Jessica Pegula US Open interview

djp14150

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

It’s hard to believe there has been no mention of Pegula significant personal burden with her mom…yet we have to hear about this woman’s piker gangster boyfriend who was tossed off a Miami balcony.  Boooooo F’ing hoooo

Yeah. We heard about every Olympian’s brother or mom or cousin who had cancer for two weeks and I’ve watched several of Jess’s matches this fortnight and nothing.

Sabalenka was dating another dude the NEXT WEEK. That’s coooold.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Why does this other lady moan after every hit? Even after the ball is long gone she’ll do it, so it isn’t like when she’s hitting the ball. Seems like a distraction technique to me.

Its a breathing technique for people who naturally hold their breath when giving force.  Its why you hear boxers and MMA fighters do it too.

Holding your breath exhausts you.

30 minutes ago, UConn James said:

Yeah. We heard about every Olympian’s brother or mom or cousin who had cancer for two weeks and I’ve watched several of Jess’s matches this fortnight and nothing.

Sabalenka was dating another dude the NEXT WEEK. That’s coooold.

Pegula never brought it up either.  She’s a tough lady.

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Sabalenkas people are dirty gypsie

They really all looked like Russian mob. She’s  from white Russia (Belarus) and has no flag…

Jess is humble and well spoken. After seeing her more lately….I like her a lot. Also, seeing her personality tells you a lot about her mom and dad. 

• Like (+1) 6

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

It’s hard to believe there has been no mention of Pegula significant personal burden with her mom…yet we have to hear about this woman’s piker gangster boyfriend who was tossed off a Miami balcony.  Boooooo F’ing hoooo

I think Jess and the family would prefer it that way. I was in a bar with no sound, but I can’t let that brother me. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

They really all looked like Russian mob. She’s  from white Russia (Belarus) and has no flag…

Jess is humble and well spoken. After seeing her more lately….I like her a lot. Also, seeing her personality tells you a lot about her mom and dad. 

yes she’s very stoic.

i have to say, after the Russian said that she was heading to the bar over the until “see you tomorrow”….she grew on me 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

I think Jess and the family would prefer it that way. I was in a bar with no sound, buy I can’t let that brother me. 

Yes.  It's very personal and private for them.  I respect their wishes.

Also, glad Jessica didn't say anything "Bills" related.  It was her accomplishments.

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

Here's a fun story regarding this point...in 2017 UFC came to Buffalo and they own the Harborcenter complex across the street from the arena.  There was an after party at the bar over there and even some of the fighters were hanging out afterwards.  It was super busy and you could tell the bar staff was overwhelmed.  This had to be around 1am and Kim was there and was actually cleaning up or "bussing" the bar area if you will for quite awhile.  And I don't mean just doing a token appearance and cleaning a couple things for show, I mean she was really busting her ass.  That told me all I ever needed to know about her character.

I do think they have made some mistakes as sports owners but I think their intentions are good with the teams and I do think they are good people.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Yes.  It's very personal and private for them.  I respect their wishes.

Also, glad Jessica didn't say anything "Bills" related.  It was her accomplishments.

I don’t recall the exact wording, but I have a sneaky feeling she was baited into those Bills comments a couple rounds ago, but that was all in good fun. No problems there. I didn’t have sound at the bar, but she is a person I trust in front of a camera. It’s hard not to like and appreciate her. She has a lot of her mom in her, and that’s an awesome thing. 

Edited by Augie
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

I don’t recall the exact wording, but I have a sneaky feeling she was baited into those Bills comments a couple rounds ago, but that was all in good fun. No problems there. I didn’t have sound at the bar, but she is a person I trust in front of a camera. It’s hard not to like and appreciate. She has a lot of her mom in her, and that’s an awesome thing. 

She did mention that her dad and mom were both in attendance.  That was good to hear. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Agree. Not appropriate either in the us open podium. You also may have noticed, Kim and Terry are the quietest $7.7B I’ve seen! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

What a match I was routing for Jess the entire way i thought when she won the 5 matches in a row it was her championship to lose . I think she will be back and grab one before she retires . 

What a match I was routing for Jess the entire way i thought when she won the 5 matches in a row it was her championship to lose . I think she will be back and grab one before she retires . 

5 minutes ago, T master said:

I believed you the first time!!

• Haha (+1) 2