Now that the 53 is set, predict the Bills win total

Cash

Now that the 53 is set, predict the Bills win total  

206 members have voted

1. 1. How many regular season games do the Bills win this year?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/07/2024 at 10:55 PM

On 8/29/2024 at 12:08 PM, Cash said:

Now that we know the initial 53-man roster, and the practice squad is set (possibly pending Jalen Virgil), it's prediction time.  This is the time every year that I make my one (1) prediction for the Bills regular season.  My track record is pretty good - I'm generally +/- 1 win from the Bills' actual total.  I don't go game-by-game; instead I try to look holistically at the Bills as a team for the full season.  I do take overall strength of schedule into account, but upsets happen both ways, so I think it's futile to predict the results of each week well in advance.  Likewise, injuries happen, guys have big games here and there, etc.  There's some averaging out, but overall a really good team tends to win more than a fairly good team, which tends to win more than a mediocre team, and so on.

So with that preamble aside, I'll go on record:  I'm predicting 11 wins from the Bills this year.  I also think that takes the AFC East and gives us a puncher's chance in the playoffs.

I’ve been really accurate predicting the Bills record lately as well…. This year, I just can’t fathom the Bills going over ten and I went nine….I would not be surprised with 8 wins this year…. Maybe we can do something with a medium #1 pick? I hope the Bills have cap room next year to add a little more talent as well. I’m actually hoping for one big FA and then a couple lower guys. Then with the higher #1 and the extra higher picks we have we can finally do this thing right next season. That’s the best I can hope for at this time.

• Agree 1

On 8/30/2024 at 3:46 PM, Ga boy said:

Believe me there’s no way we lose 8 freaking games with Josh so we win at least 10 and more likely 13.  If Milano is back by Thanksgiving we go 5-1 in Dec/Jan, win 14 and #1 seed.

Our SOS is pretty brutal. I figure we lose the away games to Miami and Jets, lose to Texans, Lions, 49ers, Ravens. Rams and KC are toss ups. Its not going to be a fun season by any means. Last year we lost some odd ones like Jags, Pats, Broncos so you have to assume a one off loss this year as well

FWIW...

Based on a single simulation, ESPN projected a 7-win season for the Bills.

"It turned out the Buffalo Bills needed a No. 1 receiver after all. Under offensive coordinator Joe Brady, Buffalo took a more run-heavy approach in this season simulation, but it resulted in the offense taking a step back and quarterback Josh Allen having his worst statistical season since the early parts of his career. The defense couldn't make up the gap, either, resulting in a disastrous 7-10 playoff-less season for a team that was considered a Super Bowl contender entering the season."

But their Football Power Index, based on 20,000 simulations, has the Bills as the fifth best team in the NFL behind the 49ers, Chiefs, Ravens, and Lions.

www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/41034817/simulating-2024-nfl-season-predictions-playoffs-super-bowl-champion

• Like (+1) 1

Chatgpt

To provide a detailed analysis of the Buffalo Bills' potential win total for the 2024 NFL season, let's break down their schedule, team strengths, and key factors that could influence their performance.

### **1. Schedule Overview:**
The Bills play in the AFC East, facing the New England Patriots, Miami Dolphins, and New York Jets twice each. They also face teams from the AFC West and NFC East, as well as a couple of games against teams with similar records from last year.

**Key Opponents:**
- **Divisional Games:** The Dolphins and Jets are expected to be tough competition. Both teams have strong defenses and potent offenses. Splitting these games is realistic.
- **AFC West:** The Bills will face the Kansas City Chiefs, Los Angeles Chargers, Denver Broncos, and Las Vegas Raiders. The Chiefs and Chargers present significant challenges, but the Broncos and Raiders are more manageable.
- **NFC East:** Games against the Philadelphia Eagles, Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants, and Washington Commanders will be crucial. The Eagles and Cowboys are particularly tough matchups.

### **2. Team Strengths:**
- **Quarterback:** Josh Allen is one of the top quarterbacks in the league, combining a strong arm with mobility. His play will be crucial for the Bills' success.
- **Defense:** The Bills have a solid defense, particularly in their secondary, although they need to stay healthy to maintain their effectiveness.
- **Coaching:** Sean McDermott is an experienced coach with a strong defensive background, and the continuity in the coaching staff is a positive factor.

### **3. Key Factors:**
- **Injuries:** As with any NFL season, injuries can significantly impact the outcome. The Bills need to keep key players, especially Josh Allen and their defensive stars, healthy.
- **Close Games:** The Bills' ability to win close games will be crucial. Last season, they were involved in several close contests, and their success in those games could be the difference between a 10-win season and a 13-win season.
- **Strength of Schedule:** Based on their 2024 schedule, the Bills have one of the tougher slates, but they have the talent to compete at a high level.

