Do you make your bed in the morning?

Bed making  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Bed making

When we first got married I tried to be a good sport and make the bed. No hospital corners, but neat.  It wasn’t to her satisfaction so she’d come around behind me and tidy it up a bit. I gave up. 

Decades later she’s worse about it than I EVER was! The bed is “made” 100% of the time, but it’s not exactly ready for inspection. 

And yes, there is a sheet on top to make it easier to accommodate for the dogs and their shedding. 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Fleezoid said:

I don't want to mess with it when I'm getting ready for work, but I make it when I get home.  It's an OCD thing for me. All I do is pull the comforter up and make it neat. 

Can I bring my two Goldens over to spend the day at your place?   😊 They have their own beds all over the house, but they love OUR beds. The only furniture they are allowed to get on. We love our dogs, but they shed a damn puppy per day.

I had two Goldens when I met my wife, so it was a package deal. My dogs then were jealous and protective of me, trying to stay between me and the wifey in bed. Funny. And unsuccessful. 

Now? The dogs who know us both equally just ditch me as soon she comes home.  🤷‍♂️

I don’t think the gate to Heaven has a box to check regarding what time you made your bed. You may be cutting it close, but I think you are in by a technicality. 

Don't make your bed!  Here's why:

https://www.today.com/home/scientists-keep-mites-away-leave-your-bed-unmade-every-day-t43496

"...Those who are terrified of creepy crawlies may want to stop reading now. Here's why: Leaving the bed unmade, according to scientists who spoke with the BBC, allows the million or so dust mites who share the sack with you every night to die off. This should come as a bit of a relief to people who don't make like their bed, much like — according to his wife, Christina Geist — our very own Willie Geist.  ..."

• Like (+1) 1

We have a Queen size bed but we have separate blankets and above body sheets except during winter when we use queen size Chinese silk wad comforter.

I make the bed before she goes to sleep for if I don't she has her legs wrapped around my leg pillow and bed sheet. Sometimes she takes up entire bed forcing me to sleep on edge of bed.  I fold my sheet and put my legs pillow along side so it is less likely she will use it.  It is amazing when we got married that we both slept in a single bed.

13 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

https://www.today.com/home/scientists-keep-mites-away-leave-your-bed-unmade-every-day-t43496

"...Those who are terrified of creepy crawlies may want to stop reading now. Here's why: Leaving the bed unmade, according to scientists who spoke with the BBC, allows the million or so dust mites who share the sack with you every night to die off. This should come as a bit of a relief to people who don't make like their bed, much like — according to his wife, Christina Geist — our very own Willie Geist.  ..."

You reminded me of this post I saw yesterday...

• Awesome! (+1) 1

15 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I absolutely love it when there is scientific evidence to be lazy!  I need more of these.

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

From what I can see, based on a computer model projection from 2005.  The next stage of this research was actually going to prove it and then the research was never heard from again.... 😂   Except in articles quoting the original unproven assertation!

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GaryPinC said:

From what I can see, based on a computer model projection from 2005.  The next stage of this research was actually going to prove it and then the research was never heard from again.... 😂   Except in articles quoting the original unproven assertation!

Grrr... Sigh...

Big Bed & Big Admirals with their own housekeeping staff are behind this!

cc:

@Mike in Horseheads

• Haha (+1) 1