Arlington Cemetery a clear eyed examination

4 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Pushing somebody is assault.

It has always been about not conducting political campaigns in Arlington National Cemetery.  The efforts of you Magadonians has been to deflect.

2 minutes ago, Starr-Bills said:

I mean pushing is assault, and think about what you are saying it’s okay for trumps staff to push government employees who are just doing their job aside so he can illegally film an ad. That is what you are saying is okay. You and I differ on how you show respect to fallen service members. And dragging them out to “campaign against Harris is also shameful, but shale isn’t an emotion Trump possesses, and I guess you either.

if we want to talk about the withdrawal, or the fact that all the presidents mishandled Afghanistan and Iraq and gots too many Americans and way too many afghans and Iraqi’s killed. Sure we can have a thread about that. This one is about Arlington, Cemetery and Trump‘s inappropriate and legal actions there.

Have you ever seen anyone arrested for, much less charged with, assault for pushing past someone/pushed someone aside?  No because no one really considers it assault. 

And Trump was invited by Gold Star families, as were Harris and Biden.  If you have a problem with that, take it up with the families who themselves who stated it.  And was it political?  Sure.  Should Biden and Harris have reached-out to the families sometime during the 3 years since their decisions led to their deaths?  Yes.  Which is more outrageous?

14 minutes ago, Starr-Bills said:

I mean pushing is assault, and think about what you are saying it’s okay for trumps staff to push government employees who are just doing their job aside so he can illegally film an ad. That is what you are saying is okay. You and I differ on how you show respect to fallen service members. And dragging them out to “campaign against Harris is also shameful, but shame isn’t an emotion Trump possesses, and I guess you either.

if we want to talk about the withdrawal, or the fact that all the presidents mishandled Afghanistan and Iraq and got too many Americans and way too many afghans and Iraqi’s killed. Sure we can have a thread about that. This one is about Arlington, Cemetery and Trump‘s inappropriate and legal actions there.

Trumps side? Which is it’s okay for him to film and ad using their loved ones as a political prop? Is that really your point?

and what is this. I think we should find out a bit more about the communication team Trump is having with these families. if they are using them as props, it’s shameful.

what does it matter if they’re aligned with trump? They’re allowed to do that cause it’s a free country and perfectly ok for them to support him. Like I said. They blame Biden for what happened and the lack of support after the deaths. 

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Have you ever seen anyone arrested for, much less charged with, assault for pushing past someone/pushed someone aside?  No because no one really considers it assault. 

And Trump was invited by Gold Star families, as were Harris and Biden.  If you have a problem with that, take it up with the families who themselves who stated it.  And was it political?  Sure.  Should Biden and Harris have reached-out to the families sometime during the 3 years since their decisions led to their deaths?  Yes.  Which is more outrageous?

Yes.

…to trumps made up event. Note they met with them pre RNC, I’m sure the plan was suggested at that time, that Trump be invited (since he couldn’t invite himself to film and ad) and Biden (doubt Harris was invited but maybe, we haven’t see the invites or when they were invited (since she was still just the VP) that would be cover for filming the ad, they “had” to film to make his showing up worth it to the campaign. They got caught making the ad, and are pivoting to “but what about”. Just how I see the Trump team playing it because it’s all politics for him and he gives zero ***** about anything else.

will be interesting to see how the congressional investigation pans out.

Just now, Starr-Bills said:

Yes.

…to trumps made up event. Note they met with them pre RNC, I’m sure the plan was suggested at that time, that Trump be invited (since he couldn’t invite himself to film and ad) and Biden (doubt Harris was invited but maybe, we haven’t see the invites or when they were invited (since she was still just the VP) that would be cover for filming the ad, they “had” to film to make his showing up worth it to the campaign. They got caught making the ad, and are pivoting to “but what about”. Just how I see the Trump team playing it because it’s all politics for him and he gives zero ***** about anything else.

will be interesting to see how the congressional investigation pans out.

Again take it up with the Gold Star families, who said they invited him, Harris and Biden.  If you want to call them liars, be my guest.

And what congressional investigation? 

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

Again take it up with the Gold Star families, who said they invited him, Harris and Biden.  If you want to call them liars, be my guest.

And what congressional investigation? 

I’m curious about the timing of the invite and if they were “asked” to invite Trump since Trump can’t invite them.

this briefing report, I mistyped.

22 minutes ago, Doc said:

It doesn't matter if you or I have seen anyone charged with assault for a push,  it is still assault.

I am skeptical that the families invited Biden or Harris since one family said Harris was specifically not invited.

I have stated repeatedly that there was no problem with the families inviting Trump.  However, the families and Trump are expected to abide by Arlington National Cemetery rules, just like the rest of us.

Edited by Scraps
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Scraps said:

It doesn't matter if you or I have seen anyone charged with assault for a push,  it is still assault.

I am skeptical that the families invited Biden or Harris since one family said Harris was specifically not invited.

I have stated repeatedly that there was no problem with the families inviting Trump.  However, the families and Trump are expected to abide by Arlington National Cemetery rules, just like the rest of us.

