Venezuelan gang takes over apartment buildings in Colorado.

2 minutes ago, phypon said:

Except you're the one that brought it up.  You had to look up the definition of "imagery".  I think you need to also look up the definition of "projection".  Try again, Joe.  While you're focused on labeling people "MAGA" and the meaning of a meme, the rest of us are worried about the safety of our loved ones.

keep digging.  I'm not the one who used the word literally to describe something that I labelled figuratively by using the word imagery.  I didn't need to look up its meaning.  I posted it to avoid the obvious confusion among you MAGAs.

4 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

This is by design.  Authoritarians want to neuter the press.  It's not a new strategy.  trump's constant cry of "fake news" follows the fascist playbook.  It clearly worked on you.

What worked on me was the MSM reporting the Democrats agendas as facts. See Russiagate, the Covid vaccine, Hunter laptop, as just a few examples of the media earning my mistrust. 

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

If the above is true then whoever reports the false narrative should be ashamed. But because of the state of the MSM these days it's not easy to determine what is true or what isn't. 

You can’t sit and figure out that if a gang actually took over an American apartment building, the national guard would be there?

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

What worked on me was the MSM reporting the Democrats agendas as facts. See Russiagate, the Covid vaccine, Hunter laptop, as just a few examples of the media earning my mistrust. 

Yes, they didn't get the Vietnam war correct nor WMD's in Iraq during R administrations either.  Sometimes they get it wrong.  Often things look different in the retrospectascope.  Sometimes the truth is purposefully hidden.  I don't agree with coverage of the vax being biased.  Mueller found plenty of evidence of Russian interference favoring trump in the 2016b election.

• Vomit 1

3 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Yes, they didn't get the Vietnam war correct nor WMD's in Iraq during R administrations either.  Sometimes they get it wrong.  Often things look different in the retrospectascope.  Sometimes the truth is purposefully hidden.  I don't agree with coverage of the vax being biased.  Mueller found plenty of evidence of Russian interference favoring trump in the 2016b election.

Seriously? If you believe this, you're part of the problem.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

keep digging.  I'm not the one who used the word literally to describe something that I labelled figuratively by using the word imagery.  I didn't need to look up its meaning.  I posted it to avoid the obvious confusion among you MAGAs.

OMG, no you didn't.  You took something figurative and made it literal.  Do you need to look that up too?  What it boils down to is that you are wrong and you can't admit it.  It takes a big person to admit they are wrong, Joe.  Of which, you are clearly not.  Keep deflecting though, that's all you have and it's not working for you.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

9 minutes ago, phypon said:

OMG, no you didn't.  You took something figurative and made it literal.  Do you need to look that up too?  What it boils down to is that you are wrong and you can't admit it.  It takes a big person to admit they are wrong, Joe.  Of which, you are clearly not.  Keep deflecting though, that's all you have and it's not working for you.

Go back and read.  I termed the meme violent imagery.  Then you complained that I took it literally.  You literally can't make this shite up.  Lying isn't working for you but this entire thread is a bout a lie advanced by far right nuts - that an apartment complex was taken over by a Venezuelan gang.  It's what MAGAs do.

13 minutes ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

Seriously? If you believe this, you're part of the problem.

I'm sure you considered me part of the problem long before I wrote this.  I certainly considered that of you.  What part specifically do you object to?

• Vomit 1

Go back and read.  I termed the meme violent imagery.  Then you complained that I took it literally.  You literally can't make this shite up.  Lying isn't working for you but this entire thread is a bout a lie advanced by far right nuts - that an apartment complex was taken over by a Venezuelan gang.  It's what MAGAs do.

Joe, I'm not going to explain to you how there is no violence going on in the meme.  You're right, you called it "VIOLENT IMAGERY", because you can't handle what the "imagery" actually represents.  You can't make this up...except you did.  

I guess you didn't see the videos of immigrants with guns they have no right to banging on doors in an apartment building.  That is perfectly normal to you?  Aurora, Dallas, Chicago...never happened, right, Joe.  You're okay with this?  911 recordings of 32 Venezuelans with guns reported didn't happen?  And you're worried about semantics about a meme?  You're a lost cause, Joe.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Biden is Mentally Fit said:

This week’s talking points for a couple of the board’s more emotional lefties:

1. illegal photo op

2. imagery 

lol at the hysteria 

You mad that your anti-immigrant circlejerk of the week is a completely false story? 

Doesn’t that make you sit and wonder why you’re so gullible? So easily fooled in your hatred and anger?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

I called it violent imagery because that is what it is.

You know what violent imagery is, Joe, it's videos and photos of illegal immigrants stomping on people's heads after they beat them, it's images of them shooting people, it's images of them stabbing people, it's images of them violating them, it's images of them beating up cops, it's images of them killing them.  That's what violent imagery is.  If you want to stop that type of violence, focus less on a meme and focus more on the problem and how to solve it.

20 minutes ago, phypon said:

You know what violent imagery is, Joe, it's videos and photos of illegal immigrants stomping on people's heads after they beat them, it's images of them shooting people, it's images of them stabbing people, it's images of them violating them, it's images of them beating up cops, it's images of them killing them.  That's what violent imagery is.  If you want to stop that type of violence, focus less on a meme and focus more on the problem and how to solve it.

those are examples of literal violence which is worse than violent imagery.  Both are bad.

5 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

those are examples of literal violence which is worse than violent imagery.  Both are bad.

What's bad is taking non-violent imagery and professing that it's violent while ignoring the intent of said imagery which then leads to examples of actual,  literal violence and is a perpetration of the problem rather than a solution.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, phypon said:

What's bad is taking non-violent imagery and professing that it's violent while ignoring the intent of said imagery which then leads to examples of actual,  literal violence and is a perpetration of the problem rather than a solution.   

you mean a pic of people aiming guns at migrants on the border is nonviolent imagery?  You've put yourself in a box.  Is that meme meant to be funny?  Is killing migrants an idea that should enter any decent persons mind, figuratively or literally.  If it is, then those that would do it are morally equivalent to the gang members.

• Eyeroll 1

you mean a pic of people aiming guns at migrants on the border is nonviolent imagery?  You've put yourself in a box.  Is that meme meant to be funny?  Is killing migrants an idea that should enter any decent persons mind, figuratively or literally.  If it is, then those that would do it are morally equivalent to the gang members.

Are there migrants in that meme?  Oh, never mind, you just made that up.  Keep on making stuff up about a meme and ignoring the actual problem.  You should join the meme police force.  Side note, stay away from political cartoons, I don't think you could handle them.  

What's ironic is that you are the one talking about killing migrants.  But, yeah, hitch your wagon to a meme, lol.  

Oh, please tell us all about that bad meme.  It's such a bad meme.  Tell us, Joe.  Tell us how much that bad meme hurt you.

2 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Sir, you are arguing with a telephone pole.  At a certain point it IS your fault.  I can't teach my dog philosophy.   

You couldn't teach your dog how to lick it's own balls.  That's how inept you are.

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Sir, you are arguing with a telephone pole.  At a certain point it IS your fault.  I can't teach my dog philosophy.   

you can teach dogs a great deal.  We have an off road golf cart.  We have gone through about 10 words to replace "ride" so they don't go nuts when we mention it.  We are now using "corvette".  They're catching on to that too.  But philosophy is probably beyond them.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2