Bills SIGN QB Mike White to PS!!!

DJB

34 minutes ago, Augie said:

If we are having beer for breakfast, we probably won’t care too much. 

I don't have any beer, can you BUY  deliver ?

Edited by HOUSE
  • Haha (+1) 1

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In preseason, when no name QBs routinely flourish with 80%+ completions because the defenses are so vanilla.

Mike White (Dolphins)  20 for 43, 179 yards 0 TD, 0 Int, 4 sacks, 47% completions

Not just preseason of course...i don't see the upgrade here.  I thought there were better options out there.  Maybe he's another guy that Allen likes in the room.. who knows. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

Def an upgrade

I know he was a gamer vs the Bills but he has a total TD-INT ratio of 9-13 with a 3.9% int rate and 5.8Y/A.....not sure it is an upgrade.

1 hour ago, Malazan said:

He's an upgrade over what they had.. also.. he's familiar with the Jets and Dolphins. The Bills play the Dolphins week 2.

Bolded is key for week 2.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Malazan said:

He's an upgrade over what they had.. also.. he's familiar with the Jets and Dolphins. The Bills play the Dolphins week 2.

Was listening to Sirius XM NFL Radio this morning. Bob Poppa and whoever was with him today didn't mention the Bills need for a QB at all, only that White was signed so the Bills can get insight to the Fish playbook for week 2. While that may be part of it, the fact is we needed a backup QB.

10 minutes ago, CA OC Bills Fan said:

Was listening to Sirius XM NFL Radio this morning. Bob Poppa and whoever was with him today didn't mention the Bills need for a QB at all, only that White was signed so the Bills can get insight to the Fish playbook for week 2. While that may be part of it, the fact is we needed a backup QB.

Yeah have to imagine getting insight on Dolphin's playbook played a role and it will definitely be useful with White being in their QB room versus if he was playing some other position.

Edited by billieve420

Best part is the Dolphin mouth breathers on Twitter getting their panties in a twist about him signing with a division rival and not showing loyalty to the team that released him.

Because they didn't have that energy when they got him from the Jets...

15 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Oh for sure! He's def a solid guy for when Trubisky's down. And maybe OP just meant upgrade over DiNucci or Brown. But I feel like White is/was talked about as a Trubisky replacement and that just isn't happening, whether people like it or not.

What are you Trubisky's agent?!!  

The guy is terrible.  And really doesn't belong in the NFL any longer.  Mike White has a lot more upside.  But lets hope Josh just keeps rolling along being the best baller QB in the NFL.

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Matt_In_NH said:

I know he was a gamer vs the Bills but he has a total TD-INT ratio of 9-13 with a 3.9% int rate and 5.8Y/A.....not sure it is an upgrade.

Bolded is key for week 2.

I agree with this.  White has shown some moxie and played pretty well against the Bills, so Bills fans have a bias, but his overall body of work isn't that great.

That said, he's fairly young, cheap, a gamer, and knows our division (Miami in particular), so not a bad idea to put him on the PS.  He's certainly no worse, and probably better, than DiNucci, Brown, and Buchele.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

The guy is terrible.  And really doesn't belong in the NFL any longer.  Mike White has a lot more upside.  But lets hope Josh just keeps rolling along being the best baller QB in the NFL.

6 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

I agree with this.  White has shown some moxie and played pretty well against the Bills, so Bills fans have a bias, but his overall body of work isn't that great.

That said, he's fairly young, cheap, a gamer, and knows our division (Miami in particular), so not a bad idea to put him on the PS.  He's certainly no worse, and probably better, than DiNucci, Brown, and Buchele.

These are the statements I just don’t get.  I can understand the signing because if Trubisky is hurt - you want a veteran ready on the PS to elevate for a game or two.

The truth is though - Mike White has little to no upside and he is not young or really a gamer.  White is over 29 and a half years old - he is only about 100 days (1/3 of a year) younger than Mitch.  He is over a year and a half older than Josh.  He is not young - and his game stats are terrible overall.  

His completion %, TD/Int ratio, QB rating are all significantly worse than Mitch’s.  If people are complaining about Mitch being bad - White is worse. 

I have no issue with the signing because I understand what the Bills are looking for and you are both correct we need Josh to roll and he has knowledge of our division.  I just don’t think we should have any reason to try and justify the signing because White is not young or a player with upside - he is a middling low level QB that can carry a clipboard and throw a helmet on in a dire situation.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Rochesterfan said:

These are the statements I just don’t get.  I can understand the signing because if Trubisky is hurt - you want a veteran ready on the PS to elevate for a game or two.

The truth is though - Mike White has little to no upside and he is not young or really a gamer.  White is over 29 and a half years old - he is only about 100 days (1/3 of a year) younger than Mitch.  He is over a year and a half older than Josh.  He is not young - and his game stats are terrible overall.  

His completion %, TD/Int ratio, QB rating are all significantly worse than Mitch’s.  If people are complaining about Mitch being bad - White is worse. 

I have no issue with the signing because I understand what the Bills are looking for and you are both correct we need Josh to roll and he has knowledge of our division.  I just don’t think we should have any reason to try and justify the signing because White is not young or a player with upside - he is a middling low level QB that can carry a clipboard and throw a helmet on in a dire situation.

Not to get too deep into semantics, but I did qualify it by saying "fairly" young.  In other words, he's not a rookie in his early 20's, but he's also not the late 30's veteran backup that some teams go with.  He's still under 30.  No doubt he's cheap.  I'm sure he is being paid whatever minimum he qualifies for.  As to being a gamer, when I have seen him play, he's played hard and with a lot of enthusiasm.  He's played injured when a lot of guys would have bowed out.  He's not a passive type of player.  That's what most people consider a "gamer."  So I'm not sure what parts of "fairly young, cheap, and a gamer" you don't get.

If you want to simply say the guy's stats are not very good, I'm on board with that assessment.  I also agree with your assessment that he's a middling low level QB.  That's why he's on a Practice Squad and not starting and/or even on an active NFL roster (absent Trubisky not being available due to injury).  I'm not excited by the Bills signing him, but I see some logic in it and my thoughts were in line with what I perceived to be the logic behind the signing.

2 hours ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Mike White as about as much upside as I do. Hes a fine 3rd QB in the NFL, lets not get crazy

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, buffblue said:

I like the 3 exclamation points in the title

Seems like three exclamation point excitement to me, Mitch Trubisky is our backup ffs.  At least White can take a hit.

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Mike White as about as much upside as I do. Hes a fine 3rd QB in the NFL, lets not get crazy

Mike White has a pretty dam good arm, set of testicles to match.  Not soft like Trubisky.

Edited by rm -rf /*