Bills Practice Squad Signings

Process

The real genius of Beane is getting the fans to look past the roster and drool over the PS…

How many ever get called up?  This kid Davidson has been PS a bunch of times for example, yet everyone was going on like he was bursting onto the Bills scene lol

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, FLFan said:

I had not seen that this is official.  Did I miss something?  Beane seemed to be very equivocal on this one.  I hope it’s true.  He seems worth a good look.  

Seems legit from what I’m finding online anyway 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Im glad no one claimed Hardy.  Im glad some of the rest of that list is on the ps but mostly I dont care much about any of them.

2 hours ago, Process said:

I just don't see how this is possible.  The guy is barely reliable inside the 40 and for xtra points. He couldn't kickoff well within the new rule changes either.  I know they see this so this has to be about his contract.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, eball said:

I think if they weren't so deep at CB Hardy would have made the 53...but they were clearly panicking about not having a trustworthy return man when Hardy kept catching punts inside his 10 and Hamler was fumbling and bumbling.

Definitely think Hardy has a future in this league, and perhaps with the Bills.

Hardy's contribution for the Bills will most definitely be at DB.

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

The real genius of Beane is getting the fans to look past the roster and drool over the PS…

How many ever get called up?  This kid Davidson has been PS a bunch of times for example, yet everyone was going on like he was bursting onto the Bills scene lol

Hey it's the Bills, players drop like flies. There will be PS call ups....

The Practice Squad is an expansion of the 53-player roster.  If the roster was allowing 55, 2 of the PS players would be on the main roster.

The bubble players on the PS are in essence no different than the last couple of players to make the squad.

I see no reason to lessen their importance.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

Im glad no one claimed Hardy.  Im glad some of the rest of that list is on the ps but mostly I dont care much about any of them.

I just don't see how this is possible.  The guy is barely reliable inside the 40 and for xtra points. He couldn't kickoff well within the new rule changes either.  I know they see this so this has to be about his contract.

They are no longer kicking field goals

its obvious , I thought.

Going for it on every 4th and whatever. Unless it's Martin's turn to drop it on the two 👍

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

We're not unique. Here is a thread on Jungle Noise about the same topic. They are worried about 3rd RBs and end of the rotation DEs.

https://thebengalsboard.com/thread-38887.html

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

All things considered I absolutely love this PS. The only thing I don’t like is Mike White but hopefully we never have to see him. Great job 

Who is Josh's backup? I was actually hoping they would sign White. I think he's better than even Trubisky

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

The NFL may want to consider have a Practice Squad playoffs / tournament after the season, so we can once and for all figure out who has the best practice squad. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

4 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

You're not wrong.  But Doc Brown isn't wrong either.  

People generally perform better when authority figures (parents, teachers, bosses, coaches) show faith and confidence in them.  This principle (the "Pygmalion Effect") has been studied & verified in the classroom, in sports, by the USAF, the Israeli military, etc.  

Conversely, people tend to perform worse when the authority figures in their lives don't exhibit confidence & belief in them - this anti-Pygmalion effect is sometimes known as the "Golem Effect."  

Beane and McD have both publicly expressed faith in Bass not because they are naive but because they know (intuitively or scientifically), it's the best way to help him (i.e. Pygmalion Effect).  Doc Brown is saying, in his own words, that we don't want to have the Golem Effect working against us.  

So here we are where everyone gets a trophy....

3 minutes ago, nosejob said:

So here we are where everyone gets a trophy....

Actually, that's probably the reasoning behind it.  But the flaw is when everyone gets a trophy, it's kind of like no one getting a trophy because the trophy is made meaningless.

What's better is giving the trophy only to those who earned it.  And telling the others something like, "I believe in you and your potential!  If you work hard and do the right things, you'll get a trophy next time!"   You give the high acheivers awards.  You give the rest hope and encouragement.   That's what McD seems to do, and it's the right approach.    

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Chaos said:

The NFL may want to consider have a Practice Squad playoffs / tournament after the season, so we can once and for all figure out who has the best practice squad. 

Now THAT I'd watch!

• Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Chaos said:

this is seriously brilliant!! It would basically be all of our favorite players playing!  

• Haha (+1) 3