Metamorphosis year

9 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Perhaps his production went down just as we got a new and clueless OC that deemphasized him?

And for the record I’m not defending Diggs; I’m lamenting the fact that we had a viable stable of weapons and now we do not.  Diggs has been made public enemy number one for no realistic reason.  Did he play a role in the diminishment of our offense?  Sure.  But so did McD, Beane, Brady, Allen and more.  Our offense is weaker.  That’s the bottom line.

You are absolutely defending Diggs. Not only in this thread but in others too. I don't agree that the Bills had to put up with his tiring act. 

I do agree that the overall roster is much weaker than last year. The mistake was not in trading Diggs, it was in not finding equivalent or better ones to replace him 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

You are absolutely defending Diggs. Not only in this thread but in others too. I don't agree that the Bills had to put up with his tiring act. 

I do agree that the overall roster is much weaker than last year. The mistake was not in trading Diggs, it was in not finding equivalent or better ones to replace him 

The ridiculous amount of blame heaped upon Diggs on these pages is a coping mechanism and it’s gaslighting.  It’s not reality based.  I suppose you can say I’m defending Diggs.  I get that.   In reality it stands out because the herd mentality is that he is now public enemy number one.  Example:  There a new thread about the Bills needing to get under the cap.  Guess who got blamed.  The thoughts I’ve shared on Diggs are more a reaction to garbage like that.

What’s next?  Inflation?  His car burns too much greenhouse gas?

Diggs should get some share of the blame for what is likely to be a tough year. So should Beane, McD, Brady the puppet, Von, Dawkins, Cook, and trigger warning…..our QB who still seems to prefer goofing around to preparation but at least he’ll be ready for his Australian vacation now that he knows how to throw a boomerang.

I hear you about finding a suitable replacement but that was not realistic in 2024.  Next year?  Maybe.  Until then we’ll have to “enjoy” this group of receivers.  Diggs and Davis will still be able to help people’s fantasy teams though.

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Disagree 1

4 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

The ridiculous amount of blame heaped upon Diggs on these pages is a coping mechanism and it’s gaslighting.  It’s not reality based.  I suppose you can say I’m defending Diggs.  I get that.   In reality it stands out because the herd mentality is that he is now public enemy number one.  Example:  There a new thread about the Bills needing to get under the cap.  Guess who got blamed.  The thoughts I’ve shared on Diggs are more a reaction to garbage like that.

What’s next?  Inflation?  His car burns too much greenhouse gas?

Diggs should get some share of the blame for what is likely to be a tough year. So should Beane, McD, Brady the puppet, Von, Dawkins, Cook, and trigger warning…..our QB who still seems to prefer goofing around to preparation but at least he’ll be ready for his Australian vacation now that he knows how to throw a boomerang.

I hear you about finding a suitable replacement but that was not realistic in 2024.  Next year?  Maybe.  Until then we’ll have to “enjoy” this group of receivers.  Diggs and Davis will still be able to help people’s fantasy teams though.

One of 4 things happened to Diggs last year. 1. He gave up.

2. He was injured.

3. Skills declined.

4. OC skeemed away from him. 

During the season I thought he had a injury. There was talk about his back. I recently watched the first Miami game and it may have been one of his best for us, so I doubt his skills declined to what we saw at the end of the year. Maybe Brady did get away from him because he felt he couldn’t trust him anymore. He was taking himself out at a high rate especially 3rd downs.  If there was friction between him and Allen it wouldn’t be hard for a coach to notice. Have to ask why would he want to do that, why would he direct the offense away from what should have been his most dynamic playmaker? It will also be pretty evident skills wise by his performance this year if he was dogging it or he has declined. 
I am with the group that thinks Beane dropped the ball not building a better receiving corps this year.

5 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Or maybe Brady is a snowflake and got his feeeeeeeeeelings hurt and took it out on Diggs.

That’s a childish uneducated view, Brady would hurt his own employment opportunity because his supposed star player hurt his feelings? He coach in an intern position is gonna sink his own ship? Laughable at best , do you read what you write?