No Bills claimed on waivers. Time to calm down?

MWK

Maybe it is time to calm down about the fringe roster players and preseason standouts? Every year when guys get cut it’s, “oh they’ll get claimed for sure.” Well no claim for Kingsley Jonathan, Shavers, Hardy, Gore, or superstar tight end Zach Davidson.

Edited by MWK
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

• MWK changed the title to No Bills claimed on waivers. Time to calm down?
Just now, MWK said:

Maybe it is time to calm down about the fringe roster players? Every year when guys get cut it’s, “oh they’ll get claimed for sure.” Well no claim for Kingsley Jonathan, Shavers, Hardy, or Gore. 

…and no trades for the guys who were supposedly great depth, but no room on the 53 man roster. 

Yeah, I didn't think we would. I wondered if Kingsley Jonathan would because Eric Washington is DC for the Bears, so maybe he would have wanted him.

6 minutes ago, MWK said:

Maybe it is time to calm down about the fringe roster players and preseason standouts? Every year when guys get cut it’s, “oh they’ll get claimed for sure.” Well no claim for Kingsley Jonathan, Shavers, Hardy, or Gore. 

Except the Bills over the previous 4 years lead the league in players claimed. 

The only one I thought there might be a shot there was Gore and that is as much about legacy and name

5 minutes ago, MJS said:

Yeah, I didn't think we would. I wondered if Kingsley Jonathan would because Eric Washington is DC for the Bears, so maybe he would have wanted him.

He has been there once though.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, MWK said:

Maybe it is time to calm down about the fringe roster players and preseason standouts? Every year when guys get cut it’s, “oh they’ll get claimed for sure.” Well no claim for Kingsley Jonathan, Shavers, Hardy, Gore, or superstar tight end Zach Davidson.

Every year there's some Bills play er who wins what I call the Duke Williams award given to the player who everyone here is convinced will be grabbed up in second, but doesn't.  It shows you that NFL front office types and coaches, know what a true NFL roster player looks like more than most here do.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I also haven't seen a report that Hardy is joining our PS. Maybe his injury is actually pretty bad and we are just waiting until he's healthy to re-sign him? Which would also explain why no team claimed him if he can't even play.

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

I also haven't seen a report that Hardy is joining our PS. Maybe his injury is actually pretty bad and we are just waiting until he's healthy to re-sign him? Which would also explain why no team claimed him if he can't even play.

Can they cut an injured player at cutdown day?

Just now, HappyDays said:

How could he have been cut outright if he was injured bad enough per the rumour?

• Like (+1) 1

Having no players claimed adds further evidence the roster is just not as good as it was in years past. There are probably 2 or 3 guys on our roster right now that would clear waivers. Usually they have been cutting guys including late round draft picks that at least get picked up somewhere. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Having no players claimed adds further evidence the roster is just not as good as it was in years past. There are probably 2 or 3 guys on our roster right now that would clear waivers. Usually they have been cutting guys including late round draft picks that at least get picked up somewhere. 

How many cuts from the Bills were taken on waivers the last few years? I feel like just a couple.