“Jets are in complete disarray” - B/R Article

SCBills

On 8/29/2024 at 11:01 AM, Coach Tuesday said:

Not a shot at the OP, more a shot at modern media generally - this is not a "B/R article" - Bleacher Report just took one snippet from this article in this morning's Athletic:

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5629974/2024/08/29/nfl-agent-survey-best-worst-franchises-patrick-mahomes-dak-prescott/

B/R just took one quote from an agent in the article and are using it to generate their own headlines and revenue from it.

Are telling me this is just gossip?   

🤣

Stepping away from being a Bills fan, this is really sad for the Jets and their fans.  Their FO has finally put together a very strong roster assuming they'd plugged the hole at QB with Rodgers.  For him to fail to be a leader is really inexcusable.

OK, putting my Bills fan hat back on.  Carry on.

• Like (+1) 1

The Jets are interesting at least.

I'm really curious to see Rodgers actually play. Can't figure him out.

He obviously pushed himself like crazy to rehab that Achilles, and seemed intent on proving something.

But then he misses mandatory camp because he always wanted to visit Egypt? 

I'm pretty sure he could have made that happen whenever he wanted. 

It's been a long time since a Jets game was interesting so I'm all for a little chaos.

8 hours ago, ganesh said:

I think the Dolphins are the real threat as evidenced from last year and how they have continued to improve this year. 

They have star players at QB, RB, WRs.  They were a few plays away from winning the AFC East last year before we knocked them off and sent them to Kansas City. 

The Jets have been good on paper and got a few tough wins but lack the consistency and that will continue to hurt them. 

How have they improved this year?

8 hours ago, ganesh said:

I think the Dolphins are the real threat as evidenced from last year and how they have continued to improve this year. 

They have star players at QB, RB, WRs.  They were a few plays away from winning the AFC East last year before we knocked them off and sent them to Kansas City. 

The Jets have been good on paper and got a few tough wins but lack the consistency and that will continue to hurt them. 

Yet even with those star players, they still managed to wither as the season went on. The loss to Tennessee was more telling than a lot of people realize. I’m a firm believer that a team built on speed will eventually slow down as the year progresses, especially when the regular season was extended. 

As for the Jets, their defense is legit. Like a lot of posters here, I’m not convinced Rodgers will be able to pull a Brady. Nor am I convinced Saleh is capable of winning consistently 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

On 8/29/2024 at 12:04 PM, skibum said:

It's amazing what they pass off as journalism nowadays. A 19-year veteran misses minicamp, and the team is in total disarray. I'm pretty sure Rodgers would retire before playing on a bona fide train wreck of team. 

Didn’t stop him last year

10 hours ago, ganesh said:

I think the consensus wisdom is the Dolphins defense which wasn't that great has taken a significant step back. 

Who did the add? An old and broken down OBJ?

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 8/29/2024 at 11:17 AM, Alphadawg7 said:

While you still gotta respect Miami, I personally am less concerned about them this year.  With a better roster the past 2 seasons than they have this year, Miami went on a late season skid to have to sneak in playoffs on final week of season.  

They have only 2 wins in 2 seasons to teams over .500 and one was a pretender team in Dallas, and the other was against us week 3 in 2022 under extreme heat conditions where at one point we had something like 15 players out from injuries or heat issues.  Tommy Doyle had to play the final 5 snaps of the game on a torn ACL because we only had 4 offensive lineman and it’s why they couldn’t get set 1 second sooner for the game winning FG that caused Dorsey to blow up in the booth.

Now Miami has lost their entire front 7 essentially without any major impact additions to the team this year.  Add in a much tougher AFC with the return of Burrow, Rodger’s, Richardson, etc to go with all that already established good teams, and I think Miami has a good shot to miss the playoffs.  

Still gotta respect the offensive potential of course, but it hasn’t helped them the past 2 years to do much other than beat up on and rack up stats against bad teams then lose to good ones.

Not that it matters much but they also beat the Ravens in 2022. Wouldnt that be 3 wins?

last QB i can remember coming back from an achilles was Marino,  and he was never the same.   happened late in his career as well.   now apparently we've advanced on the football injury front over the decades,  but this still is a show me first type scenario with Rodgers.  moving around in practice where you cant actually be touched is not the same as game speed.  ive seen a few vids of Rodgers this past training camp and he doesnt look all that smooth doing the normal QB dropback turnaround hand off or throw type things.   

