Bills Practice Squad Signings

Process

10 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Doubtful that he's on any other teams radar. Bills can afford to wait on adding him to the squad.

Maybe he signs a futures contract with the team after the season, but I don’t see it. As someone who’s very green in football, the more he can be around it, the better, and by choosing not to put him on the practice squad it may be the last we see of him… unless he puts in tons of work on his own time and shows the Bills he’s worth another look. 

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Simon said:

I'm guessing that the Toohill the Bills have seen is markedly different than the Toohill that the Bills fans have seen.

Not to mention, DEs and LBers have a new expanded role with kickoffs. Toohill is a huge guy and a major athlete, could be a weapon. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

36 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

Is this a reference to the NFL App alert about the Denver receiver who caught a long pass from Russell Wilson in 2022?  I assume that is KJ Hamler.

No, Jalen Virgil is the name rumored to join the Bills PS (along with Hamler).

1 hour ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Like that practice squad a lot.

Yup....glad Davidson,  Hardy & Gore landed on it. And they jettisoned DeShawn Williams who looked terrible in preseason. We got plenty of TE, RB & CB depth. And yes White will probably be slightly better than Mitch.  WR room is still a huge ?

• Agree 2

19 minutes ago, Simon said:

I'm guessing that the Toohill the Bills have seen is markedly different than the Toohill that the Bills fans have seen.

Hope Toohill ends up being better than Trent Murphy was. That was a Beane bust!

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Doc this is the NFL which stands for Not-For-Long.

Bills need to win games, not care about Bass's feelings.

If Bass can't stand the heat he needs to get out of the kitchen !

You're not wrong.  But Doc Brown isn't wrong either.  

People generally perform better when authority figures (parents, teachers, bosses, coaches) show faith and confidence in them.  This principle (the "Pygmalion Effect") has been studied & verified in the classroom, in sports, by the USAF, the Israeli military, etc.  

Conversely, people tend to perform worse when the authority figures in their lives don't exhibit confidence & belief in them - this anti-Pygmalion effect is sometimes known as the "Golem Effect."  

Beane and McD have both publicly expressed faith in Bass not because they are naive but because they know (intuitively or scientifically), it's the best way to help him (i.e. Pygmalion Effect).  Doc Brown is saying, in his own words, that we don't want to have the Golem Effect working against us.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

You're not wrong.  But Doc Brown isn't wrong either.  

People generally perform better when authority figures (parents, teachers, bosses, coaches) show faith and confidence in them.  This principle (the "Pygmalion Effect") has been studied & verified in the classroom, in sports, by the USAF, the Israeli military, etc.  

Conversely, people tend to perform worse when the authority figures in their lives don't exhibit confidence & belief in them - this anti-Pygmalion effect is sometimes known as the "Golem Effect."  

Beane and McD have both publicly expressed faith in Bass not because they are naive but because they know (intuitively or scientifically), it's the best way to help him (i.e. Pygmalion Effect).  Doc Brown is saying, in his own words, that we don't want to have the Golem Effect working against us.  

I don't know about Eliza Doolittle, but I grew up with the "Louie Effect".

A swift kick in the a$$ always made me do my best.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

I’m honestly most excited about Hardy and Couch. I think both showed a lot of potential at Defensive back in the preseason. 

Im a fan of Gouriage and he has a chance to make next years roster with further development. 

Feels like our OL and DB have successfully developed players from the PS to be rosterable if not contributing players lately. Have to think these players see that and wouldn't be surprised to see them make the 53 next year if they don't get poached this year. I'm very happy to have them back in house!

41 minutes ago, I'm Spartacus said:

Hope Toohill ends up being better than Trent Murphy was. That was a Beane bust!

There are 5 defensive ends ahead of him on the roster at this point.  If they get to the point where he is taking a significant share of snaps, they are in trouble in any case.  He is veteran insurance is all, and probably one of the first if not the first to go if they need a roster spot.  Murphy was intended to be a starter and major contributor, and that obviously did not work out to plan.  

56 minutes ago, DJB said:

😭😭😭

I had not seen that this is official.  Did I miss something?  Beane seemed to be very equivocal on this one.  I hope it’s true.  He seems worth a good look.