Bobby Babich to call Bills' Defense

On 9/3/2024 at 10:37 PM, Doc said:

Dennison yup and I think was a "I couldn't get anyone else" and was gone after a/McD's first year.  Crossman he inherited and was gone after year 2.  So that's 2 of the 4 within McD's first 2 years.  Dorsey, yup but was also gone fairly quickly and in time to salvage the season.

Dennison was McDermott's 4th choice. It isn't an opinion that getting decent OCs to come to Buffalo to coach Tyrod Taylor was difficult. It's a proven fact. 

His first choice was Mike McCoy though who sucks far worse than Dennison. Dennison is a good coach who knows football but is a pretty meat and potatoes play caller, McCoy is trash. 2nd choice was Rob Chudzinski but he decided to stay with the Colts. 3rd choice was Brad Childress, who might have been a decent short term option, but the Chiefs wouldn't let him interview (this was the era when every assistant job was considered a lateral move). 

• Like (+1) 2

It is a good film but they have had good films on coaches who have been let go.  

They need a satire one of Rex with a mask on being lackadaisical talking about hiring coaches to do the job so he can do the things he wants to like watching baseball games.  The Bills won't but maybe someone will put together one to demonstrate their production and directing skills and post it on Youtube or on a football blogger site.

2 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I know they are hype pieces from the in-house media team as much as anything but I just watched this and the Joe Brady one from a week or so back. Confirms what @Kirby Jackson and I were discussing yesterday IMO. They are both exactly the sort of personality that NFL owners are wanting to hire at the moment as Head Coaches. It won't take a ton of success for the Bills in the next year or so for both of them to be right at the top of interview wish lists in the next couple of hiring seasons. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Dennison was McDermott's 4th choice. It isn't an opinion that getting decent OCs to come to Buffalo to coach Tyrod Taylor was difficult. It's a proven fact. 

His first choice was Mike McCoy though who sucks far worse than Dennison. Dennison is a good coach who knows football but is a pretty meat and potatoes play caller, McCoy is trash. 2nd choice was Rob Chudzinski but he decided to stay with the Colts. 3rd choice was Brad Childress, who might have been a decent short term option, but the Chiefs wouldn't let him interview (this was the era when every assistant job was considered a lateral move). 

The Dennison hire was completely odd annd never seemed like a long term from the start.   Unlike Leslie Frazier he had no connections to McDermott.  Also his West Coast offense was a poor match for a QB like Tyrod.  

McDermott gets a ton of crap got passing on Mahomes but it’s no wonder he didn’t want to place his coaching future with Rick Dennison grooming his franchise QB.  

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I know they are hype pieces from the in-house media team as much as anything but I just watched this and the Joe Brady one from a week or so back. Confirms what @Kirby Jackson and I were discussing yesterday IMO. They are both exactly the sort of personality that NFL owners are wanting to hire at the moment as Head Coaches. It won't take a ton of success for the Bills in the next year or so for both of them to be right at the top of interview wish lists in the next couple of hiring seasons. 

Cmon man, haven’t you heard, Babich was only hired to be the sacrificial lamb.  Why would he be hired over a DC with play calling experience? Get with the program.