Now that the 53 is set, predict the Bills win total

Cash

Now that the 53 is set, predict the Bills win total  

206 members have voted

1. 1. How many regular season games do the Bills win this year?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/07/2024 at 10:55 PM

Now that we know the initial 53-man roster, and the practice squad is set (possibly pending Jalen Virgil), it's prediction time.  This is the time every year that I make my one (1) prediction for the Bills regular season.  My track record is pretty good - I'm generally +/- 1 win from the Bills' actual total.  I don't go game-by-game; instead I try to look holistically at the Bills as a team for the full season.  I do take overall strength of schedule into account, but upsets happen both ways, so I think it's futile to predict the results of each week well in advance.  Likewise, injuries happen, guys have big games here and there, etc.  There's some averaging out, but overall a really good team tends to win more than a fairly good team, which tends to win more than a mediocre team, and so on.

So with that preamble aside, I'll go on record:  I'm predicting 11 wins from the Bills this year.  I also think that takes the AFC East and gives us a puncher's chance in the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

4-12, they'll forfeit the last game out of despair.   

Love the screen name... but tell me was that name created because of the debacle against Miami when he touched the blocked kick and Miami scored and won the game, or is this a Super Bowl angst... or both... just wondering

Edited by JP51

I've been called an eternal optimist by most of my friends and family.  I know this is going to be an interesting year.  We've lost so many good (and bad) players, many people feel like this is sort of a rebuilding year, and there are several more questions than answers going into this season.  That said, I'm still gonna go with 13 wins,

with the 4 losses coming to:  @Ravens, @Texans, @Seahawks, and @Patriots in the last game of the season, as Buffalo has already clinched the division and the #1 seed, so they will rest the starters.  

Can't help it.  it's in my blood....  13-4

GO BILLS!

• Like (+1) 3

I have them at 11 but I think the Jets somehow get the division in a weird tiebreaker where week 18 doesn't matter so they could even be 10 wins. That said I think by the end of the season fans are in love with the offenses evolution and ready for the playoffs home or away kind of like Bradys Bucs in 2020 when they were a WC. 

I see this roster as a 10 win team. Injuries and a bit of the ball bouncing the right or wrong way will determine a lot this year for them. This team could legitimately win 11 or 12. They could also end up with 8 or 9 wins depending on those factors. This year just seems way more wide open due to a lot of new faces in important spots.