“Jets are in complete disarray” - B/R Article

SCBills

1 hour ago, Billl said:

Congrats on assigning a take to me that I didn’t make and then attacking it.  Hall had 72% of his team’s rushing TDs and 52% of their rushing first downs.  Cook had 9% of the Bills rushing TDs and 34% of their first downs.  When their teams needed tough yards, Hall got the ball and Cook didn’t.  Whether Hall was effective or not, he got the ball in short yardage situations.  That lowers YPC (which is one of the least meaningful stats in the sport).

In fairness to Cook, Hall doesn’t have a 6’5 250lb mobile QB who gobbles up his opportunities in those situations like Cook has.

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, SCBills said:

Maybe I'm missing something, but this just seems like rehashing old news: Aaron Rodgers gave the NYJ a "wish list" of players to acquire, he got injured in the 1st game, he's missed mandatory minicamp and defends it as the minicamp designation being "arbitrary"

Was there actually new news or information in that article?

Rodgers is a legit 1st ballot HOF'er who, if he's recuperated and can stay healthy, makes the Jets an instant contender.   "Vitamin W" cures just about everything.

20 hours ago, Nelius said:

Wait I thought the 40 year old hippie-lite QB coming off injury was going to be  the difference maker? 

Hippies don't want him. He more a simple alien than anything else.

• Haha (+1) 1

Was there anything of actual substance in that article that we didn’t already know?  If Rogers sux? The Jets probably go down the tubes, although Taylor got another team we’re somewhat familiar with to the playoffs … if Rogers balls out?  Any perceived locker room discontent will quickly fade into nothingness. 

21 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

As with any anonymous source article you gotta take it with a grain of salt.  But…it doesn’t take a leap of the imagination to think there aren’t any issues with Rodger’s and the team there given how he has handled himself this offseason.  I can easily see some guys having an issue or not respecting how he has carried himself this offseason.  

I still think they are our biggest threat.  I hope the Niners smash them week 1 and demoralize the team some.  If they open with a bad loss it will magnify any negative energy that may be present around Rodger’s offseason and commitment.  And then you just hope the wheels keep coming off from there.  

But again, roster is so good that I still have to give them the nod as our biggest threat over Miami until I see otherwise on the field.

I think the Dolphins are the real threat as evidenced from last year and how they have continued to improve this year. 

They have star players at QB, RB, WRs.  They were a few plays away from winning the AFC East last year before we knocked them off and sent them to Kansas City. 

The Jets have been good on paper and got a few tough wins but lack the consistency and that will continue to hurt them. 

23 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Fair, but are there any examples that show they are a well-run organization?

If you listen to the media, Joe Douglas is the next Ozzie Newsome. The guy has done a terrible job putting a team together. 

51 minutes ago, ganesh said:

I think the Dolphins are the real threat as evidenced from last year and how they have continued to improve this year. 

They have star players at QB, RB, WRs.  They were a few plays away from winning the AFC East last year before we knocked them off and sent them to Kansas City. 

The Jets have been good on paper and got a few tough wins but lack the consistency and that will continue to hurt them. 

They lost their entire Defense and still dont have an offensive line, just to be able to pay their single-read QB and WRs.

Dolphins are paper tigers that might have some good games in the beginning, but will quickly turn into warm-weather cupcakes once winter hits.

• Agree 2

11 minutes ago, Johnnyp566 said:

If you listen to the media, Joe Douglas is the next Ozzie Newsome. The guy has done a terrible job putting a team together. 

26-58 and no playoff appearances tell a different story.

On 8/30/2024 at 5:57 AM, ganesh said:

All those star players are the same ones who have been there 2 years in a row.  Yet they have only 3 wins total in 2 seasons against teams with a winning record and barely made the playoffs two years in a row.  They beat up on bad teams and lose to good ones.  

And their roster is now worse as they added very little and lost a lot on defense.  So not seeing how they get “better” with a worse roster when they have already been a middling team 2 straight seasons.  

And the AFC and AFCE are all tougher this year than the past 2 years.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Billl said:

Cook had 6 TDs and 4 fumbles.  Hall had 9 TDs and 2 fumbles.  The 0.3 yards per touch extra that Cook gets is attributable to him not being used in short yardage situations.  If you think they’re similarly productive players, you don’t understand football.

Breece is known for his explosiveness.  That is why he was drafted before Cook.  Last season Hall had 3 more TDs.  They are not dis similar.  In modern football I am perfectly ok with multi backs in different roles.  That said this was about the overall Jets roster.  The “Elite”ness is questionable.  

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, Billl said:

Congrats on assigning a take to me that I didn’t make and then attacking it.  Hall had 72% of his team’s rushing TDs and 52% of their rushing first downs.  Cook had 9% of the Bills rushing TDs and 34% of their first downs.  When their teams needed tough yards, Hall got the ball and Cook didn’t.  Whether Hall was effective or not, he got the ball in short yardage situations.  That lowers YPC (which is one of the least meaningful stats in the sport).

Then what about his yards per reception?