No Bills claimed on waivers. Time to calm down?

MWK

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

So only carry 5 LB's so we can have 7 CB's (more like 8 with Cam Lewis being a CB and S) and 12 DB's total?

I have nothing against him personally, but I look forward to the day the team moves on from Cam Lewis. He seemingly has a strangle hold on a roster spot despite not having one signature play in the entire time he’s been here. And when I say signature play, I of course am talking about a positive one, not a negative - of which I could name a few. He can’t be the most talented or physically gifted player who can double (inadequately) at CB, S, and have a role on STs. Groom someone better.

• Agree 2

25 minutes ago, Brand J said:

I have nothing against him personally, but I look forward to the day the team moves on from Cam Lewis. He seemingly has a strangle hold on a roster spot despite not having one signature play in the entire time he’s been here. And when I say signature play, I of course am talking about a positive one, not a negative - of which I could name a few. He can’t be the most talented or physically gifted player who can double (inadequately) at CB, S, and have a role on STs. Groom someone better.

I was a Cam Lewis hater 2 years ago-  this past season, I thought he played fairly well in his limited opportunities.  He can play S and the slot, which is why he has a stranglehold on a roster spot.  Especially this season without a viable backup for Taron and all the injuries at S.  Makes sense to me

• Agree 2

My favorite NFL rule is the one that says you have to sign a guy to your 53 if you pluck him off another team's PS. That helps keep it a rare occurrence, especially before the season starts and injury replacement needs are minimal.  I think it helps keep a lot more players with the teams that have invested in them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

You go with guys in camp, they know the system. 

Why bring in smelly outsiders?

• New guy pays bar bills
  • info on team player was on
  • player team wanted before other team got first

12 hours ago, NewEra said:

I was a Cam Lewis hater 2 years ago-  this past season, I thought he played fairly well in his limited opportunities.  He can play S and the slot, which is why he has a stranglehold on a roster spot.  Especially this season without a viable backup for Taron and all the injuries at S.  Makes sense to me

And with the Jones and Neal duo now both gone he is by far our best gunner. How important a gunner is with the new rules we will find out this season.

On 8/28/2024 at 4:04 PM, BillsFanForever19 said:

So only carry 5 LB's so we can have 7 CB's (more like 8 with Cam Lewis being a CB and S) and 12 DB's total?

I think this is weird.

I also think it's weird that we're a passing team but only carrying 5 wideouts on the 53.  

7 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

I think this is weird.

I also think it's weird that we're a passing team but only carrying 5 wideouts on the 53.  

We aren’t going to nearly be the passing team we’ve been in past years. McD is going to get his way with Brady and much more running will be called. Just as it was in the final half of the season last year once Brady took over. 

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

I think this is weird.

Spoiler alert:  We’re not a passing team.  We’re a “complementary” team.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Billznut said:

We aren’t going to nearly be the passing team we’ve been in past years. McD is going to get his way with Brady and much more running will be called. Just as it was in the final half of the season last year once Brady took over. 

You might be right.  

If we had a HOF RB in the backfield - imagine someone like Jim Brown -  I'd run the ball at lot if I was the coach/coordinator. 

But we don't.  We have a HOF QB.  I expect us to throw a bunch.  Though maybe slightly less than last year.   And maybe with an lower average depth of target.  Joe Brady has some West Coast blood in him and the West Coast prioritizes higher percentage throws.  

As an ex-soldier, I think about it like this.  We're going to war.  We have a bunch of mediocre weapons but one really good one.  We need to fire the good one a lot.  

6 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

You might be right.  

If we had a HOF RB in the backfield - imagine someone like Jim Brown -  I'd run the ball at lot if I was the coach/coordinator. 

But we don't.  We have a HOF QB.  I expect us to throw a bunch.  Though maybe slightly less than last year.   And maybe with an lower average depth of target.  Joe Brady has some West Coast blood in him and the West Coast prioritizes higher percentage throws.  

As an ex-soldier, I think about it like this.  We're going to war.  We have a bunch of mediocre weapons but one really good one.  We need to fire the good one a lot.  

Oh I fully agree with you on all this. I’d be letting JA do whatever he wants.  I just know McD would much prefer to run and I expect them to at least try being more of a running team than in past years. Will it work? Who knows? 

• Like (+1) 1