Sure it does.  If no one has ever gets charged for it, it's not much of an offense now, is it?  I guess for academic purposes it's worth discussing...

The Gold Star families wanted Trump there and probably knew their invitations to Biden and Harris were going to be declined, either actively ("no thanks") or passively (not showing up).  You could just as easily go after them for making it political, but that would be unwise politically.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Sure it does.  If no one has ever gets charged for it, it's not much of an offense now, is it?  I guess for academic purposes it's worth discussing...

The Gold Star families wanted Trump there and probably knew their invitations to Biden and Harris were going to be declined, either actively ("no thanks") or passively (not showing up).  You could just as easily go after them for making it political, but that would be unwise politically.

The Cemetery made it clear before Trump showed up and when he arrived that pictures could not be taken in that section for campaign purposes.  By what right does a Trump campaign official shove somebody else to have their way?

Trump put up the political ad, not the families.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Scraps said:

I don't care if they interject themselves.  They do not dictate Arlington National Cemetery policy.  This whole kerfuffle shows why.  They are basically saying that they don't care about the other Arlington National Cemetery families.

They are taking offense to Harris's statement and she was not critical of the families.  Also I'm not a Dem.

Personally, I want you and your Dem leadership to keep beating this drum. Rim shot away

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Scraps said:

Did the families request that they all show up?  How do you know that.  How and when?  At least 1 family said they specifically did not ask Harris to "show up".  After some of these families spoke at the RNC, it doesn't seem right that they would invite Biden and Harris.

It seems like some families of the 13 want there to be a spectacle.  This is why individual families are not allowed to determine which Arlington National Cemetery rules to ignore.

It has been in the news for a week that Kamala was invited and only today did the WH respond to the contrary. Obviously I can't prove it anymore than you can, but you must think that Kamala is incompetent for not to correct that point earlier.

13 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

Personally, I want you and your Dem leadership to keep beating this drum. Rim shot away

TrumpArlington22.thumb.jpeg.582b787bfa6cc9e6355421afa974f092.jpeg

“If the Democrats were smart, they would avoid like the plague any reference to Joe Biden’s withdrawal from Afghanistan.

It was universally, and correctly, seen as a debacle, and the Afghanistan fiasco precipitated a drop in Biden’s approval ratings from which he never recovered.

Normal observers see that the current controversy was stirred up by the Democrats in hopes of political gain. The controversy, kept alive by Democrats, mostly serves to remind voters of one of the Biden/Harris administration’s worst failures, and to tie that failure more securely to Kamala Harris.

So in my opinion the Democrats’ attacks on Trump for his Arlington visit constitute political malpractice.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2024/09/the-democrats-swing-and-miss.php

We can only hope that they keep it up.”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1

25 minutes ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

It has been in the news for a week that Kamala was invited and only today did the WH respond to the contrary. Obviously I can't prove it anymore than you can, but you must think that Kamala is incompetent for not to correct that point earlier.

At about 1:12 into this video, this father confirms that Biden and Harris were not invited.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Scraps said:

At about 1:12 into this video, this father confirms that Biden and Harris were not invited.

you understand why the families are supporting trump and that it’s ok for them to do so right?

2 hours ago, Scraps said:

The Cemetery made it clear before Trump showed up and when he arrived that pictures could not be taken in that section for campaign purposes.  By what right does a Trump campaign official shove somebody else to have their way?

Trump put up the political ad, not the families.  

You are wasting breath,  or keystrokes i guess.  These people have zero shame.  When it comes to their hero, he can do no wrong.   Hopefully in November our country will prove we're not brainwashed scumbags.  In the end though don't worry.   Their party is dying.   A lot of these old shmucks who don't know how to use the internet won't be around to poison too many more elections.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

You are wasting breath,  or keystrokes i guess.  These people have zero shame.  When it comes to their hero, he can do no wrong.   Hopefully in November our country will prove we're not brainwashed scumbags.  In the end though don't worry.   Their party is dying.   A lot of these old shmucks who don't know how to use the internet won't be around to poison too many more elections.

Frankly none of us care if Trump used it as a political stunt.  We saw those 51 former intelligence agents lie to America about Hunter's laptop and simply just don't GAF anymore. 

And we'll see who is laughing if your party regains control again and runs the country into the ground if they keep going left.  There's a reason why Harris is suddenly trying to pretend she's a moderate.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

you understand why the families are supporting trump and that it’s ok for them to do so right?

Yes.  Do you understand why political campaigning is not allowed in ANC?

18 minutes ago, Doc said:

Frankly none of us care if Trump used it as a political stunt.  We saw those 51 former intelligence agents lie to America about Hunter's laptop and simply just don't GAF anymore. 

And we'll see who is laughing if your party regains control again and runs the country into the ground if they keep going left.  There's a reason why Harris is suddenly trying to pretend she's a moderate.

And I saw Colin Powell lie about yellow cake. ***** happens, which is why you, we, everyone need to hold elected officials (or those who want to be) to the highest standard. 

but we knew you didn’t care, long as he lets you hate on your fellow Americans. Cool Doc.

Edited by Starr-Bills