Your newest Buffalo Bill... WR Jalen Virgil!

10 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

How about this Virgil, instead?

image.png.526cd87ca9f30f56209142bba94dda6b.png

[In the voice of Dusty Rhodes]

Let me tell ya somethin’, baby, when you talk about hard times, you talk about them Buffalo Bills, and you talk about Brandon Beane puttin’ hard times on that wide receiver corps! Hard times is when ya got that superstar quarterback, Josh Allen, throwin’ those deep balls, but MVS—Marquez Valdes-Scantling, baby—he’s out there droppin’ passes like they’re hot potatoes in the fourth quarter! That’s hard times, daddy!

And don’t get me started on Mack Hollins! Oh, Mack Hollins, he’s out there tryin’ to be the man, but instead of catchin’ passes, he’s out here runnin’ barefoot and eating spaghetti with his hands instead of gettin in the end zone, daddy! You can’t win games doin that, baby; you gotta catch that ball!

Brandon Beane, he’s in the trenches, tryin’ to piece together this receiver corps, tryin’ to find that magic that’ll take them Bills to the promised land. But right now, they’re walkin’ through the valley of hard times, baby, where every drop, every misstep, every flex that don’t end in a touchdown—it’s all adding to them hard times!

But lemme tell ya, the American Dream knows about hard times, and he knows they don’t last forever! Brandon Beane’s out there workin’ hard, scratchin’ and clawin’ to turn them hard times into high times, baby! The Bills Mafia’s standin’ tall, and we know, just like Dusty Rhodes, the Bills are gonna rise again, stronger, tougher, and ready to lay the smackdown on those hard times! If you will, daddy!

• Awesome! (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Cotton Fitzsimmons said:

Let me tell ya somethin’, baby, when you talk about hard times, you talk about them Buffalo Bills, and you talk about Brandon Beane puttin’ hard times on that wide receiver corps! Hard times is when ya got that superstar quarterback, Josh Allen, throwin’ those deep balls, but MVS—Marquez Valdes-Scantling, baby—he’s out there droppin’ passes like they’re hot potatoes in the fourth quarter! That’s hard times, daddy!

And don’t get me started on Mack Hollins! Oh, Mack Hollins, he’s out there tryin’ to be the man, but instead of catchin’ passes, he’s out here runnin’ barefoot and eating spaghetti with his hands instead of gettin in the end zone, daddy! You can’t win games doin that, baby; you gotta catch that ball!

Brandon Beane, he’s in the trenches, tryin’ to piece together this receiver corps, tryin’ to find that magic that’ll take them Bills to the promised land. But right now, they’re walkin’ through the valley of hard times, baby, where every drop, every misstep, every flex that don’t end in a touchdown—it’s all adding to them hard times!

But lemme tell ya, the American Dream knows about hard times, and he knows they don’t last forever! Brandon Beane’s out there workin’ hard, scratchin’ and clawin’ to turn them hard times into high times, baby! The Bills Mafia’s standin’ tall, and we know, just like Dusty Rhodes, the Bills are gonna rise again, stronger, tougher, and ready to lay the smackdown on those hard times! If you will, daddy!

Bravo, Ye Ole, Bravo!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ganesh said:

wasn't it Kane and Abel ?

"Cain" is the spelling in any translation of the Bible I've seen.  As a retired pastor, I've seen a lot of them.  Here's an example: Genesis 4.  I guess the only problem is Abel. is no longer with us, thanks to Cain,

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Cotton Fitzsimmons said:

So....Two Bills Drive..... What do you want to talk about?

e0d3d-17250013925387-1920.thumb.webp.ff41e3352e01cd2be44c34f7b3a057c2.webp

On 8/29/2024 at 9:07 AM, Dillenger4 said:

Love the pun!

But Virgil a no name?!? I know he's not a household name like, say.. T Kelce - but he's a pretty good WR dude.

Based on what?  

His NFL career consists of 2 receptions for 75 yards and a TD and one kickoff return for 21 yards.  Let’s start fitting him for the gold jacket.

Edited by BobbyC81
  • Eyeroll 1

On 8/29/2024 at 12:53 AM, Sierra Foothills said:

According to Wiki, he's a Buffalo Bill.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jalen_Virgil

Cliff Notes version:

• Small school (Appalachian State).
  • In his final season, he caught 15 passes for 226 yards (15.1 yards per reception) and one touchdown and returned 26 kickoffs for a school-record 781 yards (30.04 yards per return) and two touchdowns.
  • Was not invited to the combine.
  • Put up impressive numbers during his Pro Day but went undrafted.
  • Was signed by Denver.
  • Made the Broncos' initial 53-man roster out of training camp.
  • On November 13, 2022, Virgil scored a 66-yard touchdown on his first career reception during a 17–10 loss to the Tennessee Titans.
  • Last preseason on August 22, 2023, Virgil was placed on injured reserve (torn meniscus), ending his season.

2022 Highlights (includes preseason):

On 8/29/2024 at 11:30 AM, Virgil said:

I'm still negotiating by jersey number

And somewhere @Gugny went "from 6 to 12"...

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

Based on what?  

His NFL career consists of 2 receptions for 75 yards and a TD and one kickoff return for 21 yards.  Let’s start fitting him for the gold jacket.

And I think he just got cut by the lowly Denver Broncos. Let that sink in people . . .

6 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

Based on what?  

How many players can say they score on 33% of their attempts? Clearly he's incredible.

On 8/29/2024 at 10:15 PM, Cotton Fitzsimmons said:

I read that with a lisp..that's hard times daddy.

On 8/31/2024 at 12:13 AM, BobbyC81 said:

Based on what?  

Exactly, those are elite stats! Two catches, 75 yards and a TD?!? Then he was injured. Let's see what he can bring. It's no joke why the Jets, Cinci, NYG and Bills all went after him this offseason.

On 8/29/2024 at 6:54 PM, BigAl2526 said:

Since the Bills have cut Cain, I think they should have signed Abel.  

But as the story goes Cain would then murder Abel out of jealously....