Bills Practice Squad Signings

Process

6 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Doc this is the NFL which stands for Not-For-Long.

Bills need to win games, not care about Bass's feelings.

If Bass can't stand the heat he needs to get out of the kitchen !

I'm not arguing with you but what's the point of keeping one on the practice squad?  You can release Bass on Monday.  Sign one on Tuesday and have him kick that Sunday.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This must be how that Denver WR is getting added.

51 minutes ago, Process said:

Interesting that the Denver WR isn't listed? Also I think initial reports were Ben D would be back, but it looks like he got kicked to the curb after the White signing.

49 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

Agreed where’s the Denver kid?

Is this a reference to the NFL App alert about the Denver receiver who caught a long pass from Russell Wilson in 2022?  I assume that is KJ Hamler.

38 minutes ago, ngbills said:

It is interesting to me how teams bring back like 99% of their own guys. Like no other team has players better than the ones they invited and then cut. 

I think its about having guys who know the system.

55 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

They either felt really comfortable with the idea of losing him on waivers or knew he wouldn't be claimed. 

I know we've viewed Jonathan as a developmental piece in the past, but he's 26 now and only 1.5 years younger than Toohill. Toohill has managed to produce (albeit in a limited role) in the NFL - my sense is the clock just ran out on waiting for that theoretical upside. 

I get that on Jonathan. And I agree with it. But for Toohill??? That is the bit I don't understand. 

They’re getting the band back together, 

24 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I'm not arguing with you but what's the point of keeping one on the practice squad?  You can release Bass on Monday.  Sign one on Tuesday and have him kick that Sunday.

To let Bass know he has competition and he better start performing.  Sometimes competition is a good thing.

Bass needs to know that he has to shape up or ship out !

1 minute ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

To let Bass know he has competition and he better start performing.  Sometimes competition is a good thing.

Unless he's slow he knows that you need to perform in the NFL as a kicker or you'll lose your job quickly.  A kicker isn't worth a practice squad spot.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Do you think he doesn’t know that already? He’s heard all the talk, he understands what he needs to do 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Even though that is true you probably want the player to assimilate to the team, learning what he is good at/not good at.  Work with the holder, on sides kicks, different kickoffs, etc.

Just now, Doc Brown said:

First time since 2018.  Shows the lack of depth on our roster.

There has been a fair amount of poaching the last few years, I think you are better off this way, let the rookies figure it out and grow into it.  In the past I thinkt hey Bills have kept too many lower level vets

33 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

I'm guessing Spector moves to PS once Milano is activated. I think that's just due in part to have more Linebackers on active roster than other positions.

You are correct about us having more linebackers on the 53 than other active positions, and that's why they don't have one on the PS. We have 6 on the 53 plus Milano on IR. When Milano comes back, it will prob be Andresseen or Ulofoshio that goes to the PS squad though, it won't be Spector. He is the primary backup for Bernard  and a good special teams player, he has proven himself safe. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Toohill...10 sacks this year.  

Sacks of what?

🤣

• Haha (+1) 6

12 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I get that on Jonathan. And I agree with it. But for Toohill??? That is the bit I don't understand. 

I'm guessing that the Toohill the Bills have seen is markedly different than the Toohill that the Bills fans have seen.

• Agree 6