No Bills claimed on waivers. Time to calm down?

MWK

17 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

We may have a bigger problem.

Maybe Beane isn't drafting well or acquiring good players

Well that aught to trigger some folk here, 🤣

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MWK said:

Maybe it is time to calm down about the fringe roster players and preseason standouts? Every year when guys get cut it’s, “oh they’ll get claimed for sure.” Well no claim for Kingsley Jonathan, Shavers, Hardy, Gore, or superstar tight end Zach Davidson.

I think that you can look at it either way. It’s either, “calm down all of those guys will be back on the PS” OR “not one of those guys got claimed? The Bills have had players claimed every years since 2018. Maybe this roster and depth isn’t as good as it was?”

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, North Buffalo said:

Bills according NFL have signed Gore Jr to practice squad

trying to make this my last thought on this-he is small and slow. he is a third stringer that looks good against 4th stringers, he was never asked to pass protect which is a hint as well.

This is the Bills being good citizens and respecting the contribution of Gore Sr to the league by rostering him for a year to see what happens. Best of luck to the kid- he has heart and instinct but these 2 things can't overcome his poor NFL physical attributes. Hope he has fun  and he proves all us realists wrong but let's stop anointing the kid.

He is now in the DaRick, Chroise, Wildgoose etc. etc. hall of fame. 

1 hour ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

How many cuts from the Bills were taken on waivers the last few years? I feel like just a couple.

According to Gunner's research the most in the NFL the last 4 years...

He posted this in another thread.

That has led to cutdown day resulting in the Bills losing guys they would have liked on their practice squads. I knew they were top 3 in that category, I'd heard that in a podcast but I thought it was with the 49ers and the Ravens... it turns out it is the 49ers and the Jets (anomaly, more to come). Since 2020 the teams who have had the most roster claims on guys waived at cutdown day are:

1. Buffalo Bills (10)

2. New York Jets (9)

3. San Francisco 49ers (8)

=4. Kansas City Chiefs (6)

=4. Philadelphia Eagles (6)

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MWK said:

Maybe it is time to calm down about the fringe roster players and preseason standouts? Every year when guys get cut it’s, “oh they’ll get claimed for sure.” Well no claim for Kingsley Jonathan, Shavers, Hardy, Gore, or superstar tight end Zach Davidson.

dont tell me what to do amy poehler GIF

Buffalo Bills practice squad

QB Mike White

RB Frank Gore Jr.

WR Deon Cain

WR KJ Hamler

WR Iyrell Shavers

TE Zach Davidson

OL Will Clapp

OL Mike Edwards

OL Richard Gouraige

DT Eli Ankou

DT Branson Deen

DE Kameron Cline

DE Kingsley Jonathan

CB Te'Cory Couch

CB Daequan Hardy

S Kareem Jackson

Edited by North Buffalo
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Low Positive said:

I think that we're all too involved in parts of the game that fans didn't used to pay attention to. The combine is televised and mock drafts are a thing. People have strong reactions to 7th round picks. Then we get a lot more access via social media to training camp practices. So we form strong opinions about players when we don't really have the full information. Then, when we start sharing those opinions on social media and message boards, two things happen. First of all, a sort of groupthink sets in where those opinions become narratives and then facts. Secondly, the Internet doesn't allow people to change their hot takes because everyone has "receipts." Long story short, no one stressed about end of the roster cuts in the 90's because we had no idea who these guys were. Now we have enough info to form opinions but not enough to form informed opinions. 

Reminds me of "wrong" Josh who some actually bet money on being picked and refused narrative that Bills actually picked right QB.  Beane and Coach McD actually thought so well of him they brought the owners to meeting with him pre draft ((they did not do so for visits on other prospective QBs).   

5 hours ago, MWK said:

"Shavers Clears Waivers" sounds like the worst Dr. Seuss book of all time.

I would buy a bunch of copies and give them to children I dislike.

• Haha (+1) 5

5 hours ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

How many cuts from the Bills were taken on waivers the last few years? I feel like just a couple.

Last year there were two claimed on waivers, both were the teams 7th round picks in the 2023 NFL draft. I am sure in the McD era there maybe have been 1-2 others but I think it happening last season to two players made fans more paranoid about it. It can happen and I did think there was a chance it could happen with Hardy but it was unlikely. 

• Like (+1) 1