“Jets are in complete disarray” - B/R Article

SCBills

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

As with any anonymous source article you gotta take it with a grain of salt.  But…it doesn’t take a leap of the imagination to think there aren’t any issues with Rodger’s and the team there given how he has handled himself this offseason.  I can easily see some guys having an issue or not respecting how he has carried himself this offseason.  

I still think they are our biggest threat.  I hope the Niners smash them week 1 and demoralize the team some.  If they open with a bad loss it will magnify any negative energy that may be present around Rodger’s offseason and commitment.  And then you just hope the wheels keep coming off from there.  

But again, roster is so good that I still have to give them the nod as our biggest threat over Miami until I see otherwise on the field.

I agree - but I think Miami is right there with the Jets. Gonna be a 3 team battle all year this season for the Division.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Not a shot at the OP, more a shot at modern media generally - this is not a "B/R article" - Bleacher Report just took one snippet from this article in this morning's Athletic:

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5629974/2024/08/29/nfl-agent-survey-best-worst-franchises-patrick-mahomes-dak-prescott/

B/R just took one quote from an agent in the article and are using it to generate their own headlines and revenue from it.

And AI probably wrote it.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Beast said:

I want the 49ers to obliterate the Jets opening week. I mean absolutely CRUSH them.

They do have an easy week 2-5 but you hope they beat up the Jets a little.

I will say this: I think the 49ers win but it will be closer. Aiyuk is MIA and Trent Williams may not play... that will absolutely hurt the 49ers. CMC to the left side for 5 yards isn't there without Big Trent

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

I agree - but I think Miami is right there with the Jets. Gonna be a 3 team battle all year this season for the Division.

While you still gotta respect Miami, I personally am less concerned about them this year.  With a better roster the past 2 seasons than they have this year, Miami went on a late season skid to have to sneak in playoffs on final week of season.  

They have only 2 wins in 2 seasons to teams over .500 and one was a pretender team in Dallas, and the other was against us week 3 in 2022 under extreme heat conditions where at one point we had something like 15 players out from injuries or heat issues.  Tommy Doyle had to play the final 5 snaps of the game on a torn ACL because we only had 4 offensive lineman and it’s why they couldn’t get set 1 second sooner for the game winning FG that caused Dorsey to blow up in the booth.

Now Miami has lost their entire front 7 essentially without any major impact additions to the team this year.  Add in a much tougher AFC with the return of Burrow, Rodger’s, Richardson, etc to go with all that already established good teams, and I think Miami has a good shot to miss the playoffs.  

Still gotta respect the offensive potential of course, but it hasn’t helped them the past 2 years to do much other than beat up on and rack up stats against bad teams then lose to good ones.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Beast said:

I want the 49ers to obliterate the Jets opening week. I mean absolutely CRUSH them.

My wife is a die hard Niners fan, and she likes the Bills, and she absolutely hates Rodgers lol.

Our house is gonna be lit and AMPED UP for this game so much it might make wife go into labor a few weeks early 😂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

I find it so ironic that Leonard Floyd (Our Bill last year) who ended Rodgers season last year is opening against him again as a 49'er.

If I'm Floyd I am trash talking Aaron big time pregame that he's going to break his other Achilles this year too!

Mental warfare baby! 

It's gotta be in Rodgers head for sure looking across that line come the opener. 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Jets gonna Jets.  This is Haasan Riddick’s agent right?  Backing out of negotiating because player didnt report.   Checks notes, the team didnt negotiate after initial offer which was rejected up front leading to the player not reporting.  Watching ESPN gas up the Jets for a massive melt down is always enjoyable. 

1 hour ago, Malazan said:

It's bleacher report. It's literally on the same level as this forum.

Hah!

I read the report.  There is one - and only one - piece of news in it:  some unnamed agent said the Jets are in disarray and it's because of Rodgers.  There's no confirmation.  There's no detail as to the nature of the "disarray" and how Rodgers is responsible for it.  All of the rest of the article is about how Rodgers missed some early OTAs and how - supposedly - he made some demands about players he wanted acquired. 

It's time for football to get started so we can stop sucking up this junk news. 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

Article is BS. Can't believe I read that (not that there was much substance).

There is nothing going on about this in the NY Post, Daily News, Newsday, or even the NJ papers like Bergen Record or Star Ledger. Nothing about it on WFAN either. 

35 minutes ago, PonyBoy said:

I find it so ironic that Leonard Floyd (Our Bill last year) who ended Rodgers season last year is opening against him again as a 49'er.

If I'm Floyd I am trash talking Aaron big time pregame that he's going to break his other Achilles this year too!

Mental warfare baby! 

It's gotta be in Rodgers head for sure looking across that line come the opener. 

I agree but too bad Floyd is injured. I don't think he will be playing week 1 but I could be wrong.

Update: "He should play" according to Shannahan.

Edited by Dillenger4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I don't really put much stock in the "disarray" element of this story. But the level hubris involved is pretty stunning. I don't generally put much stock in season openers, either, but the Jets starting their season in San Francisco, on MNF, is likely to have a huge impact on their season, win, or lose.