Bills SIGN QB Mike White to PS!!!

DJB

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Little surprised.  You had guys like CJ Beathard, PJ Walker, Desmond Ridder, and possibly Case Keenum out there still. 

Case Keenum is on season ending IR.

Desmond Ridder and CJ Beathard I grant are available.   I don't know about Ridder, but Beathard got most of his playing time with SF, and let's just say I'm not sure he's an upgrade over Trubisky

16 minutes ago, JoeF said:

Knows the Jets and Phins offenses --- a great scouting report...

It was LaFleur’s offense when he was with the Jest, not Nate Hackett’s. Not that it makes any difference, because he wouldn’t offer much, if any, appreciable intelligence anyway. Same with the Dolphins. 

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yeah plus Mitch and Josh are tight too.  I think he is there as insurance with Mitch recovering, but if something happened to Allen I am sure they will turn to Mitch first.  Now totally possible Mitch craps the bed if he does have to play, and then maybe they switch it up and give White a shot.  But other than that, I’m guessing he will remain as a 3rd option and on the PS this season at least.  

Josh was also tight with Barkley, Kyle Allen and Darnold.

What’s all the excitement about?  Based on his career numbers (QBR of 76) he’s a below average QB who doesn’t run.  He has 14 rushes for 19 yards for his career of 14 games and I wonder how many of those were kneel downs.

He's better than Trubisky for sure. I fully expect him to end up our primary backup once he learns the offense. I mean, depending on Trubisky's health, it could be as soon as week 1.  He's not great, but one thing I will say is that he's one of the toughest QBs I've seen. The Bills basically broke him in half, but the dude never quit in that game.  He earned my respect in that game after the beating he took.

Edited by sven233
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 5

15 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

Vested veterans can.  He’s not subject to waivers 

Teams cannot start signing players to the PS until noon tomorrow. He could sign right now to the 53 but teams cannot begin ps signings until tomorrow at noon.

Edited by The Cincinnati Kid
  • Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Desmond Ridder and CJ Beathard I grant are available.   I don't know about Ridder, but Beathard got most of his playing time with SF, and let's just say I'm not sure he's an upgrade over Trubisky

i could be wrong, but didn’t sound like keenum’s injury is serious, and so i am guessing the IR designation is for an injury settlement.

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

Ridder is atrocious and couldn’t even stick as a backup in Arizona. Beathard is whatever, probably about the same as Trubs or White.

This is 100% a Bill Belichik maneuver to get intel on Miami for week 2. White is an awful QB, his only claim to fame is getting cut in half by Milano and not only surviving but continued to play. I have no problem with him as a PS QB but he’s no Trubisky and Trubisky sucks.

1 hour ago, BobbyC81 said:

What’s all the excitement about?  Based on his career numbers (QBR of 76) he’s a below average QB who doesn’t run.  He has 14 rushes for 19 yards for his career of 14 games and I wonder how many of those were kneel downs.

True, hopefully they don’t have him penciled in as the starter 

(and at least this thread doesn’t do all caps  hype MIKE WHITE like the earlier thread did…granted triple exclamation point might cancel that….and why SIGN in caps? Oh apparently was something like hosted then changed to SIGN, my bad.  Not sure about the !!!!)

Edited by goober

2 hours ago, Blank Stare said:

Wouldn’t hate it. Still have the image of Milano folding him like a lawn chair etched in my brain though. Dude took a total shot. 

Not for nothing but that man was murdered in that game and kept coming back for more.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

The real value of picking up White (besides being insurance to Trubisky is that he’ll likely be the QB on the scout team to prepare the defense each week. I can easily seem him emulating some of the QBs we’ll see this season and, as others have mentioned, he’s familiar with what the Dolphins and Jets run. This may be the best contribution he’ll make this season, even if he never suits up for an actual game. 

Edited by CoachWiley