Jests have a very very good D,  but if Rodgers cant hack it,  its back to 7 wins for them,  Saleh gets fired,  and Rodgers probably finally f's off to do his weird off season im smarter than everybody, pay attention to me sh*t fulltime,  and hopefully fades away into obscurity.

Jests have questions in a few key spots.  DLine may not be the everydown monster they were in previous seasons.  they lost some depth there.

OLine,  protecting that 40 year old world traveler/achilles survivor and fully inoculated alt hero is still not proven and full of guys who get injured all the time themselves.  should be fun.

Edited by bigduke6
  • Like (+1) 1

On 8/29/2024 at 2:51 PM, PauleeeWalnuts said:

I would say to be reckoned with since they have a better roster than the Bills and they beat us with Zac fn Wilson (again) last season. 

On 8/29/2024 at 5:16 PM, Gman10 said:

To be reckoned with. They have a decent SOS, a great D, a great QB and a very very good RB

They also have Robert Saleh who hasn't yet demonstrated he's a legitimate NFL HC with an 18-33 record over 3 seasons.

• Like (+1) 2

On 8/30/2024 at 1:36 PM, OldTimer1960 said:

Even if Rodgers plays just decent football, the Jets will be very good.  Their D is no joke and they have weapons in Breece Hall and Garrett Wilson.

They have 2 guys on offense.  Their defense is very good. Id argue it is not as good as last season.  There pas rush has taken a step back.   

On 8/30/2024 at 11:17 PM, bigduke6 said:

last QB i can remember coming back from an achilles was Marino,  and he was never the same.   happened late in his career as well.   now apparently we've advanced on the football injury front over the decades,  but this still is a show me first type scenario with Rodgers.  moving around in practice where you cant actually be touched is not the same as game speed.  ive seen a few vids of Rodgers this past training camp and he doesnt look all that smooth doing the normal QB dropback turnaround hand off or throw type things.   

Jests have a very very good D,  but if Rodgers cant hack it,  its back to 7 wins for them,  Saleh gets fired,  and Rodgers probably finally f's off to do his weird off season im smarter than everybody, pay attention to me sh*t fulltime,  and hopefully fades away into obscurity.

Jests have questions in a few key spots.  DLine may not be the everydown monster they were in previous seasons.  they lost some depth there.

OLine,  protecting that 40 year old world traveler/achilles survivor and fully inoculated alt hero is still not proven and full of guys who get injured all the time themselves.  should be fun.

I’m not sure how anyone believes Rodgers is going to be the answer for the Jets this year.  He last played football two years ago, and looked washed up then.  He’s now two years older and coming off an old man injury that is usually a career-ender for anyone over 28 years old.  I’m absolutely delighted that the Jets are running it back with him again.

Edited by mannc
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

On 8/30/2024 at 9:17 PM, bigduke6 said:

It disgusts me that he'll probably get a 100M podcast deal post NFL career like the Kelces

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, mannc said:

I’m not sure how anyone believes Rodgers is going to be the answer for the Jets this year.  He last played football two years ago, and looked washed up then.  He’s now two years older and coming off an old man injury that is usually a career-ender for anyone over 28 years old.  I’m absolutely delighted that the Jets are running it back with him again.

Yeah but its Aaron Rodgers. He's built different, he also has all the money in the world and the resources to try/take whatever he needs

17 hours ago, Mat68 said:

They have 2 guys on offense.  Their defense is very good. Id argue it is not as good as last season.  There pas rush has taken a step back.   

Thats two more guys on offense than we have lol. We have a RB who can't hold onto the ball, a kicker won't can't kick and no real WR

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

19 minutes ago, Gman10 said:

Yeah but its Aaron Rodgers. He's built different, he also has all the money in the world and the resources to try/take whatever he needs

Thats two more guys on offense than we have lol. We have a RB who can't hold onto the ball, a kicker won't can't kick and no real WR

For all of Rodgers' talent and ability, he's only taken his team to a single Super Bowl, and looked pretty mediocre in his last full season (2022), so he's certainly not  a superhero ... except in his own mind and the fantasies of Jests fans.

Joe Brady >>>> Nathaniel Hackett

Sean McDermott >>> Robert Saleh

Coaching counts.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1