Arlington Cemetery a clear eyed examination

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

Right, you guys always know what he's saying (or not saying). :rolleyes:

And why would I need to make plans if Trump were to somehow lose the election (he's not going to)?

The concentration er I mean the re-education camps....

• Vomit 1

1 hour ago, Starr-Bills said:

What’s not amusing is your fealty to defend the old one ear felon, rapist, pedo, A fake of fakes who has failed at everything he has ever done, lies (about this event, I mean what story are we on now, 3 or 4 or 5) like water flows, would sell his mother, put his first wife in an unkept plot on his golf course, where over 40 of his cabinet members are against him, imports his wives, cheats on all of them, but somehow I have the derangement syndrome? 

Excuses always with excuses for a “successful “billionaire””

Not at being president…👍

15 minutes ago, sherpa said:

It is impossible for me to imagine anyone less respected by the US military than a San Francisco Democrat, and specifically Harris.

Worse than a person who calls them suckers and losers? 

Come on! 

6 hours ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

Tibs the fact that you are so impressed by bureaucracy is crazy and pathetic. We know what happened, Trump broke a rule by not having bureaucrat rubber stamp what he did. I care that he was invited by the families, I don't care what hoops he did not jump through.

This wasn't an oopsie.  There was no bureaucratic "rubber stamp".  Using Section 60 for political campaigns is illegal.  There are not hoops to jump through to make it okay.  This was made clear before and when he showed up.  Nobody is criticizing him for going.  He is deservedly being criticized for producing and issuing campaign adds off of this.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Scraps said:

This wasn't an oopsie.  There was no bureaucratic "rubber stamp".  Using Section 60 for political campaigns is illegal.  There are not hoops to jump through to make it okay.  This was made clear before and when he showed up.  Nobody is criticizing him for going.  He is deservedly being criticized for producing and issuing campaign adds off of this.

Not to mention doing it in a crass way. A thumbs up over the grave of a dead American GI? Just terrible 

5 minutes ago, Scraps said:

He was there for the families of dead soldiers, Biden has pictures from Arlington used in campaign pictures, but I am not surprised you would dismiss the families wishes so that Biden looks better for completely forgetting them. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

He was there for the families of dead soldiers, Biden has pictures from Arlington used in campaign pictures, but I am not surprised you would dismiss the families wishes so that Biden looks better for completely forgetting them. 

I have no problems with the families inviting him.  They do not however get to decide Arlington National Cemetery policy.  I expect them to follow the rules just like the rest of us.

12 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Not to mention doing it in a crass way. A thumbs up over the grave of a dead American GI? Just terrible 

Like, OMG!!  Did you see his tie??  It was so offensive!  I know the family asked him for the photo, but still...I had to join a group after seeing that photo.  You should try it.  This is what we did:

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Truth hurts 

i have quite a few friends over the years who are very well associated with the military.

Folks from junior enlisted who I served with, to a couple who I could name who served as Commanders in Chief of the Pacific Fleet.

You don't know the truth.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, sherpa said:

i have quite a few friends over the years who are very well associated with the military.

Folks from junior enlisted who I served with, to a couple who I could name who served as Commanders in Chief of the Pacific Fleet.

Excusing Trump by saying his opponent is from San Francisco is really weak sauce. She is serious about the job and Trump isn't. He looks down on soldiers. She is someone who will want to do well by the military because she just wants to do a good job for herself, and thereby the country. 

Trump just doesn't care. Why excuse a guy who thinks soldiers are suckers and losers, who uses there deaths, in violation of the law!, for political videos and a cheap political stunt (Harris skipped the event!) and also says his presidential medal his more prestigious than the Congressional Medal of Honor?  Wake up, the guy is a clown 

• Eyeroll 1

4 hours ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

Those arguing about this is why maga is stupid and no one respects or listens to them. The families wanted him there that’s great. It’s not up to them if he can take campaign photos tho. It’s too bad for him and you. And to shove a cemetery worker around? This kind of stuff could only happen with trump and his supporters involved. It is pathetic to even defend him. You and I could not get away with this stuff at our places of employment! You guys just make pathetic excuses for him. Bunch of sorry asses.

2 hours ago, sherpa said:

Are you serious with this *****? “I know people you don’t” LOL pathetic!

Edited by 4th&long
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

4 hours ago, sherpa said:

It is impossible for me to imagine anyone less respected by the US military than a San Francisco Democrat, and specifically Harris.

Can’t be worse than then a NYC liberal who flipped to republican, specifically the old one ear felon.