“Jets are in complete disarray” - B/R Article

SCBills

2 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

I think it’s more realistic the Jets are 4-1 by the time we face them.

Tenn, Denver, Pats and Minny are all games they will be favored in.

I’m more than happy if they stumble a few times!

Pats will be a tough game for them. Division games typically are. And Minnesota didn't look half bad last week. They should handle Tennessee and Denver though. If not...they could be in real trouble.

15 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

I think it’s more realistic the Jets are 4-1 by the time we face them.

Tenn, Denver, Pats and Minny are all games they will be favored in.

I’m more than happy if they stumble a few times!

Being favored in all four and winning all four are two different beasts in a more drastic way than people realize.  Let’s say they have a 70% chance of winning each game.  That would mean the chances of winning all four is 24%.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, amprov56 said:

The whole organization needs to be burned down and rebuilt, yes the process and organizational culture from the top down matters!

Agree, but it's not going to happen while Woody Johnson is the owner.  He's owned the team for 20+ years, and aside from a couple of years under Rex Ryan, the team has been mediocre to crappy.   I doubt that any other team has spent more resources on acquiring a QB with less to show for it.  They traded up to #5 in 2009 to take Mark Sanchez and to #3 in 2018 to take Sam Darnold.   They used their own #2 pick to take Zach Wilson in 2021.  Just before the 2023 draft, the Jests swapped firsts with Green Bay plus 3 other picks, including their 2023 and 2024 second rounders, to acquire Aaron Rodgers, who win or lose, is likely to be gone after this season, leaving the Jests at square one again.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Agree, but it's not going to happen while Woody Johnson is the owner.  He's owned the team for 20+ years, and aside from a couple of years under Rex Ryan, the team has been mediocre to crappy.   I doubt that any other team has spent more resources on acquiring a QB with less to show for it.  They traded up to #5 in 2009 to take Mark Sanchez and to #3 in 2018 to take Sam Darnold.   They used their own #2 pick to take Zach Wilson in 2021.  Just before the 2023 draft, the Jests swapped firsts with Green Bay plus 3 other picks, including their 2023 and 2024 second rounders, to acquire Aaron Rodgers, who win or lose, is likely to be gone after this season, leaving the Jests at square one again.

Tell that to the TBD posters who adamantly cling to the "process/culture" is not important, it is; any major organization needs it!

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/30/2024 at 8:17 PM, bigduke6 said:

Last QB i can remember coming back from an achilles was Marino,  and he was never the same.   happened late in his career as well.   now apparently we've advanced on the football injury front over the decades,  but this still is a show me first type scenario with Rodgers.  moving around in practice where you cant actually be touched is not the same as game speed.  ive seen a few vids of Rodgers this past training camp and he doesnt look all that smooth doing the normal QB dropback turnaround hand off or throw type things.   

Jests have a very very good D,  but if Rodgers cant hack it,  its back to 7 wins for them,  Saleh gets fired,  and Rodgers probably finally f's off to do his weird off season im smarter than everybody, pay attention to me sh*t fulltime,  and hopefully fades away into obscurity.

Jests have questions in a few key spots.  DLine may not be the everydown monster they were in previous seasons.  they lost some depth there.

OLine,  protecting that 40 year old world traveler/achilles survivor and fully inoculated alt hero is still not proven and full of guys who get injured all the time themselves.  should be fun.

I didn't see the game but apparently Kirk Cousins looked like an invalid in week 1. For comparison he's 36 years old and coming back from an achilles tear suffered on 10/29... 6 weeks after Rodgers tore his.

4 hours ago, amprov56 said:

The Jets Defense is for real, great post!

The Niners are a great team but 401 yards and 32 points does not say much about the Jets defense.

Edited by Sierra Foothills
  • Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

I didn't see the game but apparently Kirk Cousins looked like an invalid in week 1. For comparison he's 36 years old and coming back from an achilles tear suffered on 10/29... 6 weeks after Rodgers tore his.

The Niners are a great team but 401 yards and 32 points does not say much about the Jets defense.

Got me there!

• Haha (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, NewEra said:

McDonald and quinnen are capable- but they definitely aren’t a good pass rush atm

True, Williams is a beast, that's why it's so important for them to have somebody disruptive on the outside,  McDonald is decent,  he'd 4th or 5th in our rotation,  the Reddick controversy is really bizarre and they need him now more than ever... 

But neither side looks like it's budging 

On 9/12/2024 at 5:59 PM, BuffaloBillyG said:

Pats will be a tough game for them. Division games typically are. And Minnesota didn't look half bad last week. They should handle Tennessee and Denver though. If not...they could be in real trouble.

I remember before the season started so many people said the Titans and Colts were suppose to be amazing this year...