Arlington Cemetery a clear eyed examination

7 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

trump using the service for a photo op or your guy lying for years that he was in combat when he never went.  whats worse?

but what about but what about but what about but what about but what about but what about but what about 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

A simple apology from Trump is all that is needed for him to demonstrate his respect for our veterans. We all know we will never see that though, since he can do no wrong. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

trump using the service for a photo op or your guy lying for years that he was in combat when he never went.  whats worse?

Deflection.

Both are bad.  One doesn't Excuse the other.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

It’s a pretty simple concept really. There is a federal law against what trumps campaign did. Trump claims to be for law and order. Then obey the law, it’s that simple. Trump is incapable of that and his supporters approve of that. Maga is dead.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

It speaks well of a campaign when they can't even stage manage a patriotic photo op.

That would require planning and discipline, and besides, Trump has pivoted from this to telling the world how...pro-choice he is? 

These are the same guys who did the Four Seasons Total Landscaping interview, remember 

39 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

A simple apology from Trump is all that is needed for him to demonstrate his respect for our veterans. We all know we will never see that though, since he can do no wrong. 

Whether this played out as alleged is hard to say.  However, he took the time to go to the cemetery, meet with the family of fallen soldiers and apparently honored their wish for a photograph.  While apologies may be in order here—I’m not certain a candidate or president could show more respect.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

I am sure someone can explain why these are ok but Trump is the problem. 

I'm going to guess that Obama and Biden were, like, in office at the time and performing official duties, whereas Trump today is a private citizen who was playing politics in front of the graves of our fallen heroes.  So there's your easy explanation. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

So what's the name of the source.  

The original NPR article?  That didn't name anyone. 

Over and over again he left rages on unsourced stories that end up being nothing but media click bait.  

But stay mad.  Let the tds consume you.  They need you angry till the election 

Anger tends to cloud judgment and makes people reactionary. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

So what's the name of the source.  

The original NPR article?  That didn't name anyone. 

Over and over again he left rages on unsourced stories that end up being nothing but media click bait.  

But stay mad.  Let the tds consume you.  They need you angry till the election 

Anger tends to cloud judgment and makes people reactionary. 

I have no idea what this nonsense means. 

17 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Whether this played out as alleged is hard to say.  However, he took the time to go to the cemetery, meet with the family of fallen soldiers and apparently honored their wish for a photograph.  While apologies may be in order here—I’m not certain a candidate or president could show more respect.  

Yes he could have.  He was told before, when he arrived and during his visit to ANC to not take pictures and not use it as a campaign event.  His group assaulted a woman to have their way.  That is not in any way shape or form respectful.

7 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

I watched the video and read the linked article, and I have to say- this is a new low for you guys…

You guys just can’t help yourself…Lie after lie after lie…It’s all you do…And you don’t even care that you lie…It’s almost like it’s a sport for you…You get off, on it…Evil…

You’re so disingenuous with every post you write…I don’t mind disagreeing and having conversations…But you guys are heartless and disgusting to the core…

I take pride in being a nice person, and always try to be as honest as I can…But I’m so grateful I don’t associate with people like you…

People say “Well politics is politics”…I don’t care…People like you give humanity a bad name…good day, sir…

No one is saying he can’t meet with those folks, no one is saying he can’t take photos with them. What is being said is it can’t be used as campaign materials and he showed up with that expressed purpose. When reminded of this his team pushed their way in. I’ll choose to believe the DoD and staffers who work there over his bogus story. You talk a lot about not taking politicians word, but some how after the last 4, 8, 10, 50 years you still seem to choose the word of man who will say anything. 

24 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Yes he could have.  He was told before, when he arrived and during his visit to ANC to not take pictures and not use it as a campaign event.  His group assaulted a woman to have their way.  That is not in any way shape or form respectful.

That’s the allegation,  and yet the Army has indicated that no charges are necessary.    

With respect to showing up, meeting with the family and honoring their request—even if misguided, is the ultimate sign of respect even if other veterans disagree, as some surely will. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

Did they decide to get rid of people behind Trump because of all the people looking bored behind him at the other rallies or can he just not find people to come?

Oh, I thought that was a guard rail along some random highway since he can’t afford to pay real venues…

12 hours ago, 4th&long said:

It must be hurting trump bad because musk put a warning on x for people who search for the npr story that the link they are looking for contains spam. Bunch of losers.

F'n sicko. He is just a rotten person and he might be President again. God help us 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

8 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

I watched the video and read the linked article, and I have to say- this is a new low for you guys…

You guys just can’t help yourself…Lie after lie after lie…It’s all you do…And you don’t even care that you lie…It’s almost like it’s a sport for you…You get off, on it…Evil…

You’re so disingenuous with every post you write…I don’t mind disagreeing and having conversations…But you guys are heartless and disgusting to the core…

I take pride in being a nice person, and always try to be as honest as I can…But I’m so grateful I don’t associate with people like you…

People say “Well politics is politics”…I don’t care…People like you give humanity a bad name…good day, sir…

How is it a new low? huh? 

Trump broke the law to get a photo-op using a dead soldier where he was not supposed to be. 

6 hours ago, phypon said:

Oh Rosie, Rosie, Rosie.  I don't think Independence is right for you.

It really terrifies me to think a complete psycho like Trump could be President. He's worse now than in 2016, completely wacko, without decent people around him this time, and a court that has basically given him freedom to break the law 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1