Josh Allen on NFL radio movin’ the chains

Josh is a guest right now talking about how him and Joe Brady have real conversations about concepts and play calling sounds like they’ve got a good relationship. Talking about his offseason workout and wanting to get back to his 2020 season feels like that’s when he was most locked in and works with some dude on his mechanics. He seems to really gush about Coleman and his short area quickness being underrated. Says Hollins is the leader and the special teams guy. MVS is the vertical speed obviously. Love his keep it simple win the next game mentality. Said it took a little time to get the feel with Connor at center but the communication is fantastic now. He likes the o line group. His comments about the special teams makes me think smiley hasn’t planned a damn thing lol. We’ll just copy what other teams figure out I guess is what it boiled down to imo. Not the most faith in our kickers either but maybe I’m reading too much into that. I love the back and forth on him running a lot but not as much as he’s had to because of our running game now. Josh isn’t promising he won’t run he’s great stating you probably shouldn’t play certain coverages against mobile QBs, ie me lol

good interview and the former GMs on this show love them some Josh Allen. Just gushing over him after the interview and how durable he is “a warhorse”

Edited by NeverOutNick
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 9

39 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

Josh is a guest right now talking about how him and Joe Brady have real conversations about concepts and play calling sounds like they’ve got a good relationship. Talking about his offseason workout and wanting to get back to his 2020 season feels like that’s when he was most locked in and works with some dude on his mechanics. He seems to really gush about Coleman and his short area quickness being underrated. Says Hollins is the leader and the special teams guy. MVS is the vertical speed obviously. Love his keep it simple win the next game mentality. Said it took a little time to get the feel with Connor at center but the communication is fantastic now. He likes the o line group. His comments about the special teams makes me think smiley hasn’t planned a damn thing lol. We’ll just copy what other teams figure out I guess is what it boiled down to imo. Not the most faith in our kickers either but maybe I’m reading too much into that. I love the back and forth on him running a lot but not as much as he’s had to because of our running game now. Josh isn’t promising he won’t run he’s great stating you probably shouldn’t play certain coverages against mobile QBs, ie me lol

good interview and the former GMs on this show love them some Josh Allen. Just gushing over him after the interview and how durable he is “a warhorse”

Pat Kirwin & Jim Miller are former GM’s?

5 hours ago, 2003Contenders said:

Kirwin actually was a GM. Worked for both the Jets and Patriots, I believe.

Not true. He was Director of Player Administration for NYJ and never worked for Patriots. 

8 minutes ago, Capco said:

... who gives a damn about Pat ****ing Kirwin anyway?

For those who do, he was a scout (Phoenix, Tampa), defensive assistant coach (Jets), and director of player administration (Jets).  He was also an OC in college (Hofstra).  In other words, he's not just a media guy.  He's real a football man with experience in coaching, scouting, and salary cap administration. 

Edited by hondo in seattle
  • Agree 3

5 hours ago, first_and_ten said:

I don't have very much confidence in our kickers either. Where was the competition in camp? 

I have absolutely no confidence in any portion of our ST.  Beane completely butchered not bringing in competition with Bass. I'm sure Martin will avg 40y/ kick or less. And God help our coverage teams when they're not committing penalties. 

• Agree 1