Former Vikings safety Lewis Cine pivots from Jets, will sign to Bills practice squad

Roundybout

I saw something after he was released talking about how badly we overrated the players on that Georgia D :

- Lewis Cine (1st round)

- Travon Walker (1st overall)

- Nakobe Dean (3rd round)

- Quay Walker (1st round)

- Channing Tindall (3rd round)

- Kelee Ringo (early 4th)

With that being said, perfect guy to add to the PS.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

So he’s good then?

13 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I saw something after he was released talking about how badly we overrated the players on that Georgia D :

- Lewis Cine (1st round)

- Travon Walker (1st overall)

- Nakobe Dean (3rd round)

- Quay Walker (1st round)

- Channing Tindall (3rd round)

- Kelee Ringo (early 4th)

With that being said, perfect guy to add to the PS.

Not all of us. I liked Dean the best of that group and had a 1st/2nd borderline grade on him. The rest I was lower than the consensus on all of then. Was an overrated group.

EDIT: not so say Cine isn't a good shot for a team with safety questions like the Bills to take just for the avoidance of doubt. I like it. Just never thought he was a first round talent.

EDIT2: I just checked actually was a late 1 on Nakobe Dean. Of that group I had

Cine (2nd); T. Walker (2nd/3rd); Dean (1st); Q. Walker (3rd); Tindall (5th); Ringo (4th). I also had 2nds on Devonte Wyatt (who I think has justified it so far) and Jordan Davis (who hasn't).

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 3

Went to a Georgia game once and a drunken me heckled him while he was going through warmups. Don't remember exactly what I said but it was something about how he wasn't good enough to play in the SEC. He ended up coming over to talk to me and told me when he's in the NFL he'll get me tickets and I can say all that to him again. Need my tickets Lewis 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I mean he hasn’t done much clearly but if there are two people to get a DB up to their potential, McDermott and Babich are those guys. 

Im assuming this means that Kareem Jackson is being let go to make room for him. It’s still a good flyer esp with Hamlin and Edwards having 1 year left on their deal 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, stlbills13 said:

Went to a Georgia game once and a drunken me heckled him while he was going through warmups. Don't remember exactly what I said but it was something about how he wasn't good enough to play in the SEC. He ended up coming over to talk to me and told me when he's in the NFL he'll get me tickets and I can say all that to him again. Need my tickets Lewis 

Ya better buy his jersey :)

7 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Checking his scouting report, he was mostly knocked for being average size and having poor technique on his back pedal. The latter is fixable so maybe we can do something with him.

Agreed.   He really didnt see the field much as a Viking, so maybe its a case of not being given a chance because he didnt mesh with coaching staff.   He is an absolute burner athletically.    Odd he was knocked for his size.   Pretty much what you look for in a Safety.   Was it because he is tall and maybe too thin?

2 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Agreed.   He really didnt see the field much as a Viking, so maybe its a case of not being given a chance because he didnt mesh with coaching staff.   He is an absolute burner athletically.    Odd he was knocked for his size.   Pretty much what you look for in a Safety.   Was it because he is tall and maybe too thin?

Beats me, Lance Zierlein knocked him for “average size.” He might be a little slight for his height.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/lewis-cine/32004349-4e66-8075-a009-a60b6f3b4838

3 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Single digit defense snaps percentage, but about 45% of SP-Teams snaps. 

34 minutes ago, stlbills13 said:

He showed you!  🤣