Arlington Cemetery a clear eyed examination

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Frankly none of us care if Trump used it as a political stunt.  We saw those 51 former intelligence agents lie to America about Hunter's laptop and simply just don't GAF anymore. 

And we'll see who is laughing if your party regains control again and runs the country into the ground if they keep going left.  There's a reason why Harris is suddenly trying to pretend she's a moderate.

I dont think she's pretending.   I think she knows what may work in Cali doesn't work nationally.  

3 hours ago, Starr-Bills said:

And I saw Colin Powell lie about yellow cake. ***** happens, which is why you, we, everyone need to hold elected officials (or those who want to be) to the highest standard. 

but we knew you didn’t care, long as he lets you hate on your fellow Americans. Cool Doc.

No one's holding anyone accountable.  I saw that back in 2012 when Dirtnap Harry on the floor of the Senate told a bald-faced lie about Romney not paying taxes for 10 years and then later crowing about it because "it worked."  You should have been outraged over the laptop lie that was election interference.  But you don't/didn't care because it helped your guy.  Why should we (be better than you)?

And who is he letting me hate here?

47 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

I dont think she's pretending.   I think she knows what may work in Cali doesn't work nationally.  

Exactly.  She's moving moderate because that's where the country, not Cali, is at.  But she's not moderate and most everyone knows it.  Biden was at one time.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc said:

No one's holding anyone accountable.  I saw that back in 2012 when Dirtnap Harry on the floor of the Senate told a bald-faced lie about Romney not paying taxes for 10 years and then later crowing about it because "it worked."  You should have been outraged over the laptop lie that was election interference.  But you don't/didn't care because it helped your guy.  Why should we (be better than you)?

And who is he letting me hate here?

Exactly.  She's moving moderate because that's where the country, not Cali, is at.  But she's not moderate and most everyone knows it.  Biden was at one time.

Jesus you hypocrite.  Accountability?  You apparently want or expect 0 from the person factually lying most.  Provably breaking laws.  

And on Kamala so what?  If she knows moderate policy is best nationally and abides by them I don't care about the past.  If she lies she'll be one and done.  I don't think it'll be the case. 

Hopefully she figures an effective way to tax the rich.  Giving them more tax breaks is absurd.   And it's 100% what will happen.   

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1

5 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Jesus you hypocrite.  Accountability?  You apparently want or expect 0 from the person factually lying most.  Provably breaking laws.  

And on Kamala so what?  If she knows moderate policy is best nationally and abides by them I don't care about the past.  If she lies she'll be one and done.  I don't think it'll be the case. 

Hopefully she figures an effective way to tax the rich.  Giving them more tax breaks is absurd.   And it's 100% what will happen.   

LOL at "hypocrite."  That's not you guys at all.

And yes I know it's "so what" with Harris for you guys.  That's my point.

Yeah good luck on the rich being taxed.  They know how to get you guys to fall for it but the dirty secret is they're rich as well and don't want to hurt themselves.  I laughed when all the people lauded Warren Buffett over a decade ago, talking about how wrong it was for him to pay an effective tax rate lower than his secretary.  Knowing full well it was never going to change and that he still pays millions more than she does.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

9 hours ago, Scraps said:

So what's your point?

9 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

He never has one.  Incomprehensible gibberish through which he attempts to blame “the left” for what most likely are his self-inflicted problems.  

Scraps stated Kamala was not invited, which is untrue, she was invited by the mother in the video I posted. The fact that someone did not want her there does not change the fact that she was invited as he claims

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

You have taken the place of Billstime as my daily laugh. You deny a video that is real and call it a hoax. You are like a drunk who can't help himself from replying

Apparently simple things amuse simple people. 

27 minutes ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

You have taken the place of Billstime as my daily laugh. You deny a video that is real and call it a hoax. You are like a drunk who can't help himself from replying

Either bot profiles got a hair better.  Or it's purely a troll that will say anything for a reply.  If it's not a bot.  It's kinda sad someone would be that pathetic on a message board.  It probably has no human contact in real life. 

1 hour ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

Scraps stated Kamala was not invited, which is untrue, she was invited by the mother in the video I posted. The fact that someone did not want her there does not change the fact that she was invited as he claims

If one person from among the 13 families said they were invited, they were invited.  Not every member of those 13 families had to personally invite both of them.  And not showing up is bad enough, but calling that person/those people liars/props is a terrible look and kills the "Trump hates the military."

