Why Your Team Sucks 2024 -- Da Bills

28 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I don’t know why, but this one really gives me the vibes that it was written by some sort of broke AI and then someone went in and edited just enough to make us think it wasn’t. That being said, horrible journalism and not really enjoyable.

Is it really journalism though?  I've always viewed it as stinging satire for the most part.

I'm not sure if these things are what they once were. Maybe I'll give this a shot, maybe not. 

This used to be one of my favorite articles every year. I'd read every single team's version. But ever since they moved away from Deadspin and Drew Magary, they've undergone a consistent and precipitous decline in quality and funniness. Now they're mostly shoulder shrug material.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Logic said:

I'm not sure if these things are what they once were. Maybe I'll give this a shot, maybe not. 

This used to be one of my favorite articles every year. I'd read every single team's version. But ever since they moved away from Deadspin and Drew Magary, they've undergone a consistent and precipitous decline in quality and funniness. Now they're mostly shoulder shrug material.

This year was kind of a bummer.  Plus there were a couple of guest writers who were so-so.  I would always look forward to the ones about Dan Snyder, so sadly (I use that term lightly) something was missing in that regard this year.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Logic said:

This one's worth a read.  Magary has lost a lot on his fastball, and I'm not wild about his breaking stuff, but he only wrote about half of them this year.  (Good for him bringing in help instead of mailing it in.)  The author of this one, Victoria Zeller, is from Buffalo and a Bills fan, and did a great job IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Cash said:

This one's worth a read.  Magary has lost a lot on his fastball, and I'm not wild about his breaking stuff, but he only wrote about half of them this year.  (Good for him bringing in help instead of mailing it in.)  The author of this one, Victoria Zeller, is from Buffalo and a Bills fan, and did a great job IMO.

I agree.  This one was also astounding in its length.  I swear that it's the longest and most caustic of the lot this year.

7 minutes ago, Cash said:

Yeah this one doesn't read like a light roast. There's some anguish in those words 🤣

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, TheCockSportif said:

[EDIT: Well, I guess that user comments are up now, unlike they were 6+ hours ago.  Can't wait to read them.]

So, the article wasn't bad.  Thanks for sharing.

The comments, however, were slit your wrists depressing, unfunny, and unhinged.  Ugh.  What a depressing way to live.  Seriously, medical professionals need to be available to provide help for them.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Long Suffering Fan said:

So, the article wasn't bad.  Thanks for sharing.

The comments, however, were slit your wrists depressing, unfunny, and unhinged.  Ugh.  What a depressing way to live.  Seriously, medical professionals need to be available to provide help for them.

I did kind of like the one about the vape pen, catching on fire, being put out with beer, and a sobriety check.

• Agree 1

Yeah that was pretty harsh and generally unfunny IMO.  Haven't read that in a while since it was all done by the one person and the website went under or something - seems like this time they recruited different people and this person from Buffalo didn't do a great job

Reading that at the dawn of a new season is not enjoyable.

However, after the Bills are knocked out of the playoffs this season, rereading that will provide inspiration for the 2204 comments that can be made even more vile and scornful. 

Final line "Most of all, Bills Fans, I want you to take heart. No matter how fraudulent you are, you're always less fraudulent than the F***ing Dolphins."

If you can't appreciate that, maybe you are the thin skinned "Perfectly rectangular dude from Cheektowaga."

Edited by hikerprof2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1