“Jets are in complete disarray” - B/R Article

SCBills

It's amazing what they pass off as journalism nowadays. A 19-year veteran misses minicamp, and the team is in total disarray. I'm pretty sure Rodgers would retire before playing on a bona fide train wreck of team. 

• Haha (+1) 1

There were also reports that the Jets camp was great and everyone was happy. Few ways this is going to happen:

- Rodgers is a washed up weirdo. Hurts chemistry, starts calling everyone out, Saleh gets fired, and they have to find a new qb next year. 

- one of the most talented rosters in the nfl can get even average qb play after the worst in the nfl last year from a former 3 time MVP, they are one of the most dangerous teams in the nfl. And LI bros become ever more annoying. 

let’s just hope the Jests stay the Jests. I can’t handle their fans if they ever become good. 

6 minutes ago, skibum said:

It's amazing what they pass off as journalism nowadays. A 19-year veteran misses minicamp, and the team is in total disarray. I'm pretty sure Rodgers would retire before playing on a bona fide train wreck of team. 

Super competitive Aaron Rodgers QUIT rather than keep playing? Who does he have to come home to that loves him? Think about that. The guy isn't a normal guy, he's a mental case.

• Thank you (+1) 2

"Per Fox Sports, Rodgers admitted that his absence was because of a trip to Egypt, which he planned based on the previous year's minicamp schedule."

In Rodger's defense, the pyramids may not be around that much longer.

It’s so nice to hear, crap ownership, a heavily over paid total stoner QB, that is evidently a cancer on the team, it’s totally awesome 😁👍

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

It’s so nice to hear, crap ownership, a heavily over paid total stoner QB, that is evidently a cancer on the team, it’s totally awesome 😁👍

sounds like beautiful music to my ears.  Jets keep on Jetting, and thats a good thing.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

While you still gotta respect Miami, I personally am less concerned about them this year.  With a better roster the past 2 seasons than they have this year, Miami went on a late season skid to have to sneak in playoffs on final week of season.  

They have only 2 wins in 2 seasons to teams over .500 and one was a pretender team in Dallas, and the other was against us week 3 in 2022 under extreme heat conditions where at one point we had something like 15 players out from injuries or heat issues.  Tommy Doyle had to play the final 5 snaps of the game on a torn ACL because we only had 4 offensive lineman and it’s why they couldn’t get set 1 second sooner for the game winning FG that caused Dorsey to blow up in the booth.

Now Miami has lost their entire front 7 essentially without any major impact additions to the team this year.  Add in a much tougher AFC with the return of Burrow, Rodger’s, Richardson, etc to go with all that already established good teams, and I think Miami has a good shot to miss the playoffs.  

Still gotta respect the offensive potential of course, but it hasn’t helped them the past 2 years to do much other than beat up on and rack up stats against bad teams then lose to good ones.

Yeah, I agree with the above. What baffles me about Miami was the signing of OBJ. They had/still have obvious issues in the trenches and basically wasted money and a roster spot to keep Beckham away from possibly signing with us or the Jets. They have good enough WRs without Beckham. Rodger’s approach to this offseason should be more concerning to the Jets than anything else. Not to mention their OL

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

There were also reports that the Jets camp was great and everyone was happy. Few ways this is going to happen:

- Rodgers is a washed up weirdo. Hurts chemistry, starts calling everyone out, Saleh gets fired, and they have to find a new qb next year. 

- one of the most talented rosters in the nfl can get even average qb play after the worst in the nfl last year from a former 3 time MVP, they are one of the most dangerous teams in the nfl. And LI bros become ever more annoying. 

let’s just hope the Jests stay the Jests. I can’t handle their fans if they ever become good. 

Hold on are they one of the top rosters?  Or are NYJ fans in the media saying they are? Oline? Besides Wilson who do they have at wr?   Breece Hall is good but last season James Cook was more productive and averaged more per touch.  No one claims Cooks is a top 5 back.  TE Conklin?  He is not top 10.  Dline they have Quinten Williams and?  Lost Huff and Franklin Meyers their top pass rushers and replaced them with?  Linebaker is Mosley and?  Secondary is good.  2 solid corner out wide.  Slot and Saftey is who?    

I would argue Aaron had a better team around him in Greebay his last season.    They missed the playoffs in an average division and Rodgers looked old.  Coming off a major injury north of 40 doesnt scream optimism.  

• Like (+1) 2

It's true that there is some speculation in the article, but clearly Rodgers has a strong sense of entitlement, and his concept of team seems to be that it revolves around him.  The Jets have opted for big name talent to try and overtake the Bills.  I don't know if there have been times when that strategy worked, but I do know there are times when it has failed spectacularly.  I'm hoping for the latter, or course.

I’m not interested in reading the article, but I do feel like a lot of Bills fans take for granted what having a competent, professional front office means to a franchise. You can argue over whether or not McDermott and Beane are good enough to win a championship, but a dozen front offices every year are complete clown shows. If nothing else, they’ve elevated the franchise beyond that category. 

59 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Breece Hall is good but last season James Cook was more productive

Say what now?

• Agree 2