1 hour ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

It's his go-to when he can't refute what's being said.

Edited by Doc

Imagine if Trump were President and his Afghan withdrawal went like this:

▪️Against the advice of military leadership, picks September 11th to have it completed by so that he can turn it into a political spectacle
▪️Withdraws in the middle of the night, leaving equipment, money, weapons, and Americans behind
▪️Immediately announces it as a success before any of the chaos begins
▪️Tells the world that it is very unlikely the Taliban will take over Afghanistan
▪️Two weeks later tells the world that the Taliban took over Afghanistan
▪️Trump starts blaming Biden
▪️Various world leaders condemn Trump for going it alone and not coordinating the withdrawal with allies
▪️When confronted with images of people falling out of airplanes, Trump responds with "that was four or five days ago"
▪️13 American military members are murdered in a terrorist attack during the chaos and in response, Trump's military drones an innocent family of 10, including 7 children
▪️Trump announces the withdrawal as a success, except the bad parts which he blames on Biden
▪️Trump refuses to say the names of the fallen soldiers
▪️Trump checks his watch multiple times during the dignified transfer of the fallen soldiers bodies
▪️A devastated parent who is angry that Trump won't even say his son's name is thrown out of the SOTU
▪️Trump refuses to take calls from the families of the fallen military members

Then imagine the grieving families invite Trump and Biden to mourn their children with them at Arlington Cemetery. Only Biden shows up. Trump instead spends the day at the beach. Some pictures and videos are taken of Biden with the families.

How do you think the media would cover this series of events?😃

• Like (+1) 2

Senator Tom Cotton is the author of Sacred Duty: A Soldier’s Tour at Arlington National Cemetery (2019). I wrote about it here on its publication date. It is a moving account of Senator Cotton’s service in the Old Guard along with a history of the Army’s oldest infantry unit.

Service in the Old Guard is generally by application and requires rigorous training. Few can meet its incredibly imposing standards. Acceptance into service in the Old Guard is an honor conferred by the Army, on the one hand, and an honor fulfilled by its members, on the other.

Upon his return from his tour of duty in Iraq, someone in the chain of command thought to “ask” Tom to serve as a platoon leader in the Old Guard. Senator Cotton says that questions about his service in the Old Guard are what his constituents most frequently want him to answer when they ask about his military service.

When it comes to proper conduct at Arlington, suffice it to say, he speaks as an expert. Senator Cotton’s statement below on President Trump’s attendance at the anniversary memorial for the Abbey Gate Gold Star families seems to me authoritative. I want to add it to the video of Senator Cotton’s appearance yesterday on Meet the Press.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

@Starr-Bills I believe you are the one who was hoping for fact checking during the debate. As I asked what do you do when the anchor is the liar?

https://x.com/mattdizwhitlock/status/1830263764022603810?t=-s4NriJ-BOkHs89S_vwPUQ&s=19

Well cotton is lying… 

Trump lying about “who” released the video they filmed.

The video (which I’ve shared here before). 

this is easily checked with a 30 second search so not sure your “gotcha” point. Try again. 

35 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Senator Tom Cotton is the author of Sacred Duty: A Soldier’s Tour at Arlington National Cemetery (2019). I wrote about it here on its publication date. It is a moving account of Senator Cotton’s service in the Old Guard along with a history of the Army’s oldest infantry unit.

Service in the Old Guard is generally by application and requires rigorous training. Few can meet its incredibly imposing standards. Acceptance into service in the Old Guard is an honor conferred by the Army, on the one hand, and an honor fulfilled by its members, on the other.

Upon his return from his tour of duty in Iraq, someone in the chain of command thought to “ask” Tom to serve as a platoon leader in the Old Guard. Senator Cotton says that questions about his service in the Old Guard are what his constituents most frequently want him to answer when they ask about his military service.

When it comes to proper conduct at Arlington, suffice it to say, he speaks as an expert. Senator Cotton’s statement below on President Trump’s attendance at the anniversary memorial for the Abbey Gate Gold Star families seems to me authoritative. I want to add it to the video of Senator Cotton’s appearance yesterday on Meet the Press.

If they did everything right, why did the DOD file an incident report? They don’t just make this stuff up. I don’t understand how you guys can’t fact check yourselves do you lack all critical reasoning abilities it really is mind blowing.

Please spend a minute watching this.