageous" that fans believe she has servants waiting on her hand and foot just because her father is a multi-billionaire sports mogul.

American star Pegula is an accomplished professional tennis player in her own right and on Monday showed off her credentials by reaching the quarter-finals of the US Open.

However, the 30-year-old has found it almost impossible to separate her fortunes from those of father Terry Pegula who owns the Buffalo Bills NFL team as well as the NHL's Buffalo Sabres.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

Good to know. I was busy and never bothered trying to switch over (several exhausting clicks of multiple controls) but I wondered if I had a safety net. 

USC vs LSU was on ABC last night. Just looked at guide and no football on ABC tonight, regular garbage

Edited by Mike in Horseheads

1 minute ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

USC vs LSU was on ABC

I hear that game sucked.  Ugh 

Stuff like this pisses me off. I stopped watching NBC Nightly News after they did this contract stuff last time. Sorry Lester. 

Just now, Augie said:

I hear that game sucked.  Ugh 

Stuff like this pisses me off. I stopped watching NBC Nightly News after they did this contract stuff last time. Sorry Lester. 

Nexstar owns our Elmira NBC station, it was off the air for weeks a few years ago. Such BS,  too many hills around here to use a TV antenna

12 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

0507eb4e799f4b400c3552d1ef7f2ab8

'No, I don't have a butler', says billionaire's daughter Pegula

Jessica Pegula says she finds it "annoying" and "outrageous" that fans believe she has servants waiting on her hand and foot just because her father is a multi-billionaire sports mogul.

American star Pegula is an accomplished professional tennis player in her own right and on Monday showed off her credentials by reaching the quarter-finals of the US Open.

However, the 30-year-old has found it almost impossible to separate her fortunes from those of father Terry Pegula who owns the Buffalo Bills NFL team as well as the NHL's Buffalo Sabres.

Yeah, she's only made 14 million dollars. Pauper.

1 hour ago, BillsPride12 said:

Never thought I would become a Women's tennis fan...but here we are!  I enjoy watching Jessica's matches in the big tourneys and get pretty into it.  I was golfing today so I missed today's match unfortunately.  Do we know when she plays next? 

Pretty much the only sport I watch any more is football.  And mostly just the Bills.

But because she's a Buffalonian, a Bills fan, the owner's daughter, and seemingly a nice lady - I do watch Jess from time to time.

• Like (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Yeah, she's only made 14 million dollars. Pauper.

Are you mad at her for being successful? She never said she was poor, she was just squelching the kind of people who think she lives on a mega yacht. 

• Like (+1) 4