Jessica Pegula US Open interview

djp14150

Tough to beat someone i’ve heard called the Beast of Belarus.  

Oh well. hope her window for a major hasn’t closed.  The Tennis channel or whatever made it seem like Jess Pegula is ancient and no one 30 and over comes out and wins their first major.

• Like (+1) 1

Hell of an effort by Jess. Sabalenka is just too good. When she is on her game she is very tough to beat. The difference in power is drastic. 

Unfortunately at 30yo, that likely was her best shot at winning a slam. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

It’s hard to believe there has been no mention of Pegula significant personal burden with her mom…yet we have to hear about this woman’s piker gangster boyfriend who was tossed off a Miami balcony.  Boooooo F’ing hoooo

• Like (+1) 1

Nice comeback to get back in the match by Jess, but it’s just so hard to stick with someone who serves in the 120s. Sabalenka’s serve speed is higher than a lot of men’s.

Given the Russian (& Belarusian, not much of a distinction) state-sponsored doping program that has barred them from numerous Olympics, it wouldn’t surprise me if Sabalenka was roided up 💉 when she was young/er. 

25 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Why does this other lady moan after every hit? Even after the ball is long gone she’ll do it, so it isn’t like when she’s hitting the ball. Seems like a distraction technique to me.

Definitely. A lot of the Russian gals do the screaming bit on every hit. Sharapova used to be the worst until they started threatening her with disqualification, before she was caught… doping.

Edited by UConn James