“Jets are in complete disarray” - B/R Article

SCBills

He was loathe to take a hit in that NFCCG against the 49'ers a few years ago, when he could have run it in for a TD and instead threw an incomplete pass.  I can't imagine that will have done anything but gotten worse with a busted wheel.

• Like (+1) 1

Most of the Jets bashing is centered on their offense. That is legit.

Let's not forget the Jets D is formidable. As long as that D is intact, the games with the Bills will be uncomfortably close.

If McD had the Jets D roster, he would be in the Superbowl.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gman10 said:

Yeah but its Aaron Rodgers. He's built different, he also has all the money in the world and the resources to try/take whatever he needs

Thats two more guys on offense than we have lol. We have a RB who can't hold onto the ball, a kicker won't can't kick and no real WR

Hall is not significantly better than Cook. Add is Kincaid, Shakir, Coleman and Samuel Buffalo is deeper than NYJ offensively. Next best player for the Jets is Conklin?  Knox has had a better career to this point.  They wont be an easy out but they are a larger house of cards than Buffalo.  I think Rodgers team in Green bay was better and they under achieved his final year there.  I expect a similar to slightly worst outcome in NY due to media pressure on Saleh.  Ugly loss to San Fran and it gets very loud. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Hall is not significantly better than Cook. Add is Kincaid, Shakir, Coleman and Samuel Buffalo is deeper than NYJ offensively. Next best player for the Jets is Conklin?  Knox has had a better career to this point.  They wont be an easy out but they are a larger house of cards than Buffalo.  I think Rodgers team in Green bay was better and they under achieved his final year there.  I expect a similar to slightly worst outcome in NY due to media pressure on Saleh.  Ugly loss to San Fran and it gets very loud. 

He is better in every way. Catching, running, acceleration.

Garrett Wilson is their next best player. Mike Williams is pretty good to for the 7 games he's healthy. They also spent the off-season making sure their O-Line was better. 

However; I think Rodgers is cooked and the team will start off 3-2 or 4-1 and then implode

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, boater said:

Most of the Jets bashing is centered on their offense. That is legit.

Let's not forget the Jets D is formidable. As long as that D is intact, the games with the Bills will be uncomfortably close.

If McD had the Jets D roster, he would be in the Superbowl.

Without Huff their pass rush has taken a step back.  Franklin Meyers was always around Allen and he is gone.  Without Hassan Reddick the pass rush is a question mark.  That takes away from the defense.  Are they good?  Absolutely.  Are they by far the best in the league?  I cant say that.  If the defense slips slightly that offsets some perceived offensive improvement.  

Another way of looking at it.  How much does a 40 year old coming off a torn achilles impact the offense? I cant say he is worth is 4 wins.  2-3 sure but 9-8 and 10-7 imo would be considered a disappointment.  Expecting 5-7 wins improvement is not rational.  Maybe 30 year old Rodgers, but he doesnt have the same mobility/escape ability before the injury.    

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

Garrett Wilson is their next best player. Mike Williams is pretty good to for the 7 games he's healthy. They also spent the off-season making sure their O-Line was better. 

However; I think Rodgers is cooked and the team will start off 3-2 or 4-1 and then implode

Cook had more scrimmage yards, higher yards per carry and higher yards per catch.  I am not saying Cook is better but the difference in the players are not drastic.  Yes, Wilson is a premier talent and after you have Williams.  Always hurt.  Tyron Smith at OT always hurt.  They have question marks and injury concerns everywhere not name Hall, Wilson, Mosley, Reed and Sauce.     

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

Williams is still recovering from his ACL tear and will likely be hampered by it physically, if not mentally all year..  As for their OL, Rodgers will be protected by two 33-year old tackles, one of whom hasn't been able to stay healthy in 8 seasons and who has played fewer than 45% of the game the past 4 years.

• Like (+1) 2

On 8/31/2024 at 2:25 PM, SoTier said:

They also have Robert Saleh who hasn't yet demonstrated he's a legitimate NFL HC with an 18-33 record over 3 seasons.

Salah is a such a blowhard. Remember how he was keeping receipts and then was going to go through everyone’s phone to determine who was leaking stuff to the media? He has no control over his team, coaches and FO and has no record to back up his own mouth. 

Now he’s banking on a 40 year old, “maybe I’ll retire until I get the attention I do desperately crave”, in order to get a wildcard? 

He has a 2-4 record against the Bills

He has. 1-5 record again Miami

He has a 1-5 record against NE

The Jets also the worst offensive coordinator in the NFL that they wanted to replace but ole man Rodgers said no. 

Yeah they’ve played Josh tough, but Josh has also embarrassed them multiple times and won 4 games  by an average of 3 scores

Edited by Captain Hindsight
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Salah is a such a blowhard. Remember how he was keeping receipts and then was going to go through everyone’s phone to determine who was leaking stuff to the media? He has no control over his team, coaches and FO and has no record to back up his own mouth. 

Now he’s banking on a 40 year old, “maybe I’ll retire until I get the attention I do desperately crave”, in order to get a wildcard? 

He has a 2-4 record against the Bills

He has. 1-5 record again Miami

He has a 1-5 record against NE

The Jets also the worst offensive coordinator in the NFL that they wanted to replace but ole man Rodgers said no. 

Yeah they’ve played Josh tough, but Josh has also embarrassed them multiple times and won 4 games  by an average of 3 scores

Saleh is a fraud. I remember when we destroyed the 49ers in SF and he was supposed to be a defensive genius.

Mind blowing to me he didn’t get fired after last year. 

On 8/29/2024 at 10:29 AM, SCBills said:

It’s based on an anonymous agent speaking to Ben Standig of The Athletic.

Not sure if that’s any better or not.. but that’s where it’s coming from.  

I read that as based on a fabrication.

10 hours ago, Gman10 said:

Correct me if Im wrong, but didn't the Jets beat us last year? You guys are making it seem like they can't touch us

Split with them the last two years.

2023 - 22-16 OT loss at MetLife. Won 32-6 in OP.

2022 - 20-17 loss at MetLife. Won 20-12 in OP.

• Like (+1) 2

On 9/2/2024 at 9:18 PM, Gman10 said:

Correct me if Im wrong, but didn't the Jets beat us last year? You guys are making it seem like they can't touch us

Yes, Allen throws 3 picks they will not win those games. If he does not Buffalo has a very good chance at winning.  

Rich Cimini on X: "On the Tyler Conklin, Quincy Williams restructures: Conklin cap charge goes from $9.3M to $5.6M. Williams goes from $7.2M to $3.3M. They were simple restructures. No added years, no new money, just a renegotiation bonus/lower '24 base. Saves the #Jets about $7.6M in cap space." / X

Trying to free up money to sign Reddick