“Jets are in complete disarray” - B/R Article

SCBills

29 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

As in 'to be reckoned with', or as in a raging dumpster fire? 😁

(Asking for the rest of the AFC East.)

I would say to be reckoned with since they have a better roster than the Bills and they beat us with Zac fn Wilson (again) last season. 

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, buffalo2218 said:

Yeah, I agree with the above. What baffles me about Miami was the signing of OBJ. They had/still have obvious issues in the trenches and basically wasted money and a roster spot to keep Beckham away from possibly signing with us or the Jets. They have good enough WRs without Beckham. Rodger’s approach to this offseason should be more concerning to the Jets than anything else. Not to mention their OL

I was pretty surprised that they signed him too and more surprised he went there with two guys entrenched at top and a deep run game that’s gonna get a lot of carries too.  

But the trenches are a mess in Miami, and it was already why they can’t beat good teams before they got even worse.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Draconator said:

The examples given are poor examples. I say nothing to see here. 

EXACTLY.. they mentioned NOTHING from training camp... they're just referring to minicamp in June... who cares. They're going to be good, they have very few weak spots (depth is a major weakness of theirs but their starting 22 is incredible) ... People just dont like AR and are trying to drive wedges.. nothing to see here. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I was pretty surprised that they signed him too and more surprised he went there with two guys entrenched at top and a deep run game that’s gonna get a lot of carries too.  

But the trenches are a mess in Miami, and it was already why they can’t beat good teams before they got even worse.

Only reason he went there was to get paid. No state tax plus he can practically have the best seat in the house since everyone knows Hill will always be Tua’s first read. By the time he looks Beckham’s way, he’s more than likely sacked

"An anonymous NFL agent..."

I love to pile on the Jets as much as anyone, but how many times have we seen "anonymous NFL something says ____ about Josh Allen," and immediately dismissed it? 

Rodgers is definitely a tool, but I'm not taking anything some rando says seriously just because I want to hear it 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

As in 'to be reckoned with', or as in a raging dumpster fire? 😁

(Asking for the rest of the AFC East.)

To be reckoned with. They have a decent SOS, a great D, a great QB and a very very good RB

4 hours ago, Billl said:

I’m not interested in reading the article, but I do feel like a lot of Bills fans take for granted what having a competent, professional front office means to a franchise. You can argue over whether or not McDermott and Beane are good enough to win a championship, but a dozen front offices every year are complete clown shows. If nothing else, they’ve elevated the franchise beyond that category. 

Say what now?

James cook averaged more yards per touch than Breece Hall last season.  

5 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

James cook averaged more yards per touch than Breece Hall last season.  

Cook had 6 TDs and 4 fumbles.  Hall had 9 TDs and 2 fumbles.  The 0.3 yards per touch extra that Cook gets is attributable to him not being used in short yardage situations.  If you think they’re similarly productive players, you don’t understand football.

Edited by Billl
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I wouldn't be shocked to see the Jets get off to a fast 5-2ish start only to fade down the stretch due to age, injury, and bad coaching. Their roster is heavy on vets and injury prone players, those types of teams start fast and fade. 

• Agree 2

38 minutes ago, Billl said:

The 0.3 yards per touch extra that Cook gets is attributable to him not being used in short yardage situations.

Breece Hall of course is famous for his short yardage skills. Great take from you as usual.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

There were also reports that the Jets camp was great and everyone was happy. Few ways this is going to happen:

- Rodgers is a washed up weirdo. Hurts chemistry, starts calling everyone out, Saleh gets fired, and they have to find a new qb next year. 

- one of the most talented rosters in the nfl can get even average qb play after the worst in the nfl last year from a former 3 time MVP, they are one of the most dangerous teams in the nfl. And LI bros become ever more annoying. 

let’s just hope the Jests stay the Jests. I can’t handle their fans if they ever become good. 

I think the truth is somewhere in between. I do think when Rodgers is healthy and playing Rodgers will give them above average QB play which is a huge upgrade for them but I also think the Jets are relying on a lot of injury prone players on bad turf. I have the Jets going 10-7 and being the wildcard 6th seed. I have the Bills going 11-6 and being the 4 seed.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Breece Hall of course is famous for his short yardage skills. Great take from you as usual.

Congrats on assigning a take to me that I didn’t make and then attacking it.  Hall had 72% of his team’s rushing TDs and 52% of their rushing first downs.  Cook had 9% of the Bills rushing TDs and 34% of their first downs.  When their teams needed tough yards, Hall got the ball and Cook didn’t.  Whether Hall was effective or not, he got the ball in short yardage situations.  That lowers YPC (which is one of the least meaningful stats in the sport).

LOL.  An anonymous post to counter the crazy Jets expectations gets everyone riled up.

Could be true, then again maybe not.  Bottom line is this.

NO ONE KNOWS HOW AARON RODGERS WILL PLAY THIS YEAR.

Watch the games and find out.