### **Win Prediction:**
- **Optimistic Scenario:** 12-13 wins, if they can win most of their home games and split their tougher road matchups.
- **Realistic Scenario:** 10-11 wins, considering the difficulty of their schedule and the competitiveness of their division.
- **Pessimistic Scenario:** 9-10 wins, if injuries or poor performance in close games hinder them.

Would you like to dive deeper into specific matchups or analyze potential playoff scenarios?

On 8/29/2024 at 3:45 PM, Doc Brown said:

Nine.  Not having a #1 WR being the main reason.  Also, a lot of turnover on both sides of the ball.

A you #1 didn't help us at all last year.  Team mindset is the key.  Our team is about doing their 1/11th.  That doesn't make room for egos

16 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

FWIW...

Based on a single simulation, ESPN projected a 7-win season for the Bills.

"It turned out the Buffalo Bills needed a No. 1 receiver after all. Under offensive coordinator Joe Brady, Buffalo took a more run-heavy approach in this season simulation, but it resulted in the offense taking a step back and quarterback Josh Allen having his worst statistical season since the early parts of his career. The defense couldn't make up the gap, either, resulting in a disastrous 7-10 playoff-less season for a team that was considered a Super Bowl contender entering the season."

But their Football Power Index, based on 20,000 simulations, has the Bills as the fifth best team in the NFL behind the 49ers, Chiefs, Ravens, and Lions.

www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/41034817/simulating-2024-nfl-season-predictions-playoffs-super-bowl-champion

It does have some validity. It's pretty crazy that the Bills management and coaches are more run dependent with Allen at the helm. Do get me wrong, the run game is an important aspect to an offense. However, this strategy of running more is likely a losing recipe in today's modern day football.

I'd rather be more pass dependent and ride Allen's arm. Instead, I would have dramatically tried to upgrade the WR room. Have the Bills really done that? IMHO, they haven't. Beane's tried to piece meal the WR core for several years with little success. Last year, was very telling to the negative. To note, Diggs wanted out and the salary extension proved to be a colossal mistake. To the tune of 30M cap hit. Severely hampering the Bills ability to improve the roster. That's on Beane folks. Samuel is decent but not elite or special, Hollins is a jag, Shakir will now see top CBs, and Coleman is young, raw, and has separation concerns. Kincaid looks like a bright spot. 

I predict the Bills to win 9 games. Some will see the season as successful while others won't. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Dislike 1

On 9/2/2024 at 5:31 AM, Gman10 said:

Our SOS is pretty brutal. I figure we lose the away games to Miami and Jets, lose to Texans, Lions, 49ers, Ravens. Rams and KC are toss ups. Its not going to be a fun season by any means. Last year we lost some odd ones like Jags, Pats, Broncos so you have to assume a one off loss this year as well

Factor in the Bills have a FG kicker that's more likely to lose games than win them. 

15 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Chatgpt

To provide a detailed analysis of the Buffalo Bills' potential win total for the 2024 NFL season, let's break down their schedule, team strengths, and key factors that could influence their performance.

### **1. Schedule Overview:**
The Bills play in the AFC East, facing the New England Patriots, Miami Dolphins, and New York Jets twice each. They also face teams from the AFC West and NFC East, as well as a couple of games against teams with similar records from last year.

**Key Opponents:**
- **Divisional Games:** The Dolphins and Jets are expected to be tough competition. Both teams have strong defenses and potent offenses. Splitting these games is realistic.
- **AFC West:** The Bills will face the Kansas City Chiefs, Los Angeles Chargers, Denver Broncos, and Las Vegas Raiders. The Chiefs and Chargers present significant challenges, but the Broncos and Raiders are more manageable.
- **NFC East:** Games against the Philadelphia Eagles, Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants, and Washington Commanders will be crucial. The Eagles and Cowboys are particularly tough matchups.

### **2. Team Strengths:**
- **Quarterback:** Josh Allen is one of the top quarterbacks in the league, combining a strong arm with mobility. His play will be crucial for the Bills' success.
- **Defense:** The Bills have a solid defense, particularly in their secondary, although they need to stay healthy to maintain their effectiveness.
- **Coaching:** Sean McDermott is an experienced coach with a strong defensive background, and the continuity in the coaching staff is a positive factor.

