“Jets are in complete disarray” - B/R Article

SCBills

Just now, Malazan said:

It's bleacher report. It's literally on the same level as this forum.

It’s based on an anonymous agent speaking to Ben Standig of The Athletic.

Not sure if that’s any better or not.. but that’s where it’s coming from.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SCBills said:

It’s based on an anonymous agent speaking to Ben Standig of The Athletic.

Not sure if that’s any better or not.. but that’s where it’s coming from.  

Haason Reddick's agent putting in work today.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Draconator said:

The examples given are poor examples. I say nothing to see here. 

I’d agree.  It seems to be projection from an agent on what he believes is going on over there. 

Jets fans seem to think this is coming from Reddick’s camp. 

…which if true, would actually be better evidence of “disarray”. 

• Like (+1) 8

They are going all in for 2024. If they fail this year then they are in trouble as they don't have a QB for the future. Rodgers is good (maybe) this season if he stays healthy. Tyrod Taylor isn't the long-term answer either. They better hope that Jordan Travis is the future otherwise back to QB hell they go.

Not a shot at the OP, more a shot at modern media generally - this is not a "B/R article" - Bleacher Report just took one snippet from this article in this morning's Athletic:

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5629974/2024/08/29/nfl-agent-survey-best-worst-franchises-patrick-mahomes-dak-prescott/

B/R just took one quote from an agent in the article and are using it to generate their own headlines and revenue from it.

Edited by Coach Tuesday
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Malazan said:

It's bleacher report. It's literally on the same level as this forum.

They quote an article from the Athletic, which quotes a player agent, and also references a thoroughly researched and expansive Athletic article from months ago.

It's from a reputable source. It's also not really new information -- other than the quote from the agent.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

As with any anonymous source article you gotta take it with a grain of salt.  But…it doesn’t take a leap of the imagination to think there aren’t any issues with Rodger’s and the team there given how he has handled himself this offseason.  I can easily see some guys having an issue or not respecting how he has carried himself this offseason.  

I still think they are our biggest threat.  I hope the Niners smash them week 1 and demoralize the team some.  If they open with a bad loss it will magnify any negative energy that may be present around Rodger’s offseason and commitment.  And then you just hope the wheels keep coming off from there.  

But again, roster is so good that I still have to give them the nod as our biggest threat over Miami until I see otherwise on the field.

• Like (+1) 4