DJB

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great story, no doubt.

He is more raw and requires more refinement and seasoning than he showed in the Pittsburgh game. I agree with the notion that he likely wouldn't have made it to the practice squad, so the Bills' hand was somewhat forced.

I will say this: It's best not to get too attached to bottom-of-roster guys who miraculously make the 53 until a week or so has passed. The possibility of a cut from another team being signed by the Bills and forcing a fringe player or two off the roster exists and is not all that remote.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Great story, no doubt.

He is more raw and requires more refinement and seasoning than he showed in the Pittsburgh game. I agree with the notion that he likely wouldn't have made it to the practice squad, so the Bills' hand was somewhat forced.

I will say this: It's best not to get too attached to bottom-of-roster guys who miraculously make the 53 until a week or so has passed. The possibility of a cut from another team being signed by the Bills and forcing a fringe player or two off the roster exists and is not all that remote.

Stop it I’ve already bought his jersey and petitioning for his statue outside the Bills new stadium. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 7

1 minute ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

So many threads for a player who really isn't that good, smh

But it’s a good story about a local kid earning every snap of his career. UDFA kid got a shot and took advantage of his opportunity. Even if his career is short lived, he can say he made it. It’s worth rooting for.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, KingBoots8 said:

But it’s a good story about a local kid earning every snap of his career. UDFA kid got a shot and took advantage of his opportunity. Even if his career is short lived, he can say he made it. It’s worth rooting for.

Yes, what a story 🤣 

• Vomit 1
  • Angry 1

As cool as a story as it is, this is the type of thing I feel like a "transition year" brings.  A local guy made the team and everyone is going to be in love with it while the Bills may be struggling throughout the season with a tough schedule.

I think it's cool also, just really want solid games from the full team and not just a "feel good story".

• Agree 1