### **3. Key Factors:**
- **Injuries:** As with any NFL season, injuries can significantly impact the outcome. The Bills need to keep key players, especially Josh Allen and their defensive stars, healthy.
- **Close Games:** The Bills' ability to win close games will be crucial. Last season, they were involved in several close contests, and their success in those games could be the difference between a 10-win season and a 13-win season.
- **Strength of Schedule:** Based on their 2024 schedule, the Bills have one of the tougher slates, but they have the talent to compete at a high level.

### **Win Prediction:**
- **Optimistic Scenario:** 12-13 wins, if they can win most of their home games and split their tougher road matchups.
- **Realistic Scenario:** 10-11 wins, considering the difficulty of their schedule and the competitiveness of their division.
- **Pessimistic Scenario:** 9-10 wins, if injuries or poor performance in close games hinder them.

Would you like to dive deeper into specific matchups or analyze potential playoff scenarios?

Solid post here and nice breakdown. 

W1 vs Cardinals at home Bills win 1-0

w2 vs Dolphins in Miami (toss up but we own Miami) Bills W 2-0

W3 vs Jacksonville (Jacksonville own us) Bills loss 2-1

W4 vs Baltimore (Toss up but I feel our d scheme plays well against Baltimore) Bills W 3-1

W5 vs Houston - Loss after tough matchup against Ravens I think we won't be in this game 3-2

W6 vs Jets - Bills want revenge in their stadium after the stinker last year Win 4-2

W7 vs Ten - Bills win5-2

W8 vs Seattle - Bills win 6-2

W9 vs Miami - Bills own Miami 7-2

W10 vs Indy - Bills win 8-2

W11 vs Chiefs - Bills lose 8-3

W12 vs Bye 8-3

W13 vs San Fran Bills lose 8-4

W14 vs LA - Bills win 9-4

W15 vs Det - Bills win 10-4

W16 vs Pats - Bills win 11-4

W17 vs Jets - Bills lose due to over confidence and Jets playing for playoff hopes 11-5

W18 vs Pats - Bills win 12-5

Probably wrong on a loss or win here and there but I am pretty confident in 12 -5 as the overall record this year. That week 2 through 5 and  11 through 15 stretch is going to be brutal though.

• Dislike 1

32 minutes ago, Billzgobowlin said:

A you #1 didn't help us at all last year.  Team mindset is the key.  Our team is about doing their 1/11th.  That doesn't make room for egos

I think the McD culture theme is growing old and has run its course. He's proven to be ineffective and falls short when it really counts. Refer to the last two years of home playoff exits. This team needs some nasty in the locker room. Replace the clapping with some ankle biting. Diggs just wanted to win. He wore that on his sleeve. I didn't see it as an ego thing. Him wanting out should raise the alarms. Jockeys don't take themselves off the winning horses.  

6 hours ago, dje85 said:

W1 vs Cardinals at home Bills win 1-0

w2 vs Dolphins in Miami (toss up but we own Miami) Bills W 2-0

W3 vs Jacksonville (Jacksonville own us) Bills loss 2-1

W4 vs Baltimore (Toss up but I feel our d scheme plays well against Baltimore) Bills W 3-1

W5 vs Houston - Loss after tough matchup against Ravens I think we won't be in this game 3-2

W6 vs Jets - Bills want revenge in their stadium after the stinker last year Win 4-2

W7 vs Ten - Bills win5-2

W8 vs Seattle - Bills win 6-2

W9 vs Miami - Bills own Miami 7-2

W10 vs Indy - Bills win 8-2

W11 vs Chiefs - Bills lose 8-3

W12 vs Bye 8-3

W13 vs San Fran Bills lose 8-4

W14 vs LA - Bills win 9-4

W15 vs Det - Bills win 10-4

W16 vs Pats - Bills win 11-4

W17 vs Jets - Bills lose due to over confidence and Jets playing for playoff hopes 11-5

W18 vs Pats - Bills win 12-5

Probably wrong on a loss or win here and there but I am pretty confident in 12 -5 as the overall record this year. That week 2 through 5 and  11 through 15 stretch is going to be brutal though.

I think we split with the Jets. I also am not sure I could see us beating the Lions or Ravens. 

Miami in Miami could also be tough...I hope we beat the Jags...mostly because Im going lol 

Edited by Gman10
  • Like (+1) 1

12-5, with a better offense than defense this year, though the defense should steadily improve as the year progresses.

Losing Milano and depth at almost every defensive position makes me less confident than in past years, but hoping for the coaching staff and new players to get it done, especially as the season progresses. (How often have the Bills relied on the backups to keep their defense going the last few years? Those guys are gone, overall.)  A better 2nd half of season than first is likely.