Former Vikings safety Lewis Cine pivots from Jets, will sign to Bills practice squad

Roundybout

1 hour ago, mollymalonesmafia said:

Yes. So good hes on the practice squad. Huge signing

Heard he broke his leg in his rookie year, but according to rumors he has talent, the broken leg would certainly account for the PS time, 

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

wait are you serious?  I can’t tell. Incredible story if so 😂

Yeah I mean I can't say I'm proud that my 30 year old self was drunkenly heckling a 20 year old. When he came over I cowered in fear. But he was cool. 

34 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Heard he broke his leg in his rookie year, but according to rumors he has talent, the broken leg would certainly account for the PS time, 

That's what I heard too.

Missed most of his rookie year with the broken leg and the next year the Vikes were deep in the secondary so it was tough for him to latch on.

This is a can't lose signing. If there is an injury he could be playing sooner than we expect 

Edited by JakeFrommStateFarm
  • Agree 1

With Belichick out of the NFL, I don't know if any coach is better at developing secondary than McDermott.

McDermott is elite with safeties. Hyde and Poyer weren't top safeties before they got here. I'm not getting my hopes up with Cine. But if anyone can turn him into a star, it's McDermott. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

WARNING DO NOT WATCH THE VIDEO IF YOU'RE A BIT SQUEEMISH

it was a severe compound fracture from what I read. He has been in and out of the Vikings lineup since drafted being on IR for much of it.

Great low risk high reward signing. 

What surgery did Lewis Cine have?

compound fracture

(October 4, 2022) – Lewis Cine underwent successful surgery today to repair the compound fracture he suffered during Sunday's game. The surgery was performed by Dr. Aswinkumar (Ash) Vasireddy, the Orthopedic Trauma Group Lead Surgeon at Cleveland Clinic London.Oct 4, 2022

https://youtu.be/aWpbDBMwZWQ?si=geHT42prMT3y7bNk

Edited by ddaryl

Massive upside.   The new secondary coach recruited him out of highschool and developed him into a 1st rd pick?.  He can hopefully restore his confidence.  If he regain some of his explosiveness with more

time from his injury he could be a contributor sooner rather than later.  

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

WARNING DO NOT WATCH THE VIDEO IF YOUR A BIT SQUEEMISH

it was a severe compound fracture from what I read. He has been in and out of the Vikings lineup since drafted being on IR for much of it.

Great low risk high reward signing. 

https://youtu.be/aWpbDBMwZWQ?si=geHT42prMT3y7bNk

Thanks for the info 👍

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Roundybout said:

Checking his scouting report, he was mostly knocked for being average size and having poor technique on his back pedal. The latter is fixable so maybe we can do something with him.

He's taller than both Hyde and Poyer, and they did all right.  He was a bit slender coming out of college at 199 lbs.  I don't know whether his frame would allow him to carry more weight or not.  It's hard to imagine him not being able to add 10 lbs of muscle.

Edited by BigAl2526

20 minutes ago, GASabresIUFan said:

Who are they releasing from the practice squad to make room for Cine?

I believe they had an open spot, since Jonathon is now considered International Pathways and thus he counts as a 17th.  If they end up signing that WR from Denver they would need to open a spot.

35 minutes ago, GASabresIUFan said:

Who are they releasing from the practice squad to make room for Cine?

13 minutes ago, FLFan said:

I believe they had an open spot, since Jonathon is now considered International Pathways and thus he counts as a 17th.  If they end up signing that WR from Denver they would need to open a spot.

Yep. Exactly this. They'll only need to open a Practice Squad spot if Virgil signs, which it sounds as though that move may be imminent. 

Interesting that a safety and a WR chose our PS over other suitors. Goes to show that those two position groups really are seen as weaknesses by the league at large, if agents are telling their clients they'll have their best shot in Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

27 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Interesting that a safety and a WR chose our PS over other suitors. Goes to show that those two position groups really are seen as weaknesses by the league at large, if agents are telling their clients they'll have their best shot in Buffalo.

These things our own eyes have seen.