Brandon Aiyuk Staying in SF - 4 Years, 120m

3 hours ago, Jon in Pasadena said:

What's your 40 time?

I can issue an insurance policy in 40 seconds. Bet Aiyuk can’t.. 

Show me the money!

I kid.

Good for Aiyuk and all these guys creating their generational wealth. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

Trent will sign this weekend. He just pulled the vet move to sit out preseason and not have to put the pads on in the heat. Players are not in a hurry to leave the Niners when they’re so likely to win it all

He has three years left on his current deal, doesn't he?

How's that for motivation?

Good for him.  Squeaky wheel got the grease.  

4 hours ago, Einstein said:

Yikes. The team and agent leaking conflicting stories less than 24 hours after signing. What a relationship.

The overall numbers are probably the same with the guaranteed money being the difference.  

10 hours ago, Kaenon said:

He has three years left on his current deal, doesn't he?

I think so. I’ll be shocked if he’s not signed by Monday. Maybe even today. He got banged up a few games last year. He just needed to sit out until now then he strolls right in as the best LT in football again. 

Seems like a good deal, honestly. 

If Coleman ends up being that good and the Bills sign him for that contract + Inflation I think we'd all be jumping for joy. 

16 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

is he really worth that much? i dont think hes even a top 12 wide out in the league

Aiyuk's clearly top 10, arguably top 5.  He's gotten better every year and had a huge year in 2023.   

• Agree 1

This probably means Deebo will be gone next year. The only reason they can afford all these players is because Purdy is on that super helpful, last pick of the 7th round pay scale (being paid less than HALF of what an average NFL kicker makes).

But eventually they'll have to pay him more than $1 million per year, and they've already tied up a ton of $20+ million a year contracts.

10 hours ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Welcome to Cleveland Trent

I think they'll convert Trent's contract to guaranteed money to free up some cap & make Trent happy. His salary is great right now (especially for a 36 year old tackle), schedule to make $20 million in 2024 (most for any O-lineman for this season). Problem is the guaranteed money has dried up, so I'm sure the 49ers will find a way to fix that while also improving their cap space for next season (they're nearly $40 million over for 2025).

This is a bit of a "one more throw of the dice" year for the 9ers. This squad, which has been together for 4 or 5 years the bones of it, will have to be broken up after this season. I expect 2025 for then to look a bit like we all think 2024 will be for Buffalo. Eat some dead money, move on some older players, try and re-set a bit.

12 hours ago, BigDingus said:

This probably means Deebo will be gone next year. The only reason they can afford all these players is because Purdy is on that super helpful, last pick of the 7th round pay scale (being paid less than HALF of what an average NFL kicker makes).

But eventually they'll have to pay him more than $1 million per year, and they've already tied up a ton of $20+ million a year contracts.

I think they'll convert Trent's contract to guaranteed money to free up some cap & make Trent happy. His salary is great right now (especially for a 36 year old tackle), schedule to make $20 million in 2024 (most for any O-lineman for this season). Problem is the guaranteed money has dried up, so I'm sure the 49ers will find a way to fix that while also improving their cap space for next season (they're nearly $40 million over for 2025).

I actually don’t think they will have to pay Purdy that much. He is 100% a system QB and both sides know it. There isn’t another team in the NFL that will try to throw a lot of money at him. And he would be foolish to leave.

I bet he gets something like a baker Mayfield deal— like a $30 mil annual salary. 

(I agree though that even with that kind of money, they will be jammed up next year with their cap).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

12 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I actually don’t think they will have to pay Purdy that much. He is 100% a system QB and both sides know it. There isn’t another team in the NFL that will try to throw a lot of money at him. And he would be foolish to leave.

I bet he gets something like a baker Mayfield deal— like a $30 mil annual salary. 

(I agree though that even with that kind of money, they will be jammed up next year with their cap).

He probably is a system QB, but he's been way better than Jimmy G statistically and we all saw San Francisco sign him to the highest paid contract ever (per year) at the time. Even after everyone knew what he'd be, the Raiders still signed Jimmy G to a 3 year, $73 million contract.

Right now, the Niners are only paying Purdy $1 million per year, and he's been better & more durable than Garoppolo. With contracts only going up each year, I still expect Purdy to get somewhere around $40+ million a year if he has another season like last year.

Edited by BigDingus
  • Like (+1) 1

On 8/30/2024 at 8:03 AM, K D said:

Only $30 mil per. Gave them a discount it seems. I bet the Patriots would have paid him the $33-35 he was looking for

Yeah, this is what it looks like, though the details are what it is all about.

21 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I Remember when the media and fans said this about Joe Montana. 

and he just kept winning and winning.  

"Too small, not enough arm strength, system qb"

Purdy will get paid.  The only way he won't is if they fall on their face this year and miss the playoffs because he is really bad or something. 

Edited by MikePJ76
  • Agree 1