Russ Wilson named starter in Pittsburgh

Roundybout

1 hour ago, Motorin' said:

My only question is, is Pickens worth drafting in FF?

He is, but you’re likely not going to be able to pick him where you would want his value to be. With Russell as his quarterback, he should absolutely be a fifth or sixth rounder, but his talent level is a second rounder. Likely he will go in the third.

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I doubt it. They don't have a better option. Fields can make some plays with his legs, but he can't run an NFL offense. Wilson will keep them out of trouble and they will win games 17-13

I dont disagree, but at the same time they have yo-yo'd in the past when not having great options at QB, but if they are winning they wont switch.  

3 minutes ago, Ben said:

Really have to wonder what happened to this guy. 5 years ago he was on track for 1st ballot hof then just fell off a cliff. Violent game I guess.

Same thing with Peyton although the neck injury played a part of that. The last year and half of his career was horrible. Yet he wins the Super Bowl with the Broncos defense doing the heavy lifting in his final season.

Edited by Gregg

6 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Not a surprise, but I bet it’s a short leash

Yes, it's only a matter of time before  Fields is the starter, then Mike Tomlin's great run in Pittsburgh will be over. It had to happen, and I believe this will be the end for him.