Jessica Pegula US Open interview

djp14150

Just now, hondo in seattle said:

Comparing her to Garrett Gilbert is a stretch.  Jess wasn't just born here.  Her family owns Buffalo's major sport franchises.  With her sister, Jess chose to open a restaurant in Buffalo because she's still tied to the area.  

As far as I know, Garret hasn't had on ongoing relationship with the city.  Jess has, and still does.  

Garret has an one night stand with the city.  Jess has a marriage. 

I have already submitted and I will agree with you guys 

They have embraced the city and the city embraced them

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JP51 said:

She also defines her hometown as Buffalo. That has to count for something if she herself defines herself from here. 

She likely could get more endorsements if she identified as being from someplace else as well as move to state with no income tax to save on that.

Do tennis players pay income tax where they play like football players do?

13 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I have already submitted and I will agree with you guys 

They have embraced the city and the city embraced them

I don't think agreeing is allowed.  We fight to the death over inconsequential stuff here.  I think that's a rule.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

I don't think agreeing is allowed.  We fight to the death over inconsequential stuff here.  I think that's a rule.

TBD tag team wrestling match!

Boiler room brawl!

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Haha (+1) 1

These comments about what makes a Buffalonian? WTH. Me and my family say “western ny”  wife, kids, me, scattered our time between various upstate counties. who gives shlt if Fairport, Olean!! It’s still WNY

jess literally says “Buffalo”

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Punching Bag said:

She likely could get more endorsements if she identified as being from someplace else as well as move to state with no income tax to save on that.

Do tennis players pay income tax where they play like football players do?

Good question lol no clue I have to suspect that they pay tax on where they earn their money but I am no accountant 

jessica-pegula-us-open-e1725642717958.jp

https://nypost.com/2024/09/07/betting/us-open-final-prediction-pegula-vs-sabalenka-picks-odds/

One of Pegula’s strengths is her fearlessness to employ different strategies. Against Świątek, she constantly hit into her body, making her opponent’s return shot even more difficult.

In both matches, Pegula was comfortable engaging in long rallies, while waiting for her opponent to make the first mistake.

This strategy underscores her confidence in her recent form, which could undoubtedly be pivotal against a hard-hitter like Sabalenka.